Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, chamima said:

Jim

How are your daughter and her MIL?

They have both recovered and have had tests at the 2 week period.    Thank you for asking.    My daughter goes back to work at the Medical Center tomorrow.   

• Like 11

2 hours ago, megfla said:

I look forward to following along again!

Hopefully the house band Magnifica is still onboard!  An all female band that was one of the entertainment highlights of our June Millennium sailing.

They were on in late August/early September, and I hope they still are, too.  They were fantastic!

2 hours ago, megfla said:

I look forward to following along again!

Hopefully the house band Magnifica is still onboard!  An all female band that was one of the entertainment highlights of our June Millennium sailing.

I just checked the app and they are listing -

String Duo - BlackWood

Dance Music -  Lucky Band

Live Music - The Super Nova Band

The Eagles Tribute - Kyle Tacy

House Band - Magnifica

38 minutes ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

It’s interesting to see a B2B for identical cruises.  When I recently did that for a cruise in Jan my agent thought I’d lost my mind!  Of course, there was still on port difference published that actually made the different, but it had been removed.  Now we wait to see what happens with the home port, Barbados,  next month when the itineraries begin.  Or rather are planned to beginning! 

Looking forward to what you experience that is different from visiting foreign ports, I’m thinking a lot!  

We did one similar on Summit pre Covid which was the New England and Bahamas cruise.   It was interesting to see how the demographics change so dramatically on the same cruise on different dates.

It was fun to explore different things on the same route.  

1 hour ago, garyl62 said:

Looking forward to following along Jim, it will be great to hear some thoughts about this itinerary as it's something I'd like to explore sometime, and really looking forward to your thoughts on the Millie and the refub.  We leave on the Summit just after your second trip ends, so while not the same ship, but it will still be interesting to hear your thoughts on the M class.  I don't remember, did you already sail on the Millie once since the refurb?

I have re-read the thread a couple times and can't find a post where you said what type of cabin you booked so can you post that (again if I missed it, sorry) and if you will have to move on the switchover day.  Assuming you are also considering a "Move-up Bid" unless you got a PH already.  Enjoy!!!

We are currently in a Suite Guarantee and no room has been assigned.    I've bid on all the move ups available so will be interesting to see what happens.

I've been trying to book the Guarantee category with no perks as we already have most of those with Zenith.   

I will be interested to see how Milli looks also.    We were on her the next to last cruise before she went into dry dock for the Revolution.  

35 minutes ago, lovecruzin said:

We’re on the 10/11 cruise and currently in SF celebrating my birthday, I’m looking forward to coming back and not having to pay for hotel and parking!  We used to live in Sunnyvale and SJ before moving to Sacramento area.  Look forward to following along whilst on the cruise!

Were also flying Alaska in First, it was a no brainer as the checked luggage fees would have almost brought us up to the fare we paid!

Happy Birthday.   We have not been up to the City for almost 2 years now due to Covid.   We are hoping to meet up with lots of our friends and just enjoy our time there.  

Alaska has really priced  their First Class at an attractive rate (unless booking with Celebrity).   Not expecting much besides better social distancing and wider seats.     Our flight has 1-2 Seating in front and 2-2 seating in Coach.

36 minutes ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

i believe we were on the cruises just before yours that did return to San Diego.  I saw the changes you experienced but they made no sense!  The port was under construction and a mess to navigate.  As I recall, th port was temporary while the main terminal was being refurbished.   We were on the cruise just after the one that missed a port in Hawaii because they answered a request from the coast guard to assist with a rescue of a small vessel whose captain was injured and the crew was running out of food.  Oh yeah, and a broken mast!   I was dumbfounded to here all the complaining passengers as we boarded.  Don’t remember why we even overlapped to hear them though, perhaps transportation. 

Interesting to hear.    So it sounds like the terminal was refurbished.  I'll look forward to it.

San Francisco is the same.   They use to have a terrible old wooden cargo  terminal but then build a new beautiful terminal about 5-6 years ago.  I've seen the outside of it but never seen the interior.

25 minutes ago, KAE27 said:

The two Royals we had on Millennium in August (6134 and 6133) did not have this configuration of two doors to the bathroom.  There was only one door, which was located directly across from the door to the bedroom - in other words, if you're coming from the living area, you enter a small alcove with the closet right in front of you, and then the doors to the BR and BA on the left and right facing each other.  Perhaps what you're describing was on non-Revolutionized ships?

Agree with you that the bathroom is terrific!  It has double sinks, too, which are handy.

Good to hear.   After awhile all the sites seem to blend into one another.     I remember not having to go into the bedroom to use the bathroom.   You are jogging my memory.   I believe it was the same pre-revolution.  

Celebrity  is living up to their reputation of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing.   I completed both Check-In's including pictures of our Vax cards. Yesterday I got an e-mail and phone call from Celebrity confirming our Vax status for the 9/11 cruise.   I called back and responded by e-mail that we had been Vaxed and were on a B2B.    Today I got another e-mail requesting the same verification of the second cruise.   Oh well.

The notice said that all guest over the age of 12 must be vaccinated and have their covid tests 2 day prior to sailing. 

52 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I just checked the app and they are listing -

String Duo - BlackWood

Dance Music -  Lucky Band

Live Music - The Super Nova Band

The Eagles Tribute - Kyle Tacy

House Band - Magnifica

Jim, has your app been populated with the daily planner?  Mine still has nothing on it.  I re-installed yesterday just in case that was the issue, but still nothing.  

The Royal Suite I sailed in (M class) prior to the revolution had only 1 door to the 1 bathroom.  I can't see how they could have added a door during the revolution.

