Recent Panorama cruisers

modes

I have been following the recent Panorama cruises since we leave on Saturday for three weeks on board. With the itinerary changes the ship is not scheduled to dock until 9 am at least through the October 9th sailing. I remember one person reporting that they were in an early group and on the way to LGB at about 10:20.

6 minutes ago, snowballs mom said:

I have been following the recent Panorama cruises since we leave on Saturday for three weeks on board. With the itinerary changes the ship is not scheduled to dock until 9 am at least through the October 9th sailing. I remember one person reporting that they were in an early group and on the way to LGB at about 10:20.

I’m on Oct. 30 and got the email about the slower speed.

6 minutes ago, snowballs mom said:

• Like 1

I would definitely change that. I debarked on 9/11 and our all clear and last call was right before 10:00am, but it seems that we were an anomaly and the only cruise since restart to have such a timely debark. The cruise that came in on 9/4 (my embark day) was late in debarking, and the cruise sailing on 9/11 was not scheduled to dock until 9:00am, and it takes a while to get clearance to start debark after docking. I would definitely change that flight!

I just printed my paperwork after checking for the October 9th cruise and it says the arrival time on October 16th in Long Beach is 9am!  We changed our SWA flights from the 10:40 am flight back to SLC

to later in the after noon.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 11:23 AM, modes said:

Can you tell me what time debarking started with the reduced speed the panorama has . I have a 1040 flight out of Long Beach and I’m wondering if I should change it to 1250. Thanks

I'm on the Oct 23 sailing and we were told 9:00 AM

3 hours ago, klfhngr said:

Good Luck, I really mean it! We also had debark paperwork in our cabin the night before  arriving back at the Port. (Panorama Sep 11th cruise ended on September 18th).

It stated debark would begin at 8:00am .

We were in a Balcony cabin on Deck 7, if that makes any difference.

We woke early and by 8:00 we still hadn’t even docked. We were in the Harbor though.  

Suites and folks who had medical issues were allowed off first. We chose to self-disembark. We stayed in our cabin till 9:30 (cut off point to get out🙂). Then we just waited by the elevators on our Deck, till our Muster Station Number was called by CD Lee Mason.  

We walked off the ship at 11:15-ish. Went through the line in customs. In our car ready to drive home (to Pasadena) about 15 minutes later.

Absolutely terrible traffic the whole way home … ugh … got home after 1:00pm.  🚗🚕🚙🚌🚙🚕🚗😳😳

Back to the Ship ……

As we got off the elevator to disembark at Deck 4, we saw all the folks in the Military Bar and elsewhere waiting to get their Muster Station Number called to get off the ship.

IMPORTANT: As CD Lee had to announce several times over the P.A. ….

“ Friends, DON’T GO TO YOUR MUSTER STATION,  WHEN YOU ARE CALLED ……go to Deck 4. ONLY when your number is called.”

“ Guests will be leaving the Port in Cars etc and NOT BY BOAT!”  So, please don’t go to the Muster Station Lifeboats! 
He kept his cool, but his voice was all business.  My husband and I just listened thinking it had to be super stressful for the CD and the Staff.

He announced this more than once. He also had to urge people not to congregate on Deck 4. It was clogging the area!!

He announced one time (as we’re STILL alone waiting on Deck 7 by elevators) that debarking was stopped  due to congestion & confusion there on Deck 4!  🙄🙄

PEOPLE, good gawd, where are your brains??  “Friends” also contributed to the very, very slow debark process. It wasn’t just mechanical issues of the ship. 

🛳🛳
Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Definitely change.  I think the 9/11 debarkation was an anomaly because they skipped Cabo due to hurricane.  We boarded that day by 11 am but the following week when we debarked it was way later.  We originally had an early flight like you but changed to 12:30.  Thank goodness, we would have never made the before 11am flight. 

And we were platinum so were one of the first ones off the ship - approx 10:15-10:30.  

Edited by Colorado Beach Bum

On 9/28/2021 at 7:34 PM, Markmom18 said:

Good Luck, I really mean it! We also had debark paperwork in our cabin the night before  arriving back at the Port. (Panorama Sep 11th cruise ended on September 18th).

It stated debark would begin at 8:00am .

We were in a Balcony cabin on Deck 7, if that makes any difference.

We woke early and by 8:00 we still hadn’t even docked. We were in the Harbor though.  

