CAPTAIN'S TABLE

HLN500

We did it twice.  We will be very careful next time we accept an invitation.  The first time was in a private dining room at Murano. The officer was engaged with the guests and very interesting.   It was absolutely delightful. Wonderful conversations, amazing dinner.

The second time was awful.  It was in the dining room that served Asian food.  The food was preordered and served family style.   We had the feeling the officer was just doing their job and not interested at all.  The food was more of an appetizer style for dinner. We wished we had stayed in Lumanae for the evening.  

I don't know if Celebrity has restarted the dinner with officers. We are cruising next month out of Seattle. Our friends are doing the Chef's Table. When it comes to covid. I don't see much difference between Chef's Table and dining with a officer. Chef's Table is not free. We have dined with officer's once at Tuscan Grille years ago now. We were invited by the Captain's Club hostess. We were booked a sky suite. Another couple it was their 1st cruise with Celebrity. There was not a charge.

Edited by bigbenboys
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Solstice in the South Pacific when the global cruise suspension was initiated.  We left the Solstice on March 20th and were able to fly to Honolulu that day.  

There definitely were some covid protocols being initiated.  Another passenger told me that he had wanted to take the "Behind the Scenes" tour but it was cancelled due to concerns about covid exposure to crew.  We are also Zenith, and a Zenith lunch was held in Murano.  Two couples had their Zenith celebrations on that cruise and all the Zeniths were invited to the bridge, but it was a quick photo of the couples and the cake (one cake for both couples).  In any event, I wonder if there is possibly concern about covid exposure to certain staff and crew, such as the captain, staff captain, and safety officer.  

No Zenith lunch on Equinox and no Galley Tours.    My understanding is that they will not be holding them for now due to possibility of close contact.   

We did have a Upper Level CC officer toast and Top Cruiser presented.    For safety they did not call up all the Zenith's like pre-covid, just top cruiser.

I'm proud of Celebrity's attention to keeping us all safe.