Since Grand Cayman is a no go…

CTKath

What are everyone’s thoughts on what will replace it and when are they going to inform us?  I am on a Western Caribbean cruise that is supposed to stop in GC.  I don’t see it stopping anywhere in the Eastern Caribbean as a make up port.  Anyone?  

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Costa Maya was replaced by a sea day on our October cruise. Probably do the same with Grand Cayman.

curious why they replaced Costa Maya?  I am also guessing they will just add a sea day, which makes for very few ports on a 7 day cruise.  I will be happy just to be sailing, but some people really enjoy the port days

We are booked on a 4 night GC cruise in November...GC was to be our only stop.  This is a ladies weekend cruise celebrating a 70th birthday.  Id be fine with a 100 percent sea day cruise.  Heck, anything at long as it's not cancelled.  We've been planning this for a year and a half.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 2:57 PM, JennAngel9 said:

I'm curious about this also.  We are still showing that we will make port in Grand Cayman on our November cruise on the way to the ABC islands.

My son is on the Oct 8 Equinox ABC and they changed Grand Cayman to Nassau.  Heard this is a common substitute.

• Like 1

Key West is another big question-mark, despite the law that the city is now working to work-around.  

Seems that nobody wants to be the first cruise company to go against the wishes of the locals, despite what's legal. 

I just checked the Key West port schedule and there are zero cruise ships from RC or Celebrity scheduled to dock there.  My guess is RC and Celebrity are negotiating docking times/days and this is one of the reasons for delaying check in for my November 20th Reflection cruise.   

1 hour ago, Saturngrl said:

I just checked the Key West port schedule and there are zero cruise ships from RC or Celebrity scheduled to dock there.  My guess is RC and Celebrity are negotiating docking times/days and this is one of the reasons for delaying check in for my November 20th Reflection cruise.   

It's so hard to tell what's an "official AND current" calendar/schedule these days

9 minutes ago, D C said:

It's so hard to tell what's an "official AND current" calendar/schedule these days

and even IF there is a "schedule" it can change in a NY minute.  Besides, Key West does not want ships there, I hope their vote is respected.

50 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

and even IF there is a "schedule" it can change in a NY minute.  Besides, Key West does not want ships there, I hope their vote is respected.

State of Florida overruled Key West... I suspect residents won't be super happy but if tourists actually spend money the business community might be pleased. Apparently one reason for voting against ships was that passengers don't spend much...except at the bars..

8 minutes ago, kearney said:

State of Florida overruled Key West... I suspect residents won't be super happy but if tourists actually spend money the business community might be pleased. Apparently one reason for voting against ships was that passengers don't spend much...except at the bars..

if cruise ships do not stop there, they will survive and most likely be happier with the bar guests not staggering back to the ship.  🙂  Seriously, I just feel like if folks who live there, made a vote, whether one agrees with it or not, it should be respected.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Saturngrl said:

We are on the Reflection December 4th sailing.  Waiting to see what happens with Key West.  We've only been there once before and really enjoyed walking around the town.  Was planning to ride the Conch Train if it is not over crowded. 

On our last trip to Grand Cayman we had arranged a semi-private tour and there were supposed to be us and one other couple on the tour.   We made it ashore, contacted our guide and proceeded to wait another hour for the 2nd couple of join us.  When our guide was unable to contact them she made the decision to go ahead with just us.  

About 45 minutes into our tour of the island the guide gets a call from the other couple wondering where she was.  They explained that they were late getting off the ship because they had waited for the rain to stop.  Long story short - they never caught up with us and she would not go back for them as it would  mean missing one of the stops we were scheduled to visit.