Suites and folks who had medical issues were allowed off first. We chose to self-disembark. We stayed in our cabin till 9:30 (cut off point to get out🙂). Then we just waited by the elevators on our Deck, till our Muster Station Number was called by CD Lee Mason.  

We walked off the ship at 11:15-ish. Went through the line in customs. In our car ready to drive home (to Pasadena) about 15 minutes later.

Absolutely terrible traffic the whole way home … ugh … got home after 1:00pm.  🚗🚕🚙🚌🚙🚕🚗😳😳

Back to the Ship ……

As we got off the elevator to disembark at Deck 4, we saw all the folks in the Military Bar and elsewhere waiting to get their Muster Station Number called to get off the ship.

IMPORTANT: As CD Lee had to announce several times over the P.A. ….

“ Friends, DON’T GO TO YOUR MUSTER STATION,  WHEN YOU ARE CALLED ……go to Deck 4. ONLY when your number is called.”

“ Guests will be leaving the Port in Cars etc and NOT BY BOAT!”  So, please don’t go to the Muster Station Lifeboats! 
He kept his cool, but his voice was all business.  My husband and I just listened thinking it had to be super stressful for the CD and the Staff.

He announced this more than once. He also had to urge people not to congregate on Deck 4. It was clogging the area!!

He announced one time (as we’re STILL alone waiting on Deck 7 by elevators) that debarking was stopped  due to congestion & confusion there on Deck 4!  🙄🙄

PEOPLE, good gawd, where are your brains??  “Friends” also contributed to the very, very slow debark process. It wasn’t just mechanical issues of the ship. 

🛳🛳
Bobbi 

I was on that cruise and thought the same thing! 🤣 We didn't get off until about 12:15 and we were #9. Once off things were smooth though.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 3:55 PM, klfhngr said:

Scheduled time you arrive in port is different than the earliest debark time.  We arrived in port at 9, but the earliest anyone got off was 9:25. We were in the first group called who wasn't carrying off all our luggage and were off the ship and in the parking garage about 11.  

3 hours ago, Melcoug said:

Scheduled time you arrive in port is different than the earliest debark time.  We arrived in port at 9, but the earliest anyone got off was 9:25. We were in the first group called who wasn't carrying off all our luggage and were off the ship and in the parking garage about 11.  

Yup, I get that.

On 9/23/2021 at 11:23 AM, modes said:

Can you tell me what time debarking started with the reduced speed the panorama has . I have a 1040 flight out of Long Beach and I’m wondering if I should change it to 1250. Thanks

The girls want to know: which of the formal nights is the most formal?

Edited by klfhngr
Typo

28 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

Neither is more formal than the other nor are they really that formal period. There were guys in gym shirts and tennis shoes in the MDR. It is nothing like days of old and women wore a variety of clothing..... nobody cared what you wore. 

Can a recent Panorama cruiser answer: What themed parties do they currently have? Is there a 70/80s, or white party, or glow party? Any parties? Not certain cuz of Covid. Again, the girls are asking so that they can dress accordingly.

22 hours ago, klfhngr said:

You know 7 years ago Carnival changed formal to elegant night in recognition of a more relaxed approached to dressing for dinner on their ships. In our experience, and looking at this logically, I'd say the first elegant night is more elegant. People new to Carnival, or cruising in general, will dress up the first time at bat. After seeing the baseball caps and other stuff passing for elegant in the MDR that first elegant night many people dress down some for the second elegant night. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

Can a recent Panorama cruiser answer: What themed parties do they currently have? Is there a 70/80s, or white party, or glow party? Any parties? Not certain cuz of Covid. Again, the girls are asking so that they can dress accordingly.

Panorama – 80’s Rock N’ Glow, Mega Deck Party, and a White Party

The 80's party draws the most people in my experience.
Edited by sanmarcosman

4 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Panorama – 80’s Rock N’ Glow, Mega Deck Party, and a White Party

The 80's party draws the most people in my experience.

Do you recall on which nights?! Sorry for the questions!

On 10/4/2021 at 2:48 PM, klfhngr said:

Do you recall on which nights?! Sorry for the questions!

Our ship did the reverse itinerary with a PV stop first. 80s was on Monday and a lot of people did dress up.  White party was Wednesday. First elegant on Sunday with the second on Thursday. 

• Like 1