Future cruise deposit

vanessa5076

Hi. Sorry me again!

We have unfortunately made the decision to cancel our January cruise where we used our FCD for. We are looking to move it to June but our travel agent said we .need to pay a £700  deposit. Does this sound right?

Just for info we also have a cruise credit on the account as well.

Thanks

3 hours ago, vanessa5076 said:

Hi. Sorry me again!

We have unfortunately made the decision to cancel our January cruise where we used our FCD for. We are looking to move it to June but our travel agent said we .need to pay a £700  deposit. Does this sound right?

Just for info we also have a cruise credit on the account as well.

Thanks

If you cancel, doesn't the FCD just revert to your account and can be used for the June sailing ? That is what happens in US, I see you quote GBP.

In a related point, I realize this is not your situation, when Princess cancelled, our option was for FCD to revert to our account or be converted to 110% FCC, and FCC could NOT be used for Deposit. We chose the latter and in fact were able to use FCC for deposit, plus a phone call to Princess by TA and we got the OBC normally associated with FCD. Lots of other people did this too.

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 1

Not sure how it works in your part of the world but our TA has been successful in extending the hold date for a cruise we have booked immediately after Princess has cancelled one of our cruises.  This allows time for Princess to process the cancellation and lengthens the time before which the deposit is required.  Can your agent do this for you?

• Like 3

A key question is if the FCD used on the original booking has since expired.  If so, Princess will automatically cancel it out and refund in cash.  The guest needs to be aware and ask Princess to extend the expiry date so the FCD can be re-used on the substitute voyage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Not sure how it works in your part of the world but our TA has been successful in extending the hold date for a cruise we have booked immediately after Princess has cancelled one of our cruises.  This allows time for Princess to process the cancellation and lengthens the time before which the deposit is required.  Can your agent do this for you?

This is what my PVP did for me as well. 

• Like 1

On the 2 cruises that canceled I had my FCD & FCC refunded within a week (last time was in September 2021). On cruises that Princess canceled in 2021 as part of a mass cancelation it took a few weeks. Of course it took months in 2020. 

My experience has been that if I cancel the cruise, the FCD goes back on my account to be used at a later date up to the expiration date. If Princess cancels, the purchase price is refunded automatically. I've been able to enlist the help of my PVP to return the FCD to my account (my preference), in these situations. YMMV.

• Like 1