Oasis of the Seas first revenue cruise on September 5th

DJLDRUMS

5 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Has anyone found out if there will be "The Quest" Saturday evening?

No clue. They have been adding entertainment to the App the day before so we don't know what's on tap for the rest of the week. I'd be surprised if they did it though, as they haven't had anything else of the likes (no love and marriage game show, etc. And barely any trivia compared to other ships we've been on.

3 hours ago, ecslady said:

Are they seating solo travelers with others at dinner?

I’m solo and that seated me, in the mdr, a table for 2. Surrounded by many tables for 2.  No or very little social distancing. 

Either the CDC or RCL have gone bonkers. I’m at pool and wanted to cool off.   There are only a few pax and some are couples. Was told that I could not because only 9 are allowed at any time. Even tho, there was plenty of social distance between of more than 10 feet.  Some nice lady came out and I went in for a few laps. 

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

I’m solo and that seated me, in the mdr, a table for 2. Surrounded by many tables for 2.  No or very little social distancing. 

Either the CDC or RCL have gone bonkers. I’m at pool and wanted to cool off.   There are only a few pax and some are couples. Was told that I could not because only 9 are allowed at any time. Even tho, there was plenty of social distance between of more than 10 feet.  Some nice lady came out and I went in for a few laps. 

Try the Solarium. That pool has been PACKED and no social distancing. I feel safe, so it's not a worry. But don't lean on the blue line in the pool - that's a great way to get blue paint on your back. We learned the hard way earlier this week 🤣🤣

14 minutes ago, livinginyellow said:

Try the Solarium. That pool has been PACKED and no social distancing. I feel safe, so it's not a worry. But don't lean on the blue line in the pool - that's a great way to get blue paint on your back. We learned the hard way earlier this week 🤣🤣

That is even scarier as the h & s protocols are not being applied uniformly.  I guess the solarium is for adults only, therefore different standards.  I’m at the beach pool and there social distancing between lounge chairs. 

16 minutes ago, livinginyellow said:

How’s the new outdoor area in the Solarium? Is it packed or can you find loungers? I spent a lot of time at the beach pool last time I was on Oasis but I like that the outdoor area looks like the loungers face the sea so I may just hang out there a lot. Thanks for sharing😊

Just now, Jerseygirl1416 said:

How’s the new outdoor area in the Solarium? Is it packed or can you find loungers? I spent a lot of time at the beach pool last time I was on Oasis but I like that the outdoor area looks like the loungers face the sea so I may just hang out there a lot. Thanks for sharing😊

I was there the first 2 days and no problem getting loungers. Many stay on the inside. 

37 minutes ago, nelblu said:

well you can get really annoyed when you watch Football because stadiums will be packed full and a lot will not be wearing masks.  Can catch the virus outdoors too.

RCL will have to do a better job of monitoring the pools time wise.  Not fair to limit folks.

I would hate to have to sit for over a hour just to take a quick 2 minute dip.  

CDC has come down hard on the cruise industry while other areas of live keep on going.  

They just can not get over the Diamond Princess thing in the beginning.

1 hour ago, livinginyellow said:

No clue. They have been adding entertainment to the App the day before so we don't know what's on tap for the rest of the week. I'd be surprised if they did it though, as they haven't had anything else of the likes (no love and marriage game show, etc. And barely any trivia compared to other ships we've been on.

Thanks for your reply.

2 minutes ago, watertraveler said:

Has anyone noticed how many children are onboard?  I'm thinking there aren't many as school is in session.  

I saw a bunch by the kiddy pool and at dinner. 
Remember some schools opened late because of the Jewish holiday, at least in NJ. 

4 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I saw a bunch by the kiddy pool and at dinner. 
Remember some schools opened late because of the Jewish holiday, at least in NJ. 

Ah, forgot about that.  We are onboard next week.  Everyone should be back to school by then.

Could someone comment about the headliner shows - Earl Turner or Phoenix?  How was the adult comedy?

2 hours ago, livinginyellow said:

Nope. I have eaten solo at breakfast every day this week and it hasnt been an issue! No room service for us tho - the continental isn't worth it for us and I'd rather eat at MDR instead of pay the money for more.

Thanks for that info. Kinda thought  I'd be seated alone. 

7 minutes ago, watertraveler said:

Ah, forgot about that.  We are onboard next week.  Everyone should be back to school by then.

Could someone comment about the headliner shows - Earl Turner or Phoenix?  How was the adult comedy?

Earl was on Tuesday 9:00 & Wednesday @ 7. Vaxxed on 4 and non on 5th deck. 

Cats Friday 8, Saturday 2. Same as earl for vax and un. 

Charlie peachock (juggler) Sunday 8:45 , Monday 9:45. 

Comedy show Saturday 8. 

all above shows in the theatre. Reserves required. 

aqua show Tuesday 8 & 10:15 only vaxxed, Wednesday 8:30 (v) & 10:30 (all), Thursday same time but all @ 8:30 & vaxxed @ 10:30. 

Phoenix only vaxxed Monday-Saturday, except tuesday @ 10:30. No reservations for this performances. 

going to adult comedy tonight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wingatesl said:

Nassau: complete bust. No alcohol sales anywhere. Atlantis was empty. 

I heard from other cruisers that have stopped at Nassau that hardly anything is open and is very sad how hard the lack of tourism as well as lack of revenue cruises hit that port.      Hopefully things will start to pick up for them.🤩

6 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Speaking of holidays, what is the week in the spring (not spring break) that some NJ schools have off?

I don’t know of any week other than spring break that NJ schools have off in the spring. Some districts still get a week off in February that revolves around Presidents Day. They also get the first Thursday and Friday of November that the whole state public schools are closed for a teachers convention that the majority of teachers don’t attend but I digress. Some districts close the whole week most do not.

Edited by Jerseygirl1416

20 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Speaking of holidays, what is the week in the spring (not spring break) that some NJ schools have off?

Based on the Trenton diocese catholic schools they have the week off after Easter Sunday.  Pre-pandemic I would make family reserves for that week. I have one on Easter ‘22, based on the protocols it does not look good

Edited by nelblu

41 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I heard from other cruisers that have stopped at Nassau that hardly anything is open and is very sad how hard the lack of tourism as well as lack of revenue cruises hit that port.      Hopefully things will start to pick up for them.🤩

Everything is closed because today is their general Election Day. 

• Like 1

Just now, wingatesl said:

Everything is closed because today is their general Election Day. 

Ooooo... well for that island makes sense, but you'd think ..when cruise ships arrive that means more revenue for them. Yes sad that they've been hit so hard with the virus. Wingatesl you've been great giving out information to everyone !

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

My district is closed April 10-18.  The district my grandkids go to is also closed the same time.  This is in Central NJ.  Since Passover begins April 15 and Easter is April 17,  not all, but most will be closed that week.  I've followed this for over 30 years and I recently retired from the local school district. Hope this helps.

• Like 1