MERGED: 2023 Full Schedule Announcement

Reggiefan

That's a timely question since Cunard traditionally announces their Summer/Autumn schedules about now. But that announcement was delayed until November last year and it's possible it will be delayed this year as well. We are also awaiting the announcement of what QM2 will be doing until December 13th for her "initial few voyages to sail closer to home."

For reference, here are the dates Cunard has announced their Summer/Autumn schedules the past few years.

Summer/Autumn voyage schedule announcement dates
2022: November 5, 2020
2021: September 17, 2019 (except QE Alaska)
2020: September 13, 2018 (except QE Alaska)
2019: September 5, 2017 (except QE Alaska)
2018: September 6, 2016

QE Alaska voyage schedule announcement dates
2022: November 5, 2020
2021: December 12, 2019
2020: December 20, 2018
2019: October 23, 2017

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Bluemarble, thank you for your very informative response. One can understand in late 2020 the delay in announcing future voyage dates because 2020 was the first year of the Covid pandemic. Based on the historical data, it seems that the full 2023 schedule should be announced very shortly, perhaps in the next week. But I was wondering whether anyone speaking with a travel agent or Cunard representative has any additional information on what the date might be.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure why the delay, but it appears that the announcing of the 2023 schedule is four to five weeks away. The current status of the Covid pandemic should have little bearing on a 2023 schedule. But for whatever reason, Cunard is waiting to disclose its full 2023 schedule.

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing, and probably won't be until P&O have opened theirs on the 9th (being the same parent company, same UK call centre and there appears to be people transferring cruises / using up FCC).   Frustrating, as would like to see QM2's itineraries before I commit to a little extra with P&O.

1 hour ago, 0493669935 said:

I just contacted my PCS at Cunard to make enquiries about a 2023 transatlantic voyage and was told the following "The 2023 release is going to be done next year. We have no date at this time......"

If they wait till next year then a lot of people will  book on other lines. Only people with FCC and die hard Cunard fans will be left. But that may be enough. 

With the late release of 2023 programme we shall not be booking any cruises with Cunard at all for that year and I am sure I will not be the only one especially as they have stopped selling FCD's.

Edited by majortom10

2 hours ago, 0493669935 said:

I just contacted my PCS at Cunard to make enquiries about a 2023 transatlantic voyage and was told the following "The 2023 release is going to be done next year. We have no date at this time......"

When was this translatlantic you asked for?

Maybe they release summer 2023 this November and fall/winter 23/24 early next year.

6 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

When was this translatlantic you asked for?

Maybe they release summer 2023 this November and fall/winter 23/24 early next year.

It was a general question  "Could you advise when the 2023 Transatlantic voyages will be available?" I received the above response.

23 minutes ago, showingdiva said:

I've just had a reply from Cunard to confirm the release of Summer 2023  will "likely now be early next year".  I wonder if it being held to coincide with the new ship?

If so, then it could be cost effective for many to take a short QM in January 2022 to book all their 2023/4 cruises.  5% release booking discount, Cunard Fare OBC, Future Cruise book onboard OBC etc.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Cunard fare

• Host Hattie changed the title to MERGED: 2023 Full Schedule Announcement
10 minutes ago, Reggiefan said:

This should be happening very shortly, perhaps in the next week. Has anyone heard anything?

I've merged the threads on this subject, recent posts suggest the announcement has been delayed until next year.

We can only wait and see. 

I wonder how many people are like us. Book cruises well in advance then plan other holidays around cruises, we may end up planning cruises around other holidays.  

It seems strange that in response to the pandemic many other cruise lines are tempting people with 2023 or even 2024 schedules before now. However given the rescheduled 2022 cruises Cunard perhaps couldn't handle a 2023 launch at same time. 

Carnival UK who deal with both Cunard and P&O are very short of call handlers that is why the response by phone for Customer Services is appalling and has been for some time. During Covid Carnival UK made over 400 redundancies from the staff at head office in Southampton. They are apparently currently training new staff to be call handlers as we speak and as the same call handlers deal with P&O and Cunard  bookings and P&O have already announced their release of 2023 Summer they have not got the capacity to do Cunard 2023 Summer release at the same time.

5 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

If it's logistics and call handlers causing blockages,  then perhaps they could restrict telephone  bookings. Online or via TA (Who have their own online systems) only.

That is then punishing people who want to book direct and do not have online capability so have to rely on booking by phone.