Didn't they build a new terminal in San Diego?  Thought I read that somewhere.  It's been many years since I've sailed out of San Diego.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

We were on the Millennium in September. We all enjoyed the revolutionized colors. The Retreat lounge is gorgeous. All the dark wood is gone and it is bright and open. We thought the new chairs and sofas were uncomfortable. Music was extremely loud all over the ship except in the retreat lounge.

We had the best food we’ve ever had in Luminae on that cruise.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I experienced the same as you on a cruise originating San Diego to Hawaii.    This cruise is a little different.    We  stop in Ensenada to fulfill the PSA and spend a full day there.   Celebrity and other cruise lines use to play a game of going to Ensenada dropping anchor for an hour and call it a stop to fulfill the requirements of the act but the government put an end to it.

Both of these cruises originate and end in San Diego and then head to San Francisco. 

hmmm.  We stayed for about 6 hours in Ensenada, presumably to meet the requirement a bit better.  There were a few tours and we were told not to venture out on our own as it was unsafe to just wander around.  

We did one similar on Summit pre Covid which was the New England and Bahamas cruise.   It was interesting to see how the demographics change so dramatically on the same cruise on different dates.

It was fun to explore different things on the same route.  

Yep, we are planning a couple of different things at a few ports.  

We’ve done the New England Canada cruise on the Summit, twice but not back to back.   It’s a nice cruise!   

• Like 1

We are currently in a Suite Guarantee and no room has been assigned.    I've bid on all the move ups available so will be interesting to see what happens.

I've been trying to book the Guarantee category with no perks as we already have most of those with Zenith.   

I will be interested to see how Milli looks also.    We were on her the next to last cruise before she went into dry dock for the Revolution.  

I was told the Simply Cruise, which is without perks, happens very near sailing.  I’d think you’ve met those criteria!  And yes, we would prefer that too, the captains club perks are all we need too, even at ocean view level!   The all included is slowing us down booking for those cruises close to home.  Hope this is temporary and not an attempt to lure the Azamara folks back as the experiences are different.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KAE27 said:

Jim, has your app been populated with the daily planner?  Mine still has nothing on it.  I re-installed yesterday just in case that was the issue, but still nothing.  

Yes mine updated and even has menus.  Are you on an iPhone.   Don’t think it should make a difference 

• Thanks 1

Can't wait to follow along,.hope you have a nice relaxing time. Easier travel to the port for sure.  We flew from NY to LA for our Ca Coastal cruise on Infinity RT San Pedro.( several ports) ... it was a big trip for us.....the "back to back" is a great idea. Will keep that in mind!

Catalina Island was a great place.. we took a small group  tour  that  went all  over. We fell in love with all of it...Lunch was okay..kind of crowded...very slow service!

E N J O Y!

Edited by hcat

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

They have both recovered and have had tests at the 2 week period.    Thank you for asking.    My daughter goes back to work at the Medical Center tomorrow.   

Very happy to hear the news!

Our dtr is having day surgery this week and  has tested neg for Covid.

Her facility uses a "spit PCR test" which they developed.  Hope she  and her husb stay well after going into NYC for the procedure...we are the babysitters!

Like you...family is our first concern!

1 hour ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

perhaps because you’ve been onboard recently? 

I was also onboard about a week ago.    Try choosing a different cruise and then come back an open your again.    I also had a similar problem on Equinox and had to do a force close of  the App and reopen to fix.

I will be following too.  We left the Millennium two days ago and are still in Seattle.  

The B2B Alaska itineraries were the first time we have been on the Millennium since we spent a month on her in 2018.  We were in a SS1 which we have booked before on the Millennium, and were happy with the changes.  While it was a surprise when we first saw the Retreat Lounge we made the adjustment; there definitely is more seating now.

The Alaska sailings were identical itineraries.  We have done identical itineraries as either B2B or as part of longer strings of cruises several times, including Canada/New England, Australia/New Zealand, Mediterranean and Panama Canal itineraries.  I find it nice to feel that we don’t have to do “everything” during a port call.

It will be interesting to read your opinion of the entertainment.  We thought it was improved over prior cruises.  And there was trivia.

17 minutes ago, hcat said:

Can't wait to follow along,.hope you have a nice relaxing time. Easier travel to the port for sure.  We flew from NY to LA for our Ca Coastal cruise on Infinity RT San Pedro.( several ports) ... it was a big trip for us.....the "back to back" is a great idea. Will keep that in mind!

Catalina Island was a great place.. we took a small group  tour  that  went all  over. We fell in love with all of it...Lunch was okay..kind of crowded...very slow service!

E N J O Y!

Glad to hear.     I hate to say it but I'm doing more planning on what I'm going to do in Sf.   LOL --

Was really disappointed in many of the tours that restrict ancient people like me over 70 from participation.   Seriously would a 70 old be any more of a risk on a off road vehicle than an unfit younger person.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Northern Aurora said:

I will be following too.  We left the Millennium two days ago and are still in Seattle.  

The B2B Alaska itineraries were the first time we have been on the Millennium since we spent a month on her in 2018.  We were in a SS1 which we have booked before on the Millennium, and were happy with the changes.  While it was a surprise when we first saw the Retreat Lounge we made the adjustment; there definitely is more seating now.

The Alaska sailings were identical itineraries.  We have done identical itineraries as either B2B or as part of longer strings of cruises several times, including Canada/New England, Australia/New Zealand, Mediterranean and Panama Canal itineraries.  I find it nice to feel that we don’t have to do “everything” during a port call.

It will be interesting to read your opinion of the entertainment.  We thought it was improved over prior cruises.  And there was trivia.

Gerry and Charles -

Thanks for the inputs.    I really look forward to the cruise.   I may just have to check out the entertainment.   We rarely go to the shows as they have been rather lackluster in the past.   Your opinion gives me confidence in them being improved.

The only port  we may stay aboard on is Ensenada but will see what turns up.