Oasis of the Seas first revenue cruise on September 5th

DJLDRUMS

Thanks to everyone for the report’s from onboard!

did anyone happen to catch if there were any deals for specialty dining/chefs table when you came onboard? Trying to figure out if we should buy a 3 dining package in advance of if we are better off waiting?

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ahh - that's good to hear it is because of their Election Day and not other reasons.   TY for sharing your cruise with us 🥰

We were there on a Sunday and everything was closed as well. Except for a pharmacy/T-shirt store.The guy at the pharmacy said that it was a recent new "order" during the pandemic. He was allowing customers in only to buy pharmacy products. Everything else was covered up. I have never seen Nassau this quiet.

3 hours ago, MonaCK said:

Thanks to everyone for the report’s from onboard!

did anyone happen to catch if there were any deals for specialty dining/chefs table when you came onboard? Trying to figure out if we should buy a 3 dining package in advance of if we are better off waiting?

I have not see any promotion on specialty dining on spa during this sailing. But I also didn’t look for them in specific. But no flyers or special sales on compass 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nelblu said:

Also, I would make reservations even if not required. Especially specialty restaurants they practice social  distancing with their tables. 
As soon as you board or via thir app 

Very true. A lot of reservations were taken by cruise planner and ultimate dining as well. I try to book chop as soon as I get in. Hardly any reservation available, most last 8:30. I had to go to chop personally to grab a 7 pm reservation that was just released

9 hours ago, nelblu said:

I’m solo and that seated me, in the mdr, a table for 2. Surrounded by many tables for 2.  No or very little social distancing. 

Either the CDC or RCL have gone bonkers. I’m at pool and wanted to cool off.   There are only a few pax and some are couples. Was told that I could not because only 9 are allowed at any time. Even tho, there was plenty of social distance between of more than 10 feet.  Some nice lady came out and I went in for a few laps. 

They only social distance on 5 at MDR, since that’s unvax area. The floor is very empty compare to 3 and 4

same reasoning. Solarium’s capacity is 16 because vax only vs the family pool where unvax are allow in there, hence the social distancing for capacity of 9

Edited by cnssu123

9 hours ago, livinginyellow said:

Nope. I have eaten solo at breakfast every day this week and it hasnt been an issue! No room service for us tho - the continental isn't worth it for us and I'd rather eat at MDR instead of pay the money for more.

But continental breakfast room service is free. All other time or American breakfast have charges 

9 hours ago, livinginyellow said:

As I said above, were on this cruise too, but I took a chance to get away from my phone for a few days. We have had a genuinely great time. My husband was nervous about masks but they really are no issue. And most everyone wears them when needed. The only downside is the entertainment isnt as robust because if the smaller capacity - less trivia, activities, etc. But the rest of the ship has been fantastic. Pools and hot tubs have been mostly empty, and Coco Cay weirdly cleared out at 3ish yesterday (we were there until 530) so we sat in an empty swim up bar in both the ocean and pool for hours. I wish all cruises were like this - it's worth sailing and potentially being exposed for this smaller capacity. So sad were getting towards the end of the week. Doing chops tonight though and can't wait 

We left Coco Cay at 2:30, because Baby vs. Coco Cay and Coco Cay won 😪otherwise would’ve love to stay till last minute.

We did the harbor cove, a bit of chill island and the kids splash pad. Didn’t get a chance to go oasis lagoon

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ecslady said:

Are they seating solo travelers with others at dinner?

Have you tried room service for breakfast?  If so, how was it?

First day, asked for 8:30-9:00 breakfast. Called

at 9:15 said coming, finally showed up at 9:50.

Tried again on day 4, much better.

I do see that the crews in general are a bit rusty, and probably need a few more sailings to get back into the grooves. 

• Like 1

A few factoids:

Another beautiful day at sea, presently a bit north of Port Canaveral.  Minor swells, but Oasis simply is not affected.

Crew and staff not allowed to disembark on any ports, other than their private island, eg. Coco Cay and possibly Labadee.  While at Coco Cay, there must have been a few hundreds crew/staff in either Magenta or Pink RCL t-shirts getting off and enjoying the facilities.

