Enchanted Princess - Retreat Pool Area - Cabana Rental

Nashna

I have been searching in vain for information on renting a cabana in the adult-only Retreat area.  We reserved a cabana as soon as we boarded The Royal about four years ago and found it to be delightful.  We are really not looking for alot of extras.  We just want a pleasent spot to spend sea days where we don't need to resort to playing the towel game.  Does anyone know if this option will be available on Enchanted?

I did find a reference to Pool cabanas in the Retreat area on Enchantment.  I know that on previous sailings they were a first come/first served reservation.  If I recall, the charges on the Royal were $50.00 per day on port days and $100.00 on sea days.  We booked all of the sea days on the sailing.  

As chrysalis said, the rental cabanas are found in the Sanctuary, which is different than the retreat pool (which has the standard loungers under a little bit of an overhang). It is the same layout for both the Sky and Enchanted Princess in these two areas

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/products/joyful-rejuvenation/the-sanctuary-yp.html

Sky Princess Retreat Pool.png

What I recall is the open-air cabanas around the Retreat Pool were in the range mentioned - at least $50 or maybe $80 for the day last time I saw.  If you want one of the ones inside the Sanctuary, they are over $200 IIRC (maybe $240).  Prices may have changed.  The ones at Retreat Pool had some curtains.  Inside Sanctuary, there is at least one sofa, a TV, shade and open area, additional privacy and quiet.  But too rich for my blood. 

THE ABOVE is for REGAL/ROYAL.

If you look at ENCHANTED deck plans, it's quite different and not sure those Retreat Pool cabanas will be there.  And no one has been on the ship yet, so are there any photos? 

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/1/2021 at 8:12 AM, skynight said:

Cabanas on the Sky Princess are located on deck 18, one deck above the Retreat Pool, outside of the Sanctuary.  Expect they will be in the same location on the Enchanted.  

This.   

Perhaps ask on the Inaugural Enchanted thread link below

Copy of post 104 of Inaugural Enchanted thread:

Retreat Pool, and lounging area one deck up on 18. Several of these lounge chairs setups with the planters; looked very inviting. A couple of hot tubs and showers on this level, too. (Sorry for upside down pictures again - argh 😠!)

10E451D8-7538-49C9-B83B-911D2A65DF3C.jpeg

3ED7C509-D570-49DD-A660-4C9DCBFAA680.jpeg

Edited by CruisinFinsUp

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Was the retreat pool in the Enchanted shallow or deep like the pool on the Royal & Regal?

We are on the enchanted princess now. As far as depth of the retreat pool it is 1 ft 1 in to 3 ft 3 in. The cabanas are located one deck up above the retreat pool and they are available on a first come first served basis, no charge.

1 hour ago, kitty2264 said:

We are on the enchanted princess now. As far as depth of the retreat pool it is 1 ft 1 in to 3 ft 3 in. The cabanas are located one deck up above the retreat pool and they are available on a first come first served basis, no charge.

That's a big change from the other ships.

Edited by MissP22

2 hours ago, kitty2264 said:

Are there drapes and shading above?  I seem to recall cabanas setup around Retreat Pool on REGAL and they were not free.  The open ones in the above upside-down photos are not very appealing to me as-is.  I guess "free" gets you less.  Perhaps a design/layout change from earlier Royal Class ships.

2 hours ago, kitty2264 said:

That is really shallow for an adult pool. 1 foot is just above the ankles. Are you certain it isn't 1 meter to 3 meters?

The Retreat Pool is 3.2 feet deep. Very shallow. The “Cabanas” on deck 18 have no shade. We were on the Regal last week and the Retreat Pool area was very nice. Princess missed the mark on the Enchanted Retreat area. 

The layout on the Royal & Regal was nice but the pool didn't have a shallow end which caused everyone to congregate near the steps in order to not have to constantly swim.

I guess they over did it to make a shallower pool with the Enchanted. 

There doesn't seem to be a happy middle ground. 

What happened to the days when pools had a shallow & deeper end?  

14 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

The layout on the Royal & Regal was nice but the pool didn't have a shallow end which caused everyone to congregate near the steps in order to not have to constantly swim.

I guess they over did it to make a shallower pool with the Enchanted. 

There doesn't seem to be a happy middle ground. 

What happened to the days when pools had a shallow & deeper end?  

The retreat area on the enchanted is not as nice as that on the regal IMHO. The pictures in post #7 show a pretty good view of the cabanas. They are not really protected from the sun or the wind.

Edited by kitty2264
Mis-wording

3 hours ago, kitty2264 said:

The retreat area on the enchanted is not as nice as that on the regal IMHO. The pictures in post #7 show a pretty good view of the cabanas. They are not really protected from the sun or the wind.

Even on the Royal or Regal I find that there isn't much of a shaded area from the sun or wind. 

• 1 year later...

Hi all - wondering what the minimum age is for the adults only retreat pool area.  I haven't been able to find any specifics.  We are cruising on the Enchanted August 2024 so DS will be 18 and DD will be 16, and she is likely more mature than most adults :-).  Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 5:07 PM, Upper Bob said:

As chrysalis said, the rental cabanas are found in the Sanctuary, which is different than the retreat pool (which has the standard loungers under a little bit of an overhang). It is the same layout for both the Sky and Enchanted Princess in these two areas

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/products/joyful-rejuvenation/the-sanctuary-yp.html

Sky Princess Retreat Pool.png

We were just on this ship and you are correct. It is two separate areas. 

Those are not really 'cabana's on these newer royal class ships.  Just frames or 'pergolas'.

On other threads it is mentioned that they could not have the covers or drapes as it would be way way to windy up there on that deck.

Many people like adult pools that are shallow, that they can stand in while they have their drinks in hand.

I am NOT one of those, but as I am, well,  vertically challenged,  (okay...  'short'!).  The shallower pools are good enough for me to take a dip and cool off.    It is the deep ones where one is almost limited to the stairs or pool edge!!!

Sprite...   I do not know if anybody can say that they have seen Princess checking for age at the Retreat area.   I am sure both of your teens would be fine to spend some time coming and going.

My thoughts would be this...  might they find that they would become restless and bored after a while anyhow?

Also, with the limited loungers on busy days,  I would hate to see loungers taken up, when there is not a person using them most of the time.