Capt Club Apex contest

HskrCrsr

3 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

Celebrity has a new loyalty contest. Post to social media for a chance at a 2-night cruise on Apex

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/exclusive-offers/loyalty-contest

Good luck to those who choose to participate.

No good for UK passport holders, we are not allowed into the USA.

Now, hopefully they will offer similar for Beyond prior to her first cruise from Southampton on 27/04/22.

45 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

No good for UK passport holders, we are not allowed into the USA.

Now, hopefully they will offer similar for Beyond prior to her first cruise from Southampton on 27/04/22.

We are allowed to fly to the US, but DW and I won't be travelling to Fort Lauderdale next month or any other time soon. Our next cruise out of Port Everglades isn't for another six months, and even that isn't a sure thing yet.

As of 8:30am eastern on Instagram there are about 50 posts - about probably about another 50 between facebook and twitter.

They are giving away 10 cabins - what is interesting is that many of these entries will be disqualified as it is clear people didn't read the fine print : ) 

15 hours ago, Fouremco said:

We are allowed to fly to the US, but DW and I won't be travelling to Fort Lauderdale next month or any other time soon. Our next cruise out of Port Everglades isn't for another six months, and even that isn't a sure thing yet.

We feel the same way. Fortunately, we had no cruises booked for 2021 or 2022. Hopefully we’ll be sailing somewhere in 2023. Fingers crossed.

45 minutes ago, pl281 said:

As of 8:30am eastern on Instagram there are about 50 posts - about probably about another 50 between facebook and twitter.

They are giving away 10 cabins - what is interesting is that many of these entries will be disqualified as it is clear people didn't read the fine print : ) 

What are they missing?

Please be sure to read the entire "Official Rules" page before posting.  Otherwise, your posts may be disqualified.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/exclusive-offers/loyalty-contest

For example, if someone other than/is in the picture with the entrant, the entry will be disqualified.  See the second point under "Content Restrictions."

I just want to prevent anyone from wasting time when entering.

Good luck to all who are entering!

Edited by amevola
clarifying the title - added website for contest

• amevola changed the title to Apex Contest - Read ALL official rules before posting entries

It would be a cool contest to win, but I won't be entering. I did a quick check of what it would cost and for me & DW to fly down from Canada and a night in a hotel would cost me as much if not more than the value of the 2 night cruise. Now, if it included airfare or even subsidized the airfare then I'd enter.  

23 minutes ago, cdn_tbird said:

It would be a cool contest to win, but I won't be entering. I did a quick check of what it would cost and for me & DW to fly down from Canada and a night in a hotel would cost me as much if not more than the value of the 2 night cruise. Now, if it included airfare or even subsidized the airfare then I'd enter.  

My post was not not meant to dissuade CC members from entering.  It was meant to help them enter with correctly completed entries.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Seems only of value to those within easy driving range of the pier, or already in the area for other reasons.

We get off the Summit the day before and I would love to do this. However, Halloween is a HUGE event on our street. Certainly DH would understand if we won a free cruise. 

2 hours ago, amevola said:

My post was not not meant to dissuade CC members from entering.  It was meant to help them enter with correctly completed entries.

I was just pointing out that for some Celebrity fans, myself included, the cost to claim the prize should we win will outweigh the cost of the prize itself. 

5 hours ago, pl281 said:

How can you see the entries?

11 hours ago, pl281 said:

@canderson

They are providing transportation to FLL - so it's more so people that have flexible schedules

According to the official rules, they are not providing transportation. Here are copy & pastes

Winner and travel companion are each solely responsible for any and all costs, other than those specifically stated in these Official Rules, that may be incurred or arise as a result of being awarded a Prize. Such costs may include, but are not limited to all federal, state, local, or other government or quasi-governmental taxes and fees, travel to and from the cruise terminal in Hollywood, Florida

Nowhere in the prize description does it state that travel is included:

8. Prize: Ten prizes will be awarded. The prize is a two (2) night Inaugural Caribbean sailing for Winner and one (1) travel companion onboard Celebrity Apex in a double-occupancy Infinite Veranda stateroom (the “Prize”). Winner must be available to sail on October 31, 2021 (or another date determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Terms and conditions of Inaugural Sailing apply. ARV: $900.00 USD [Total ARV: $ 9,000.00]. Odds of winning dependent on number of eligible Entries received.

5 minutes ago, fordpickup said:

I can't quite figure out the rules. Do you have to be in the photo? Can there be unrecognizable people in the background or literally no other people in sight?

No need to be included in the photo, but you are the only one allowed to be in it. How strict they would be if there was someone in the background at such a distance as to be unrecognizable remains to be seen, but the rules do prohibit it.

Just now, Fouremco said:

No need to be included in the photo, but you are the only one allowed to be in it. How strict they would be if there was someone in the background at such a distance as to be unrecognizable remains to be seen, but the rules do prohibit it.

Now I really wish I would have asked everyone to leave the pool deck when I took photos. Hindsight really is 20/20 😂

• Haha 3