I'm too old for this excursion

esther e

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

Those private excursion providers were likely able to do that for you because they didn't have any insurance and almost no assets to lose in case you sued them. 

There are more reasons to not want to take private excursions. That fact some don;t have insurance allows them to operate without minimal safety considerations.  Many more that I can think of as well....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

They have local  insurance requirements. Not the cruise line's decision or the vendor's for that matter.

Seems reasonable enough.

You can try to book on board. That may circumvent the age check or they may have a waiver you can sign.

Well me personally I’m nowhere near 75 but I certainly wouldn’t like it if some of the ATV excursions had an age limit cap set at 30. 

I do agree there are probably many ways to get around this. Like if you’re cruising with anyone else, have them buy the ticket and then swap excursions. 

Edited by Seany527

51 minutes ago, esther e said:

Thanks everyone.  I depend on a rollator for "running around" and know my limits.   I am not taking any chances of ruining a vacation to see a flamingo!  I did book another tour which says I  MIGHT see them.  LOL

Most zoos have them :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, esther e said:

Thanks everyone.  I depend on a rollator for "running around" and know my limits.   I am not taking any chances of ruining a vacation to see a flamingo!  I did book another tour which says I  MIGHT see them.  LOL

That is not the type of cruise vacation souvenir you want??? LOL

bon voyage

3 hours ago, esther e said:

The flamingo tours in Bonaire are hit and miss.  On the tour we went on we saw plenty of flamingos............about a mile away on the salt evaporation ponds.

5 hours ago, mayleeman said:

My dad, 53, died of a massive heart attack 2 weeks after he was told by his cardiologist that due to his exercise he had a heart like a 19 year old athlete.

My mom, who did no exercise at all, died at 91.

This stuff is really hard for anyone to predict, even on an individual level by an examining physician, and that is why insurance for excursions, etc, is based on broad categories!

Fortunately, my brother and I seem to have inherited Mom's heart....

Doctor told me my heart is in great shape and guarantees it will  last me the rest of my life.   ????? 🤷‍♂️🤔

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Something else you need to consider is any travel insurance or medical insurance policies you have.  You may think you are covered for everything but they usually exclude many activities that they consider dangerous and you may not.  

I may be wrong but I don’t think the cruise insurance you purchase thru the cruise line covers anything on shore.   Looked at it years ago and never purchase it so it may have changed.   I purchase a yearly travel plan to cover medical as I am not concerned about the cost of the cruise as that was money spent and won’t break me like any medical emergencies would.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Doesn’t sound a a great tour for someone using a roll at or.   We did this tour and it was so rough, the driver actually looked for the roughest area of the “terrain”.  My husband had to hold on for dear life and his neck ached for a week afterwards.   They have done you a favor excluding those over 75.   Guess they do mention people with backend neck problems but they don’t tell you they will cause neck and back problems.

• Like 1

I took this tour while on Equinox and the bus was very high and somewhat difficult to get in and out of, and the seating was very rough and uncomfortable.

The flamingos were plentiful and close and in an area not that far from the pier.

You should be able to arrange a private taxi tour to go there.

• Thanks 1