Majestic Princess Questions/Opinions Please

3kidsncats

Hey Everyone,

I just booked a last minute ( we leave in just over a week) surprise 3 nighter for the hubby’s birthday on Majestic.  And I am cramming in the research, since we’ve only sailed on the Ruby Princess previously with this cruise line.  I am specifically interested in any info regarding pricing, experience quality, etc, post covid.  I’ve been reviewing the various “live froms” but not yet found the info I’m looking for related to post covid. I can’t access ANY specialty dining on the Ocean Medallion App - no idea if advance bookings are sold out or if the app is just not working (which seems likely).

1.  Winemakers Dinner. —cost, menu, feedback.  

2. Chef’s Table — I believe its $115pp, menu and feedback for recent sailings.  (Trying to decide if I will try to book either of these dinners asap upon boarding)

3.  English Afternoon Tea — current cost, where do you book it?  What makes it better than the complimentary version in the MDR?

4. Enclave Lotus Spa — I already booked this, since the couple’s pricing is only $16.50pp, pd.  We may not even get off the ship, so spa and pool time are on the agenda.  Since I have the pricing already, just interested in any comments, photos, etc.  Hard to come by online for this ship.

Thanks for all input — and I’ll continue my discreet research in the mean time (fyi, it is SOOOO much harder to plan surprise travel post Covid - I keep having to delete covid test related emails off his phone when he isn’t looking, lmao)

I would be surprised if Princess schedules a winemakers dinner or Chef’s table for this 3 day sailing or any 3 day sailing, just too short a cruise.

With the Majestic being a ‘Royal’ class ship, I only remember the up charge ‘tea’ was called ‘Royal’ tea? I think the main difference was it included a glass of bubbly? I think I remember one of the first Majestic Alaska sailings, someone posted a picture of a cabinet like pice of furniture with little cubby hole ‘boxes’? This is where picture used to display the different ‘teas’ offered. If I remember correctly, the ‘Royal Tea’ has also been discontinued/not offered due to operational/covid?

I think you should be able to find pictures of the ‘enclave’ on YouTube, as the Majestic is a sister ship to the Royal, Regal, Sky and I believe the enclaves are very similar on all of these ships. It mostly consists of a small pool with a therapy ‘jet’, think of a large water faucet, some heated stone beds, I think they also have beds with a type of ‘waterbed topper’ along with some aromatherapy steam and sauna rooms. The entire area is co-ed.

If you check out the latest ‘live from’ for the Majestic sailing being the last Alaska sailing the poster listed ‘all’ of the previous ‘live from Majestic’ threads and I believe menus and pictures of chef table and winemakers dinners were included, but almost certain they will not be offered for your 3 day sailing, but you might be interested for possible longer sailing on Princess.

• Like 1

I didn't see any sign of an English Afternoon Tea onboard the Majestic last month.  I am pretty sure that they will not do both Chef's Table and Winemaker's Dinner in a 3 day cruise; might not even do one, but someone here might know if they have done it in the past on such a short cruise.  

We loved our cruise in August, but you have to go into it knowing that it will be different than Pre-COVID.

Just off a 7 day Alaskan cruise on Majestic. We attended afternoon tea in the main dining room....IMO, it was nothing special. They poured some tea and served us some cute little (admittedly, tasty) sandwiches. Having never attended afternoon tea pre-Covid, I can't say how it compares, but I would have been just as happy to order a pot of tea and some sandwiches/snacks to our cabin through the app. If you really want the Chef's Luminere table, you'll need to call the DINE line as soon as you hit your cabin (or just grab a random public phone on any deck and call as it fills up fast!) We got in to the Wine Maker's dinner last minute as the host recognized us from a previous cruise 4 years ago (I'm still trying to wrap my brain around how he recognized us 4 years later!) It was $40 US per person. The wines were good, the food was okay. They don't generally accommodate for food allergies/intolerances so we got lucky thanks to our connection as he was able to make some changes for me. Our menu was seafood chowder (they subbed pea soup for me as I can't have cheese/cream), cheese potato gnocchi (regular potato gnocchi for me - tasty but I didn't love the texture), and then a beef fillet with fois gras for the entree. Tasty meal, enjoyed chatting with the other people in attendance, and Neville, the host, gives incredible speeches, so the ambiance and experience is definitely great value at $40 USD/per person. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 3kidsncats said:

4. Enclave Lotus Spa — I already booked this, since the couple’s pricing is only $16.50pp, pd.  We may not even get off the ship, so spa and pool time are on the agenda.  Since I have the pricing already, just interested in any comments, photos, etc.  Hard to come by online for this ship.

I'm on the same cruise and have done EXTENSIVE research on the Enclave as I have mostly cruised on Grand Class ships plus the Island Princess and LOVE the Thermal Suite. From all I have found out it has a lot of the same features as the standard Thermal Suites on the other ships but with slight differences and different names and it has an added bonus of a "Thalassotherapy" pool which is warmer than a normal pool but not as hot as a hot tub and is usually salt water (but I'm not totally sure if this is the case on the Majestic). I found some good pics and a few good videos that convinced me I'd enjoy the Enclave just as much as the Thermal Suite I'm used to. Scott Singer Cruises was on the Majestic a few weeks ago and got good video of the Enclave. I'll see if I can find the video on youtube and post a link.  From everything I've read on the "Live from" threads people have not found the space crowded or difficult to access. I for one am not even getting off the ship on this little 3-day and plan to be in the spa or at the pool as much as possible.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I'd like to know how you are going to get him to stick a Q-tip up his nose without him being aware of this test.

