Flights by Celebrity

zanderblue

Looking at our flights for our cruise next March. Celebrity flights are pricing up significantly cheaper than I can buy from airline direct. However, I have a trip voucher with the airline from a previously cancelled flight, I don’t suppose there is any mechanism to be able to use the voucher??

TIA

I also learned that as Celebrity Flights uses contracted "bulk" fares, many of the amenities you may have earned (free ugrades, etc.) may not be available to you. Rather than take a chance, I found a fare within $60 of the Celebrity fare. 

27 minutes ago, molemaui said:

I also learned that as Celebrity Flights uses contracted "bulk" fares, many of the amenities you may have earned (free ugrades, etc.) may not be available to you. Rather than take a chance, I found a fare within $60 of the Celebrity fare. 

When I booked my upcoming cruise for November I checked Flights by Celebrity also the cost booking direct with the airline. Booking with the  airline was $60 cheaper RT at the time.  This is not always the case though so best to do some research first. 

20 minutes ago, sunsetme said:

I booked one way with celebrity and used vouchers I had for the return, this was a domestic fare.

We did the same, booked one way with Celebrity and used vouchers for the return. Our vouchers were from the cancelled roundtrip flights, so we upgraded our return flights and used the entire amount of the vouchers.

I have a $250 voucher from Air Canada.

I booked my flights for my cruises next August (August 5 RCCL Vision RT from Barcelona and August 19 Summit Reykjavik to Boston) through RCCL/Celebrity Choice Air...At least, so far two-thirds of it...I'll book Boston to LAX later.

They put my on Air Canada LAX-TOR-BCN...

I'm paying $984 pp...

I COULD have booked the LAX-TOR-BCN directly with Air Canada...but it would have cost just over $1100 pp...So, a bit over $2200...but I could have used my voucher...So I would have only paid around $2000 for two...and, then, I'd have to buy the BCN-Reykjavik fares separately...

But, instead, I may never use that voucher...but I have both of those legs for about the same price!!!

I AM going to call Air Canada and ask if they'll let me use that voucher to pre-reserve seat assignments...

32 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

I have a $250 voucher from Air Canada.

I booked my flights for my cruises next August (August 5 RCCL Vision RT from Barcelona and August 19 Summit Reykjavik to Boston) through RCCL/Celebrity Choice Air...At least, so far two-thirds of it...I'll book Boston to LAX later.

They put my on Air Canada LAX-TOR-BCN...

I'm paying $984 pp...

I COULD have booked the LAX-TOR-BCN directly with Air Canada...but it would have cost just over $1100 pp...So, a bit over $2200...but I could have used my voucher...So I would have only paid around $2000 for two...and, then, I'd have to buy the BCN-Reykjavik fares separately...

But, instead, I may never use that voucher...but I have both of those legs for about the same price!!!

I AM going to call Air Canada and ask if they'll let me use that voucher to pre-reserve seat assignments...

Huh??

1 hour ago, canderson said:

As noted above, though not in the parlance of the industry, is that X offers "consolidator fares".  Where these tend to shine brightest is on one way trans-Atlantic flights.  If you have a TA cruise planned, it's well worth checking with them.

@candersonThank you!  That's good to know.  We have a TA cruise booked for Oct 2022 and will definitely check with Celebrity Flights.

1 hour ago, EmQ-CA said:

@candersonThank you!  That's good to know.  We have a TA cruise booked for Oct 2022 and will definitely check with Celebrity Flights.

Will you be joining us from Barcelona on Reflection?

Will need to wait until the usual 330 days out or so before they'll have any info on flights.

Ah - and a warning.  If you use the web site to browse for flights, do NOT assume that what you see is all that is available.  Ring them up and you'll find they can offer to you all kinds of options that the web site, for whatever reason, does not bring up.

10 hours ago, molemaui said:

We recently used Celebrity Air and it worked out ok for us.
Be sure you book exactly what you want as trying to upgrade or change flights with these bulk fares isn't going to be something you can do - at least that is what we found.  We booked a connector for our return and found ourselves at the airport early and tried to change to a direct flight.  Even same day, they told us no way unless we paid full fare.

8 hours ago, canderson said:

Ah - and a warning.  If you use the web site to browse for flights, do NOT assume that what you see is all that is available.  Ring them up and you'll find they can offer to you all kinds of options that the web site, for whatever reason, does not bring up.

I do my homework re preferred flights/airline.  FBC quoted me a price which was higher than booking directly with the airline.  They couldn't give it to me at the time.  I called a week later, told them the airline reduced the fare,  and they matched the reduced airline price.  Go figure.

20 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I do my homework re preferred flights/airline.  FBC quoted me a price which was higher than booking directly with the airline.  They couldn't give it to me at the time.  I called a week later, told them the airline reduced the fare,  and they matched the reduced airline price.  Go figure.

Was wondering if one books FBC and the cruise gets canceled do they also refund airfare?  Someone said they only refund if you have booked refundable option but perhaps someone on this thread would know for sure. 

one problem I had was the airline changed the schedule and didn't work for me, Celebrity gave me a hard time to reschedule the flight. The had to request the change from the airline and said if they didnt agree I would have to pay some ridiculous fee for the change. I would be wary of Celebrity air in the future.

2 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Was wondering if one books FBC and the cruise gets canceled do they also refund airfare?  Someone said they only refund if you have booked refundable option but perhaps someone on this thread would know for sure. 

Good question.  I also wondered if the cruise was cancelled AFTER final payment...who refunds the air...X or the airline.  The airline has received the $$s at cruise final payment and provides a booking reference, so I'm assuming they would refund OR insist on a credit?

2 minutes ago, sunsetme said:

one problem I had was the airline changed the schedule and didn't work for me, Celebrity gave me a hard time to reschedule the flight. The had to request the change from the airline and said if they didnt agree I would have to pay some ridiculous fee for the change. I would be wary of Celebrity air in the future.

Did you get the rescheduled flight at the $$s you paid...and was it after final payment?

6 hours ago, hasentreelake said:

We recently used Celebrity Air and it worked out ok for us.
Be sure you book exactly what you want as trying to upgrade or change flights with these bulk fares isn't going to be something you can do - at least that is what we found.  We booked a connector for our return and found ourselves at the airport early and tried to change to a direct flight.  Even same day, they told us no way unless we paid full fare.

What airlines?  Based on our experience, you would not have had that problem with AA.

35 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I've had several cruises cancelled by X in the last 18 months and X ate the air for all of them.