Booking confirmation

Serengeti228

Newbie to the RCI. I booked my very first RCI cruise online a couple of days ago. Other than a simple email from the RCI stating that I have successfully paid for the deposit for the booking, I do not receive any cruise confirmation, in form of PDF or the like, with details of the itinerary, payment, terms, deadline,  etc..... as I usually do from the other cruise lines. Is it a norm for RCI NOT to send out PDF booking confirmation?

From the C&A member profile, I am able to view my booking, cruise date, cabin number, and cruise planner. However, this profile does not provide any information about the payment details, deadline, etc... Is it a norm in the RCI's website NOT to show these for any valid booking ? 

It is normal to only get a simple email from RCI when you book a cruise. However, when you go into cruise planner it will tell you how much you currently owe on the cruise. If you book a cruise on the ship, you will get an email with all the details of your cruise. Booking online or on the ship is the only way I have booked cruises with RCI, so my knowledge is limited to those types of bookings. 

We booked with Royal Caribbean for the first time for a cruise next September, and I noticed the same thing and thought it was very strange!  We didn't have any sort of invoice to show a total amount that we paid and we couldn't even figure out how much our cruise was when we initially booked it until we went back through our records to see how much our down payment was and added that to the amount we still owed, which we found in the cruise planner.  I ended up upgrading our room so I was able to ask for an invoice when I called them to see the price breakdown.  I do find it very odd though that there's not a detailed email when you book about which cruise you booked and the pricing of it.

I usually get it with the booking.  Before, I would get one every time I made a payment.  This time that no longer happened.  I just kept up with where I was.  When it was paid off, I called and asked for an updated invoice and they sent it without any issues.  Just give them a call if you haven't received one and want it.

Yeah, I swear this used to be automatic. Now it seems you always have to call in and request one (at least it's automated). I booked a new cruise a few days ago, and had to call to have the initial invoice generated and emailed. I have no idea why they would change this and make us ask for it.