Everything.. Norwegian Viva/Prima class #2

FreestyleNovice

Just now, macewank said:

Yeah I called the main number and my pcc. Both said "it's not available check back tomorrow" which doesn't make a lick of sense since yesterday was day 120 when they were supposed to go up. 

Haven and higher tier latitudes get earlier booking dates so I'm guessing they gobbled all of them up. 

You are confusing other reservations like dining, with Vibe.  Vibe is available, generally speaking, as soon as you book.  With Viva, it took a while for NCL to make them available, but once they did there was no "not available till 120 days" limitation.   I have ours reserved for the Dec 22 cruise and I had it reserved for the Dec 13 cruise before I moved my reservation to Dec 22.  I had the Dec 13 cruise Vibe booked since June.  See picture.  

June 8th cruise was a bit of an after thought and I suspect heavily oriented to TAs and VIPs.  It wouldn't surprise me if Vibe is reserved for some group.  That being said, I'd keep trying.
image.png.d01c794e83096ab5f6799311c1d78364.png

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Pretty sure that is not the case, there have been no reports that they hold Vibe passes for onboard.  

Until very recently, Vibe passes could ONLY be purchased at a certain location on board and then only 100 passes were sold.  Remember all the postings of people wanted on know where to buy and planning to racee to that location??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, www3traveler said:

Until very recently, Vibe passes could ONLY be purchased at a certain location on board and then only 100 passes were sold.  Remember all the postings of people wanted on know where to buy and planning to racee to that location??

It's been about a year that they have been selling Vibe in advance.  Started in July 2022, IIRC.

50 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

You are confusing other reservations like dining, with Vibe.  Vibe is available, generally speaking, as soon as you book.  With Viva, it took a while for NCL to make them available, but once they did there was no "not available till 120 days" limitation.   I have ours reserved for the Dec 22 cruise and I had it reserved for the Dec 13 cruise before I moved my reservation to Dec 22.  I had the Dec 13 cruise Vibe booked since June.  See picture.  

June 8th cruise was a bit of an after thought and I suspect heavily oriented to TAs and VIPs.  It wouldn't surprise me if Vibe is reserved for some group.  That being said, I'd keep trying.
image.png.d01c794e83096ab5f6799311c1d78364.png

It's always told me to check back August 8th in the app and the site. 

11 minutes ago, macewank said:

Obviously, I don't know what you saw, but I still suspect confusion of dining with Vibe.  I know the ap right now would let me buy and I'm at 128 days and I have no status.

5 hours ago, macewank said:

Went to book my Vibe passes for the Dec 8 sailing and they were sold out before they ever went on sale (assuming this is latitudes status related. I'm only silver). Looks like only having 2 US sailings made this a popular trip. 

Wooooof! Crossing my fingers I'll be able to snag a pass before we sail

You can book Vibe as soon as you book the cruise, so you probably just missed it and they sold out. They don’t go on sale on a specific date. Unfortunately, they don’t hold any for on board, but if you really want it, just check back daily. People cancel all the time, and we got them for our last cruise this way by just getting lucky one day.

1 hour ago, macewank said:

This is a known system glitch, and usually if you click on it, it’ll let you purchase. If not, you can chat with them and have them add it (if they’re available).

4 hours ago, www3traveler said:

I guess we have different meanings of the term very recently.   We were on the Prima repo cruise last October that went from Galveston to Miami for 11 days and were able to buy our Vibe passes well over 6 months out.  So that policy has been in effect for at least 16 months.  Did it again on our Feb/March B2B, so we had Vibe for 25 days.

20 hours ago, sjacobs11 said:

This is what it says for ICONS:

A concert experience featuring the songs of musical legends (icons) from the last six decades. From Dolly to Gaga, our cast of vocalists and orchestra will pay tribute to the music these legendary artists created by collectively showcasing hits that everyone can sing along to.

Available beginning 9/20/2023

and SYD'S:

Sing along to your favorite hits as you sip on specialty cocktails at Syd Norman’s Pour House. The interactive experience and rollicking house band will take you back to rock’s glory days.

Available beginning 10/9/2023

According to one of the entertainers on Viva today(saw a post on another website), Syd's is listed on the Freestyle daily for tonight. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

On the NCL agent booking system, today they add Norwegian Aqua on the ship list. It is likely to be the name of Leonardo Class Ship #3.

Would be nice to have an inkling as to when in 2025 she will be debuting.  And which port in FLA she'll be home porting from.

51 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Anyone knows if Viva will dock in Messina today/tomorrow or just passing the Strait?

AIS, per marinetraffic.com, indicates Messina is her next port. 20:30 local time is the ETA...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

We (Reflection) seem to depart 20:00, all aboard 19:30, setting course for Napels so hope to see a glimpse of her. Thanks @hallux!

So much for that plan to stop at Messina.  Viva is thru the straight and didn't stop.  Chasing you - Maybe with a good zoom you can see her aft.Next stop per Cruisemapper is Salerno Italy.  She looks to be about 30-40 miles behind you.

9 hours ago, RVACruiser43 said:

So much for that plan to stop at Messina.  Viva is thru the straight and didn't stop.  Chasing you - Maybe with a good zoom you can see her aft.Next stop per Cruisemapper is Salerno Italy.  She looks to be about 30-40 miles behind you.

Thanks! Missed her by 10NM near dawn, at the horizon.

edit: she docked at Salerno, south of Naples. Won’t be seeing her again I guess as we disembark in Rome tomorrow.

Edited by FreestyleNovice
  • Like 3

On 8/11/2023 at 2:36 AM, Cruise Wonderland said:

On the NCL agent booking system, today they add Norwegian Aqua on the ship list. It is likely to be the name of Leonardo Class Ship #3.

Interesting.. I had heard the 3rd was going to be Bella.