New Ontario Vaccine Receipts With QR

Fouremco

41 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Ok so after multiple attempts I now have the white copy as in post #93 now in my Wallet as well as the full copy which includes the Ontario and Canada logos saved to my notes…do I need the red one too? 

No, both contain the same information. I loaded the second one just to try out the new iOS 15.1 capability and kept it in my Wallet just in case.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

I went to take a picture of my license and health card to save in favs , figure it easier than getting the wallet 

notice both were expired for months😱

I guess the Ontario government no longer sends out renewals 🙄

renewed everything online in 5 mins 

For reasons best known to the current Ontario administration, you now have to sign up to get reminders. Now, I have to remember to sign up for reminders. :classic_rolleyes:

Overview

An Ontario driver’s licence is valid for 5 years. You must renew it every 5 years either online or at a ServiceOntario centre.

Sign up to get emails, text messages or phone call reminders 60 and 30 days before it’s time to renew your licence plate sticker, driver’s licence or health card.

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

For reasons best known to the current Ontario administration, you now have to sign up to get reminders. Now, I have to remember to sign up for reminders. :classic_rolleyes:

Overview

An Ontario driver’s licence is valid for 5 years. You must renew it every 5 years either online or at a ServiceOntario centre.

Sign up to get emails, text messages or phone call reminders 60 and 30 days before it’s time to renew your licence plate sticker, driver’s licence or health card.

Don't forget to check your car registration too.

4 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Ok so after multiple attempts I now have the white copy as in post #93 now in my Wallet as well as the full copy which includes the Ontario and Canada logos saved to my notes…do I need the red one too? 

The red one (for me at least) shows AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine, even though my first dose was Covishield. Below the dates of the dose, is says ISSUED BY prt.pkey.dhdp.ontariohealth.ca, then it shows the QR code. The red one (Apple health version) is also used in other countries so it may be more acceptable. Or not.

2 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

I went to take a picture of my license and health card to save in favs , figure it easier than getting the wallet 

I drove out to Calgary and back earlier this year with both expired licence and health card.  Thank god nothing happened!  I was able to renew my licence online but had to go to a ServiceOntario site for a new health card.

2 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Thanks for posting this.  I knew I hadn't renewed my license or health card for a while so I thought I'd better check them. Sure enough...both of them had expired this past May.  I went to renew them online but received the message that  my health card was not eligible for online renewal.   (likely due to my license being expired).   

I did the online renewal for my driver's license and I guess I'll have to go to Service Ontario for my health card... or I may wait a bit and when I receive my new license, I'll try online again.    

6 minutes ago, thon said:

I drove out to Calgary and back earlier this year with both expired licence and health card.  Thank god nothing happened!  I was able to renew my licence online but had to go to a ServiceOntario site for a new health card.

Same for me... I guess we were both posting at the same time!

34 minutes ago, hancogran said:

Same for me... I guess we were both posting at the same time!

You’ll need an appointment at Service Ontario.  I had one the day after so was pretty quick.  Both my wife’s had expired as well but she was able to renew both online - why I couldn’t I have no idea.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, thon said:

You’ll need an appointment at Service Ontario.  I had one the day after so was pretty quick.  Both my wife’s had expired as well but she was able to renew both online - why I couldn’t I have no idea.

Thank you!!  I didn't realize I'd have to make an appointment so I'll go see if I can book something online.  Strange that your wife could renew both online but it didn't work for you (or me).    😟 

41 minutes ago, hancogran said:

Thank you!!  I didn't realize I'd have to make an appointment so I'll go see if I can book something online.  Strange that your wife could renew both online but it didn't work for you (or me).    😟 

It might have something to do with how long it has been expired. The other possibility is that they may not insist on a picture for every renewal, but yours is required. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, K_e_short said:

They will eventually send out a reminder note in the mail. My husband got one this week.

Now with that said I don't know if his health card/id card expired September 2021 or September 2020.

Did you look at his Health Card to check for the expiry date?

6 hours ago, thon said:

Where I live in Ontario, you do not require an appointment at either of out two Service Ontario locations.  You just line up outsider the door, (exposed to the weather elements), and wait until you are able to enter.  Only 3 persons are permitted inside the office at a time!

While my DL and Health Card don't expire until 2024, I thought that I'd best sign up now before I forget! 😇. It was quick and easy. While I'm somewhat mystified by the lack of publicity given to this new process, I think that automated digital reminders are a great way of saving the costs associated with printing and mailing  them out.

Mr. Ford, would you now consider digital drivers licenses and health cards for our digital wallets?

• Like 1

Just as a note, I just got back from a walk. One restaurant I passed had a sign that only physical IDs were allowed for dining in. Until we get an official digital ID, I guess that it is possible to fake a digital ID by replacing the original picture with another. I hadn't really thought about it before.

54 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Just as a note, I just got back from a walk. One restaurant I passed had a sign that only physical IDs were allowed for dining in. Until we get an official digital ID, I guess that it is possible to fake a digital ID by replacing the original picture with another. I hadn't really thought about it before.

I've seen a few posts from people saying that they've uploaded a photo of their DL to avoid having to get out the DL itself. It will be interesting to see how many establishments will accept them and how many follow the restaurant's physical ID requirement.

Is the QR document to which we linked a few weeks ago the Ontario version or the Federal version?  My friend in BC said that she has just received a Federal QR code.  Our document has both Ontario and Canada logos on it, so I was just wondering.  Thanks.

12 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

Is the QR document to which we linked a few weeks ago the Ontario version or the Federal version?  My friend in BC said that she has just received a Federal QR code.  Our document has both Ontario and Canada logos on it, so I was just wondering.  Thanks.

If it has Canada Logo , you are good to go 

15 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

The Feds haven’t put out a national version but the provincial one that has both the provincial and federal logos is the one you need for travel. Sounds like you’re good to go. 

Thank you. I was able to print a copy from my phone..Can we use this QR code version to enter restaurants, etc. , or is it just for travel?  Interesting , my friend in BC said that she has the Federal version, just received it yesterday. Do you think she’s wrong? I tried googling the query but couldn’t get a definitive answer.  Thanks.

Globalnews.ca dated Oct 25/21 had a good explanation of what the various versions were good for.  It was relating to Manitobans as they are getting the Federal QR document issued soon.  The Ontario Proof of Vaccination is good for restaurants, etc. The QR version is good for travel and the Federal QR version will be good for international travel.  I expect the Federal QR version will supersede all other versions.  I hope we won’t need any of this in the near future.

My understanding is that there is no such thing as a Federal QR code. Instead, there was an agreement reached between that GOC and provincial/territorial governments on a standardized receipt/proof of vaccination, which included the QR code as well as the addition of the Canada and provincial/territorial logos.

So what you get from the Ontario site is intended to get you into restaurants in Ontario, onto interprovincial trains or domestic flights within Canada, and entry into foreign countries requiring proof of vaccination.

• Like 1