Any Recent Valuetrip.com users?

green eyed lady

54 minutes ago, phabric said:

Yes, you need to add tax to Value Trips price.  I have not stayed at Hyatt Place for a few years and at that time it was a free continental breakfast.  Valuetrips mentions a charge for breakfast, on Hyatt Place site they say free breakfast.  Restaurants, grocery, liquor store and bus are within walking distance.

When I stay more than 1 night, I stay at Best Western Oceanside for the past 5 years.    If staying 5 nights, try Best Western Oceanside, 1180 Sea Breeze, FLL.  They are 100 yards from beach, free breakfast, bar that sell food, $ washer/dryer, microwave, small refrigerator, clean, friendly staff, regular bus and  Sun Trolley outside the front door and water taxi is in walking distance.  No shuttle from airport (about $30 by taxi) or port (about $14 by taxi) or can sign up for shuttle to port.

🇨🇦

Best Western Oceanside works out a lot more expensive than Embassy Suites or Hyatt Place.  Stayed at Renaissance Marriott and Hilton Marina on previous occasions but they're also a lot more expensive this time. 

20 hours ago, phabric said:

No shuttle from airport (about $30 by taxi) or port (about $14 by taxi) or can sign up for shuttle to port.

🇨🇦

Last time I stayed there they did have a free shuttle to the airport and I believe a pp shared van to the cruise ship.

It really is a great hotel in a nice location.  I got in earlier than my sister - went to total wine to get a few drinks and stopped a publix for snacks and spent a few hours sitting poolside in the sun.  It was a marvelous afternoon.

5 minutes ago, VermeulT said:

Last time I stayed there they did have a free shuttle to the airport and I believe a pp shared van to the cruise ship.

It really is a great hotel in a nice location.  I got in earlier than my sister - went to total wine to get a few drinks and stopped a publix for snacks and spent a few hours sitting poolside in the sun.  It was a marvelous afternoon.

Are you talking about Hyatt Place?  Hyatt Place has a $2 (per room) shuttle charge for airport to hotel and free from hotel to airport and a paid $ shuttle you sign up to port.

Best Western Oceanside has no shuttle from airport to hotel or hotel to airport, can sign up for paid $ shuttle to port.

Just now, phabric said:

Are you talking about Hyatt Place?  Hyatt Place has a $2 (per room) shuttle charge for airport to hotel and free from hotel to airport and a paid $ shuttle you sign up to port.

Best Western Oceanside has no shuttle from airport to hotel or hotel to airport, can sign up for paid $ shuttle to port.

Hyatt Place yes.  And it might have been $2 per room.  There were two of us arriving separately so $1pp is inconsequential in my mind.

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2022 at 12:27 PM, nhraformula00 said:

Yes you can short cut though the parking garage to walk to Publix or Total Wine. We do it all the time. We love Hyatt Place and have been there at least 5 times now for a cruise.

Curious how long is the walk from hotel to Publix?

3 hours ago, gqboy1 said:

Seems they are quite backed up.  Sent in a request last week and still waiting to hear back.

You can call the hotel to see if you have a reservation.  If a reservation is there ask them if they can send anything with a confirmation number

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, Beachgirl1106 said:

does anyone know if the valuetrips pricing includes parking for 7 nights as well?

No first hand knowledge but I've never heard here on cruise critic of that being offered. 

20 hours ago, Beachgirl1106 said:

does anyone know if the valuetrips pricing includes parking for 7 nights as well?

You could call the Hyatt Place and ask. Might make a difference if you are using valuetrips but I have always found the hotel to be accommodating. They have plenty of parking and many guests don't have cars. Maybe mention you are thinking of using valuetrips to book, in case that matters to them.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, arlodog said:

How long does it take for Valuetrips to process the requests?  It says 3 business days, but my card has not been charged and I don't have a confirmation email yet.  

Thanks! 

it took about 5 days for us.  Once you have your email, you can go to the Hyatt website and pull your reservation up there

17 minutes ago, arlodog said:

How long does it take for Valuetrips to process the requests?  It says 3 business days, but my card has not been charged and I don't have a confirmation email yet.  

Thanks! 

They use the credit card just to guarantee the room.  You pay at the hotel. It took about a week for my

email confirmation.  
I called the hotel directly to make sure it was confirmed.

They may be swamped right now.

You can always check with the hotel.

I did look up

my reservation on the website also.

Edited by PacnGoNow

7 minutes ago, Jkaczanowski said:

it took about 5 days for us.  Once you have your email, you can go to the Hyatt website and pull your reservation up there

I printed that Hyatt confirmation out for my hotel confirmation, in case I needed proof.  No problems though. 

Thanks for all the quick replies.  I will keep an eye out for the confirmation and give it some time before I call directly to see if we have a room.  We don't sail until November.  Hotel prices are crazy compared to pre-pandemic!

3 hours ago, sandancer said:

We are also booked with ValueTrips. I assume the room rate indicated does not include taxes. Anyone able to give me some idea of what this will be. In the UK the   VAT is included in the room rate. 

My rate is $119 and the taxes and fees are $15.47

I understand that breakfast is not included if booked through ValueTrips and costs $11 pp. How is the breakfast? If it is the usual buffet offering, like say the Holiday Inn Express we will probably pass and go to Joe’s Diner in the Harbour shopping center. 

16 hours ago, spammie said:

My rate is $119 and the taxes and fees are $15.47

Thanks. Same here so now I know what the total cost will be.We get caught out all the time when we shop because we often forget that the price does not include tax. 

3 hours ago, sandancer said:

I understand that breakfast is not included if booked through ValueTrips and costs $11 pp. How is the breakfast? If it is the usual buffet offering, like say the Holiday Inn Express we will probably pass and go to Joe’s Diner in the Harbour shopping center. 

We went in March and were not charged for bkfst.  They said everyone has bkfst included. So, that was nice. Don’t know if it’s always that way. Breakfast was fine, similar to most hotel breakfasts. 
Enough for us, as we will eat on the ship by noon anyway.  😂 

• Like 1