New Ontario Vaccine Receipts With QR

Fouremco

Has anyone been able to download the newest vaccine card to their apple wallet?  I had the first one there and it was very handy but the latest one showing Canada in the upper right and Ontario in the upper left just downloads the same as the prior one. I’ve been thinking may be the QR code will scan with the latest format but not sure. Meanwhile I’ve downloaded the latest copy to my Notes app so it’s easy to find, just takes a few more clicks and not avail on my watch. 
Cathy

6 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Has anyone been able to download the newest vaccine card to their apple wallet?  I had the first one there and it was very handy but the latest one showing Canada in the upper right and Ontario in the upper left just downloads the same as the prior one. I’ve been thinking may be the QR code will scan with the latest format but not sure. Meanwhile I’ve downloaded the latest copy to my Notes app so it’s easy to find, just takes a few more clicks and not avail on my watch. 
Cathy

I had no problems loading to my wife’s and mine Iphonex 

used the grassroots website 

11 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Cathy

Did you go through the whole process again, downloading the document from the Ontario site using the grassroots app? Other than the delay due to volume in accessing the download on the MOH website, I had no issue getting it in my Wallet and on my Watch.

44 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Did you go through the whole process again, downloading the document from the Ontario site using the grassroots app? Other than the delay due to volume in accessing the download on the MOH website, I had no issue getting it in my Wallet and on my Watch.

I did, yes, it shows as the updated version when I save to files but then when I add to wallet it appears are the previous form. Maybe I’ll try again. Thank you. 

ok, tried again still not showing up any different than the one I previously added…not sure what I’m doing wrong. 

Edited by Barwick Cruiser

14 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

I did, yes, it shows as the updated version when I save to files but then when I add to wallet it appears are the previous form. Maybe I’ll try again. Thank you. 

ok, tried again still not showing up any different than the one I previously added…not sure what I’m doing wrong. 

Did you save in your IPhone or another drive eg iCloud or Drive ? 

Edited by Airbalancer

1 hour ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Cathy

iOS 15.1 is supposed to be released next week. With it, you scan the new QR code with your camera and are given the option to store the information in both Health and Apple Wallet. The resulting Apple Wallet QR code is scannable by the Verify Ontario app. 

43 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

IIRC, I deleted the previous version from my Wallet first. You might want to give that a try.

27 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

IIRC, I deleted the previous version from my Wallet first. You might want to give that a try.

Just tried that…still shows as the old version in wallet…saves as the newer enhanced version in my downloads  but when I add to wallet doesn’t seem to work…sigh

38 minutes ago, ByThePond said:

iOS 15.1 is supposed to be released next week. With it, you scan the new QR code with your camera and are given the option to store the information in both Health and Apple Wallet. The resulting Apple Wallet QR code is scannable by the Verify Ontario app. 

I have already updated to 15, was actually able to do that last week. So I do have the older Ontario version in my wallet with a QR code that will work for local verification but was trying to attach the newer enhanced version to my wallet for future international travel. Thank you tho!

35 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

I have already updated to 15, was actually able to do that last week. So I do have the older Ontario version in my wallet with a QR code that will work for local verification but was trying to attach the newer enhanced version to my wallet for future international travel. Thank you tho!

Unless you have the public beta version of iOS 15.1, you probably have iOS 15.0.2, the most recent release. The release of the final version of iOS 15.1 won't be until Monday (rumoured release date).

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Unless you have the public beta version of iOS 15.1, you probably have iOS 15.0.2, the most recent release. The release of the final version of iOS 15.1 won't be until Monday (rumoured release date).

As usual, you are correct, I will wait until next week then and hopefully the new update will resolve my issues. 🤞

Thanks to all for the assistance! 

14 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

As usual, you are correct, I will wait until next week then and hopefully the new update will resolve my issues. 🤞

Thanks to all for the assistance! 

You're very welcome. 👍

11 hours ago, Evilmuffin said:

@ladysail2 @Sue from Canada

Thanks.  I managed to do it somehow.   Just saved it to my phone as a pdf.   I thought there would be more to it than that.

That’s great!  It was surprisingly easy for me to put into the Drive file too.  Just followed instructions, after printing it of course….in case it disappeared. 😊

We had a slight problem downloading ours yesterday (ALberta).  A practice run for when the revised one with the Canada symbol will be available to us at the end of November.

In the end I downloaded it from the health services site  to my windows desktop , saved as  a PDF file.  Then I send myself a mail with the PDF attachment.   Opened mail, saved the  PDF on my ipad, and then on my phone.   Fast/easy.  Good to go.  It seemed more complicated to load it on my spouses Samsung phone that it was on my 4 year Moto phone that has never been upgraded.  Both have wifi of course, neither have cellular data.