This AM, after having breakfast at the WJ, went for a few laps on the 15th deck.  I saw a crew member with a stick of some 6 feet and he was measuring the distance between chairs and other structures, eg shell beds, etc.  The 6 feet separation is in play, despite being open areas.  He said that he does it every day on both the 15/16 decks.  From an eyeball measurement, it looks like the 16 the deck is at 15% of normal lounge capacity.  There are quite a few shell beds and cabana (?) beds.  On the 15th deck is not as pronounced, but my estimate is 20-25% of normal capacity.   Unless the protocols are eased, I can't see more passengers capacity as there would not be enough loungers to go around.

Solarium, no or hardly any social distancing measurements.

Also, quite a few crew members with spray bottles constantly spraying/sanitizing  rails and loungers.

Pinnacle Lounge is open and located next to D lounge in Jazz on  4 venue.

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 3

The pools are going to be difficult to manage going forward.  Feel sorry for the lifeguards as they have to endure the sarcasm/nastiness of Paxs due to a limit of 9 in pool at any given time.  I was at pool for a couple of hours and they literally had to tell people to get out so that others could go in.  I had to ask permission just to dive to cool off and then get out quickly.  

I can just see problems especially with some that have quick tempers and inebriated.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nelblu said:

The pools are going to be difficult to manage going forward.  Feel sorry for the lifeguards as they have to endure the sarcasm/nastiness of Paxs due to a limit of 9 in pool at any given time.  I was at pool for a couple of hours and they literally had to tell people to get out so that others could go in.  I had to ask permission just to dive to cool off and then get out quickly.  

I can just see problems especially with some that have quick tempers and inebriated.

Just go to the solarium. Just left and there was plenty of room in the pool

29 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Hello,

If you are sitting on the edge, feet in the water or sitting in the shallow areas with just a few inches of water, do they count you as part of the 9? Thanks.

42 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Sounds like the new thing will be pool hogs instead of chair hogs.    

Are they allowing people to sit on the pool edge with their feet in water?   I am thinking probably not but I always like to do that while sunbathing, reading and people watching. 

I think since this was the first revenue sailing out of NJ it had more passengers than probably the future sailings.     We'll find out Sunday/Monday how many on that sailing.    

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Majorleague said:

Hello,

If you are sitting on the edge, feet in the water or sitting in the shallow areas with just a few inches of water, do they count you as part of the 9? Thanks.

No, physically in altogether.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds like the new thing will be pool hogs instead of chair hogs.    

Are they allowing people to sit on the pool edge with their feet in water?   I am thinking probably not but I always like to do that while sunbathing, reading and people watching. 

I think since this was the first revenue sailing out of NJ it had more passengers than probably the future sailings.     We'll find out Sunday/Monday how many on that sailing.    

Remember, the cruise lines objectives is to increase capacity.    However, if these stringent protocols remain I don't see how.  The big joke going around is the green bracelet as to the need since all adults are vaxxed.

• Like 2

Ship is moving pretty quick today and everything is rocking pretty steadily. Walking down our hall on deck 9 causes us to sway back and forth - I am prone to motion sickness and have definitely felt sicker today than i have in a while on a cruise (though Sprite is helping a lot. I cant take Dramamine since it makes me exhausted). My husbands fine....of course...

We did the escape room today and they only allowed 12 in. It was definitely tricky but we would still highly recommend. We didn't win (womp), but we were told only 1 group all week won, so we dont feel that bad.

Lobster night tonight! Also first showing of Cats.

To whomever asked about game shows: no quest this week. The only game show we are going to get is the yes/no game show tomorrow and thats it. A fairly light entertainment schedule this week fwiw.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, livinginyellow said:

Walking down our hall on deck 9 causes us to sway back and forth - I am prone to motion sickness and have definitely felt sicker today than i have in a while on a cruise

Shhh, don't say that; the folks that think O class never move enough to cause that may be in for a rude awakening.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cnssu123 said:

We left Coco Cay at 2:30, because Baby vs. Coco Cay and Coco Cay won 😪otherwise would’ve love to stay till last minute.

We did the harbor cove, a bit of chill island and the kids splash pad. Didn’t get a chance to go oasis lagoon

We left Coco Cay at 2:30, because Baby vs. Coco Cay and Coco Cay won 😪otherwise would’ve love to stay till last minute....SOoooooo are you saying "baby" left a souvenir in the water and that's why people cleared out early???