New Ontario Vaccine Receipts With QR

Fouremco

I was also under the impression we don’t need to have the Canada version until November 30.  Also, the Ontario/Canada version doesn’t have details of where the vax was administered which I thought was also required.  

3 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

I was also under the impression we don’t need to have the Canada version until November 30.  Also, the Ontario/Canada version doesn’t have details of where the vax was administered which I thought was also required.  

This whole deal gets confusing as things change.  I wasn’t aware that we needed details of exactly where the Vax was given. For instance, for me I got both in Ottawa but at 2 different places (both booked through Ont Health portal).  I now have 2 separate “proofs” on my iPhone.  The first is just the Ont one with a QR code that when read with a QR Reader will just presumably give a “check mark” on the reader.  The second is the one subsequently downloaded with both the Ont and Canada logos at the top.  I don’t know if the QR code on this one is the same as the other QR code.  I’m going with other family members to a restaurant later this week in Quebec (Laurentians) and if they have a QR reader I’ll see which one they want.

So far I have only had to show my proof of Vax once in Ottawa (place did not have a QR reader) and I just pulled up the one with both Ont and Cda logos.  

29 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

I've never seen place of vaccination as a requirement. As in most cases - flying to US or boarding a cruise in the US - the CDC sets the requirement, here's what it has to say:

All forms of proof of COVID-19 vaccination must have

• Personal identifiers (at a minimum, full name and date of birth) that match the personal identifiers on the passenger’s passport or other travel documents
  • Name of official source issuing the record (e.g., public health agency, government agency, or other authorized vaccine provider)
  • Vaccine manufacturer and date(s) of vaccination

All of that information is available from the current Ontario/Canada receipt and verifiable using the QR code.

11 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I've never seen place of vaccination as a requirement. As in most cases - flying to US or boarding a cruise in the US - the CDC sets the requirement, here's what it has to say:

• Personal identifiers (at a minimum, full name and date of birth) that match the personal identifiers on the passenger’s passport or other travel documents
  • Name of official source issuing the record (e.g., public health agency, government agency, or other authorized vaccine provider)

All of that information is available from the current Ontario/Canada receipt and verifiable using the QR code.

Ok maybe I misunderstood “official source issuing the record”.  It seems then that Province of Ontario is good enough.  On my original Ontario receipt it has the Doctors name and the local public health unit.  

Just now, Josie201 said:

Ok maybe I misunderstood “official source issuing the record”.  It seems then that Province of Ontario is good enough.  On my original Ontario receipt it has the Doctors name and the local public health unit.  

Yes, on mine too, but I think that over time they realized that no-one was ever going to try to verify that nurse Sarah B (no full surname) was working at the Orleans YMCA clinic on a given day. If the Ontario government says that I got Moderna Lot 12345 on June 1st of this year, that's good enough for whomever is looking to verify. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

My understanding is that there is no such thing as a Federal QR code. Instead, there was an agreement reached between that GOC and provincial/territorial governments on a standardized receipt/proof of vaccination, which included the QR code as well as the addition of the Canada and provincial/territorial logos.

So what you get from the Ontario site is intended to get you into restaurants in Ontario, onto interprovincial trains or domestic flights within Canada, and entry into foreign countries requiring proof of vaccination.

The article calls it the Federal Pan-Canadian Proof of Vaccination.  Also, the articles says..”unlike Manitoba’s current provincial vaccine passport, the Federal vaccine will be digital only…..” (not a direct quote).  Perhaps they’ve changed their mind or method….since the 21st.   
All I’m trying to figure out is what is the latest acceptable proof of vaccination required to live the life I used to live.  Maybe it’s too early for that.

52 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

We leave November 8.  Our niece has a duotang with copies of all versions of everyone’s proof of vaccine.  Plus on our phones.  Plus laminated to take to the beach. 

Gee, great minds think alike. The only difference is that we'll rely on the multiple versions on the iPhone for the beach.

1 hour ago, Josie201 said:

We leave November 8.  Our niece has a duotang with copies of all versions of everyone’s proof of vaccine.  Plus on our phones.  Plus laminated to take to the beach. 

You sound prepared, all bases covered. 👍

3 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

The article calls it the Federal Pan-Canadian Proof of Vaccination.  Also, the articles says..”unlike Manitoba’s current provincial vaccine passport, the Federal vaccine will be digital only…..” (not a direct quote).  Perhaps they’ve changed their mind or method….since the 21st.   
All I’m trying to figure out is what is the latest acceptable proof of vaccination required to live the life I used to live.  Maybe it’s too early for that.

Nomenclature has been a problem since the very beginning, at all levels of government in Canada, ever since there was talk of vaccination "passports". The reality today is that the GOC will not be issuing anything but will leave that responsibility to the provinces/territories. Which makes very good sense, as the latter hold all of the relevant data. By agreement, a new receipt document was developed, along with an internationally recognized SMART Health Card QR Code. Some will take a little longer getting around to the new Canada-wide standard, Manitoba, for example, but Ontario was able to make the switch quickly. So what you can download from the Ontario website today is all that you need to meet provincial, national or international requirements.