Apologies - I'm not from Ontario, but I appreciate this thread, its posters, and what I'm learning.  I'm in SK, and we've been using our provincial QR code in our SK Vax Wallet successfully for weeks.  It was a fairly easy process to access and the compatible provincial verifier app is great for businesses (or anybody - I got it to test if my husband's QR code works).  The day the new Government of Canada QR code was released, I again easily downloaded it from my health records.  However, it cannot be stored on the SK Vax Wallet (too bad) and I can't see any possible way to put it on the Apple Wallet yet (waiting for the software update, I guess?).  So I, too, saved it in my IPhone files.  But, as of now, who knows if that file copy is acceptable for scanning, showing as proof for a cruise, international flights, land travel, etc.?  Good thing I'm not travelling right now.  A friend who is flying to Mexico on Thursday has also stored it on his phone and is interested in seeing if/how it is checked, scanned, etc. on his trip.  For the time being, we're all keeping our provincial QR codes (with all pertinent info like number of and names of vaccines, dates, lot #s, location, etc.).  We also have kept all of our paper documentation, just in case.  Lastly, I feel confident in our provincial My Sask Health Record information, which has all of my vaccination information and can be easily accessed anywhere.

Wow, remember when travel was relatively easy?  I think those days are gone forever.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, zook50 said:

Apologies - I'm not from Ontario, but I appreciate this thread, its posters, and what I'm learning.  I'm in SK, and we've been using our provincial QR code in our SK Vax Wallet successfully for weeks.  It was a fairly easy process to access and the compatible provincial verifier app is great for businesses (or anybody - I got it to test if my husband's QR code works).  The day the new Government of Canada QR code was released, I again easily downloaded it from my health records.  However, it cannot be stored on the SK Vax Wallet (too bad) and I can't see any possible way to put it on the Apple Wallet yet (waiting for the software update, I guess?).  So I, too, saved it in my IPhone files.  But, as of now, who knows if that file copy is acceptable for scanning, showing as proof for a cruise, international flights, land travel, etc.?  Good thing I'm not travelling right now.  A friend who is flying to Mexico on Thursday has also stored it on his phone and is interested in seeing if/how it is checked, scanned, etc. on his trip.  For the time being, we're all keeping our provincial QR codes (with all pertinent info like number of and names of vaccines, dates, lot #s, location, etc.).  We also have kept all of our paper documentation, just in case.  Lastly, I feel confident in our provincial My Sask Health Record information, which has all of my vaccination information and can be easily accessed anywhere.

Wow, remember when travel was relatively easy?  I think those days are gone forever.

A couple of points. First of all, iOS 15.1 has now been released. I've got it downloading on my iPhone.

Secondly, do you have any experience with creating Shortcuts on your iPhone? I created one last week, and a single touch on the icon on my home screen opens the Ontario/Canada document with all the details plus the QR code.

I also have a version in my Wallet and on my Watch, but the software used only uploads the QR code. I prefer the Shortcuts approach. Here's a link to the sofware. Don't be put off by the name, as it now works with multiple provinces. https://grassroots.vaccine-ontario.ca/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

A couple of points. First of all, iOS 15.1 has now been released. I've got it downloading on my iPhone.

Secondly, do you have any experience with creating Shortcuts on your iPhone? I created one last week, and a single touch on the icon on my home screen opens the Ontario/Canada document with all the details plus the QR code.

I also have a version in my Wallet and on my Watch, but the software used only uploads the QR code. I prefer the Shortcuts approach. Here's a link to the sofware. Don't be put off by the name, as it now works with multiple provinces. https://grassroots.vaccine-ontario.ca/

This is why I really enjoy the Canadian specific topics!!  Thanks so much for the info and update.  I remember seeing the grassroots reference earlier, but I mistakenly assumed it was just for Ontario.  I will pass this info on to friends and family travelling, as well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Did you have to do anything different to get on your watch

it is not showing on my wife’s watch

I was having issues last week trying to add the new code to my Apple wallet and as a result contacted the good people at Grassroots for their advice. I received a very good response that indicated that the page showing the country and province wouldn’t be able to be added to the wallet through their site as it potentially could have caused issues with government verification. I can post the contents of the letter here if anyone is interested in reading it. I’ve downloaded the latest receipt to my Notes file on my phone and in the wallet I still have the QR code and info that was released a couple weeks ago. 

55 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

Did you have to do anything different to get on your watch

it is not showing on my wife’s watch

Nothing different. When I used grassroots to download the document and place it in the Wallet, it automatically appeared on the Watch as well. This afternoon I actually deleted it (purposefully) and repeated the exercise without an issue so it's back in my Wallet and on my Watch.

On the other hand, with iOS 15.1, you can easily add it to your Health app and Wallet, which I've done, but so far it won't appear on my Watch. I suspect this might be a bug and will see if I can track down a solution.

All things considered, for ease of access on the iPhone, I like my Shortcuts approach the best. For the Watch, the grassroots solution is the only one that works so far.

Edited by Fouremco

6 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I have also gone the shortcuts approach. I have downloaded iOS 15.1 but I still can’t see how to get it into Apple Wallet. 

You will need to have the QR code visible on another device or printed. Then using the iPhone Camera app, scan the QR code. You should then see a pop up asking if you would like to add the record to your Health app and your Wallet. Respond and it will add to both locations.

The only thing I've noticed is that when you view it in the Wallet, it only shows my Given and Middle names. I'm not sure if this is purposeful or a bug, but I'll use my Shortcuts until I can find the answer. If you can get it into your Wallet, let us know what happens with your names.