Lol, I’m going to tell him the venue we are going to requires a negative test (LA county has increasing requirements, so doubt he will think twice about it). He is aware we are doing so,etching, just doesn’t know what.  He took me on a six hour drive up to see the kids a few months back — and I had to wear a blindfold the whole time.  Now it’s his turn, lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

Scott Singer Cruises was on the Majestic a few weeks ago and got good video of the Enclave. I'll see if I can find the video on youtube and post a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnWkxpAYwVw&t=24s

Enclave is at the 35 minute mark of the 36 minute video

Edited by rheathslc
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

I would be surprised if Princess schedules a winemakers dinner or Chef’s table for this 3 day sailing or any 3 day sailing, just too short a cruise.

With the Majestic being a ‘Royal’ class ship, I only remember the up charge ‘tea’ was called ‘Royal’ tea? I think the main difference was it included a glass of bubbly? I think I remember one of the first Majestic Alaska sailings, someone posted a picture of a cabinet like pice of furniture with little cubby hole ‘boxes’? This is where picture used to display the different ‘teas’ offered. If I remember correctly, the ‘Royal Tea’ has also been discontinued/not offered due to operational/covid?

I think you should be able to find pictures of the ‘enclave’ on YouTube, as the Majestic is a sister ship to the Royal, Regal, Sky and I believe the enclaves are very similar on all of these ships. It mostly consists of a small pool with a therapy ‘jet’, think of a large water faucet, some heated stone beds, I think they also have beds with a type of ‘waterbed topper’ along with some aromatherapy steam and sauna rooms. The entire area is co-ed.

If you check out the latest ‘live from’ for the Majestic sailing being the last Alaska sailing the poster listed ‘all’ of the previous ‘live from Majestic’ threads and I believe menus and pictures of chef table and winemakers dinners were included, but almost certain they will not be offered for your 3 day sailing, but you might be interested for possible longer sailing on Princess.

I have been reading thru the links in the live thread you mentioned, just not all off them yet.  There is some difference between the two tea options besides sparkling wine— reports I’ve found have been vague though.  (Royal and Regal have the “Royal” tea, Majestic is “English Afternoon” for the paid version — or was pre-Covid. 

It did occur to me that both the dinners I’m asking about may not be offered on a 3 day, but wanted to have some research done just in case. I’m also keeping my eye on the week after, since I really want to book that one too.

I have found some info on the Enclave but sometimes a CCer will have great info if you ask 🙂

1 hour ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

I didn't see any sign of an English Afternoon Tea onboard the Majestic last month.  I am pretty sure that they will not do both Chef's Table and Winemaker's Dinner in a 3 day cruise; might not even do one, but someone here might know if they have done it in the past on such a short cruise.  

We loved our cruise in August, but you have to go into it knowing that it will be different than Pre-COVID.

Definitely a different experience post Covid.  We did a B2B on Royal Caribbean last month, so am completely comfortable with expectations — it just makes it harder to determine what specific changes are in play when you only have a week to try and find out.

• Like 1

I did not see a paid tea service on the Majestic earlier this month. I agree that the tea service in the MDR was not as great as pre-covid (it seemed very rushed and not that great of a selection as compared to previous offerings). I attended once and that was plenty for me.

I went to the Enclave on my cruise and really enjoyed it. The spa staff expressed major attitude, causing me not to return, but the facility was very nice. Hopefully you are able to track down the photos (they do not appear for me on the other thread)--it did not occur to me to take anything with me when I went. Another patron brought a book and that seemed smart in hindsight.

Enjoy your trip!

11 minutes ago, starboardcruiser said:

I did not see a paid tea service on the Majestic earlier this month. I agree that the tea service in the MDR was not as great as pre-covid (it seemed very rushed and not that great of a selection as compared to previous offerings). I attended once and that was plenty for me.

I went to the Enclave on my cruise and really enjoyed it. The spa staff expressed major attitude, causing me not to return, but the facility was very nice. Hopefully you are able to track down the photos (they do not appear for me on the other thread)--it did not occur to me to take anything with me when I went. Another patron brought a book and that seemed smart in hindsight.

Enjoy your trip!

Bummer on the tea report — we’ve attended the regular one a few times on Ruby Princess pre-Covid as well as having it delivered the time we were in a suite and it was great.  

Not sure what it is with spa staff — we had booked spa access for a 12 day on NCL back in 2018 and had a similar issue.  It was so bad we demanded a refund after two days.  I think the Enclave is a bit smaller than the spa on Escape, so hopefully we can figure out how to work things on our own.  I can’t see the images in the other thread either 😕. I will remember to bring my kindle 😊

• Like 1

I enjoyed afternoon tea one day last month on the Majestic. It seemed the same as on previous cruises--not rushed and delicious scones. I always order my own pot of tea since I have to have decaf. The winemaker's dinner last month was also very nice. I did not have Princess Plus, so it was a good value for me. 

• Thanks 1