On the Celebrity Equinox now. 5 people from Ontario that we know on the ship. 3 used the new Ontario QR confirmations, printed off - no issues at all (I understand they show name, birthday and both doses). 2 used the original ones that only showed confirmation of the second dose, they got on the ship but ended up getting called to front desk and told they had to get off in the first port if they couldn’t show proof of the date of the first dose. I understand they were able to provide them confirmation and are still on the ship. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Nomenclature has been a problem since the very beginning, at all levels of government in Canada, ever since there was talk of vaccination "passports". The reality today is that the GOC will not be issuing anything but will leave that responsibility to the provinces/territories. Which makes very good sense, as the latter hold all of the relevant data. By agreement, a new receipt document was developed, along with an internationally recognized SMART Health Card QR Code. Some will take a little longer getting around to the new Canada-wide standard, Manitoba, for example, but Ontario was able to make the switch quickly. So what you can download from the Ontario website today is all that you need to meet provincial, national or international requirements.

Okay, thanks for that explanation. I feel better now knowing I have the most up-to-date proof that I need.  

10 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

On the Celebrity Equinox now. 5 people from Ontario that we know on the ship. 3 used the new Ontario QR confirmations, printed off - no issues at all (I understand they show name, birthday and both doses). 2 used the original ones that only showed confirmation of the second dose, they got on the ship but ended up getting called to front desk and told they had to get off in the first port if they couldn’t show proof of the date of the first dose. I understand they were able to provide them confirmation and are still on the ship. 

That’s good information, thanks for sharing it.  

• Like 1

Here is a comment I made on a similar thread about three weeks ago when it comes to having a complete record of my two shots....

I printed my first vaccination record and fed the sheet face up into the printer and printed the second record on the other side of the page.  Keeps both vaccination records together without the need of a stapler!

32 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

Do they still have glass blowing show on the Equinox? 

37 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

As always, great information! 👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

Unfortunately, for the last few years they have switched this to a revenue venue, offering classes ($) rather than shows.

Hot Glass Class

Learn how to work in molten glass to create your own brilliant artwork and functional tableware. Now, on board Celebrity Celebrity Equinox, you can experience our Hot Glass Class.

1 hour ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

thanks from me as well. That must’ve worked at the airports as well so great to have first hand info! 
Enjoy your cruise @AlbertaCruisers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fouremco said:

My legal 'FIRST' name which I have never gone by; (rather I have gone by my MIDDLE NAME AND SURNAME)' which is what is printed on my BOTH my Passport and Ontario Driver's Licence!

The ONLY place that my FULL, LEGAL name appears is on my Birth Certificate and Health Card!

I have NEVER included my (LEGAL) FIRST NAME on any Passport Applications or Passport Renewals!  There has NEVER been a problem with International Travel!

Does anyone anticipate/expect, that suddenly, with the slew of documents required for International Travel, when the Name on my current, valid Passport DOES NOT MATCH my FULL legal name as appears on my ONTARIO PROOF OF VACCINATION CARD WITH THE QR CODE?  I see that my MIDDLE name has been CAPITALIZED on my QR Vaccination Card!

3 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Here is a comment I made on a similar thread about three weeks ago when it comes to having a complete record of my two shots....

I printed my first vaccination record and fed the sheet face up into the printer and printed the second record on the other side of the page.  Keeps both vaccination records together without the need of a stapler!

I take my vaccination cards to a local UPS Store where they downsize the paper receipts, if so desired, to my more size for travelling as well as laminating the cards; the first two paper receipts were done back to back.

I like the quality of their work and the lamination is of a better quality and seal than that which I had done originally at Staples, (which cost more too, btw)!

42 minutes ago, GeriatricNurse said:

My legal 'FIRST' name which I have never gone by; (rather I have gone by my MIDDLE NAME AND SURNAME)' which is what is printed on my BOTH my Passport and Ontario Driver's Licence!

The ONLY place that my FULL, LEGAL name appears is on my Birth Certificate and Health Card!

I have NEVER included my (LEGAL) FIRST NAME on any Passport Applications or Passport Renewals!  There has NEVER been a problem with International Travel!

Does anyone anticipate/expect, that suddenly, with the slew of documents required for International Travel, when the Name on my current, valid Passport DOES NOT MATCH my FULL legal name as appears on my ONTARIO PROOF OF VACCINATION CARD WITH THE QR CODE?  I see that my MIDDLE name has been CAPITALIZED on my QR Vaccination Card!

This was my exact scenario, I've always gone by my middle name. My middle name and surname is all that is on my Passport. I predicted a potential issue last year, I went into a Service Ontario location with my passport and had my name changed on my health card before vaccines were rolled out. It didn't take long for my new heath card to come in. So I had my new Health Card for when vaccines started, so my vaccine certificates now show the exact name that is on my passport. I feel better with my vaccine certificate matching my passport to avoid any potential issue.

34 minutes ago, GeriatricNurse said:

If your legal name is Jane Julia Jones on your birth certificate, your Health card, and consequently your Ontario vaccination receipt, but your passport says Julia Jones, I think you'll be fine, particularly when the DOB matches. It would be a different story if your receipt said Jane Julia Jones and your passport said Jasmine Jones. In that case, it could be your twin sister.

In the fullness of time, I'd suggest that you follow @LouTheGlue's lead and get your various IDs in sync. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Yep, they have the glass blowing area, but as noted above it is a paid thing. That being said, I don’t think anyone stops you from watching. I haven’t tried. 

Edited by AlbertaCruisers

11 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

thanks from me as well. That must’ve worked at the airports as well so great to have first hand info! 
Enjoy your cruise @AlbertaCruisers

We didn’t have to prove vaccination at the airports, just testing, as we got on the ship on Oct 29, before the change. 

Edited by AlbertaCruisers