New Ontario Vaccine Receipts With QR

Fouremco

19 hours ago, Fouremco said:

For now, I've simply photographed the QR code and stored it on my iPhone, then tested it with the Verify Ontario app. I will carry a copy of the document until I see whether businesses in. Quebec can read it.

The grassroots website says it supports the new documentation. I haven’t tried it yet as I can’t get mine until tomorrow.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cg52 said:

The grassroots website says it supports the new documentation. I haven’t tried it yet as I can’t get mine until tomorrow.

Excellent. I see they released an update last night. I'll try it this afternoon. Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

For easy access to my QR code, for anyone with an iPhone, I used the instructions on the website below to use the Shortcuts app to put an icon on my first screen called "Vaccination" and when I touch it the screen shot of my QR code comes up.  The code in the screenshot seems to scan (using another iphone at least), but we don't have widespread scanning yet, so I'm not sure.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/09/22/heres-how-to-add-your-vaccination-record-as-shortcut-ios-15/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just tried to get mine (February birthday) and it turns out if you didn't get yours on the one day that had your month, you have to wait until Monday when they are available for everyone. If it was available yesterday I'm sure it's still in their system somewhere! How silly. 

46 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

I just tried to get mine (February birthday) and it turns out if you didn't get yours on the one day that had your month, you have to wait until Monday when they are available for everyone. If it was available yesterday I'm sure it's still in their system somewhere! How silly. 

🤣😭

8 hours ago, Ginnyfyr said:

I got mine this morning. As a December birthday I'm glad I didn't have to compete with all the on-timers in the September to December cohort AND all the January to August procrastinators too! 😊

29 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

I got mine this morning. As a December birthday I'm glad I didn't have to compete with all the on-timers in the September to December cohort AND all the January to August procrastinators too! 😊

I think they should Sept to Dec first, as they usually get screwed over  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm glad I downloaded the receipts a couple weeks ago for everyone. We have them saved on computer and phones and printed. 

My parents don't own cell phones so I made them a wallet sized double sided sheet with both dose 1 and dose 2, plus full size paper in a sheet protector. 

Is there any reason I should print their QR codes for them?  They barely go anywhere but the grocery & drug stores, don't goto restaurants etc as dad's health is poor.   

I'll ask the kids to help me get the QR code for my iphone 6s and hubby's Blackberry.  🙄.  The photo of the code sounds like the easiest for us.  I don't use the apple wallet or health app at all.   I'm getting to the equivalent stage of the  flashing vcr unfortunately!!!   🤣🤣

Thanks for all the info!! 

46 minutes ago, cruisintoddler said:

My parents don't own cell phones so I made them a wallet sized double sided sheet with both dose 1 and dose 2, plus full size paper in a sheet protector. 

Is there any reason I should print their QR codes for them?  They barely go anywhere but the grocery & drug stores, don't goto restaurants etc as dad's health is poor.   

I would download the new certificates. If they have medical appointments or want to visit someone in a hospital or congregate care facility the QR version will likely make things easier.

Edited by broberts
  • Like 2

On 10/15/2021 at 9:41 PM, Fouremco said:

The Apple Health app will accept the information, but to access the QR code you have to first open the app, find the vaccine folder, then dig down several levels to get to the code. It's not a viable replacement for a display app.

On the other hand, the privately developed grassroots app was so much better, as you placed the QR code in your Apple Wallet. You just opened the Wallet, tapped on the Vaccine Receipt and there was the QR code. Not only that, but with just two clicks I can call it up on on my Apple watch, no need to even get my iPhone out. Too bad Ontario didn't hire the developers of this far more user friendly system. Unfortunately, their solution was intended to be a stop-gap measure until Ontario got up and running and will expire on October 22.

Consequently, I'm waiting for an Ontario display app, just like you. 

iOS 15.1 (currently in beta) allows you to scan the Ontario QR code and store it in Apple Wallet. 

20 minutes ago, ByThePond said:

iOS 15.1 (currently in beta) allows you to scan the Ontario QR code and store it in Apple Wallet. 

Good to know. I was happy with the initial grassroots app, and will try the updated version tomorrow.

I guess it’s time for me to get with the times.   I have all the latest gadgets, iphone, Ipad Pro, Apple Watch, etc, etc but don’t bother to use them to their full capacity.    My son is off in University so my go-to it guy is not available.  

@Fouremco   You seem to be pretty up on all this stuff.    You wouldn’t happen to live in the west end?   LOL.  I need a mentor for all this techy stuff.   🙂

21 minutes ago, Evilmuffin said:

I guess it’s time for me to get with the times.   I have all the latest gadgets, iphone, Ipad Pro, Apple Watch, etc, etc but don’t bother to use them to their full capacity.    My son is off in University so my go-to it guy is not available.  

@Fouremco   You seem to be pretty up on all this stuff.    You wouldn’t happen to live in the west end?   LOL.  I need a mentor for all this techy stuff.   🙂

Here the website https://grassroots.vaccine-ontario.ca, they have a link to video demo 

3 hours ago, Evilmuffin said:

So sorry, far east end, almost in Cumberland. :classic_sad: But always happy to answer any questions here.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ByThePond said:

But the Ontario QR code is a PDF file and I didn’t think you could scan a PDF to the wallet.  I’m no techie so maybe I’m wrong.  Oops I’m wrong - I was thinking if locking something in my “notes”. Like I said, I’m no techie

Edited by thon

On 10/18/2021 at 7:21 AM, Evilmuffin said:

LOL.  I need a mentor for all this techy stuff.   🙂

Any neighbours with an 8 or 9 yr old, LOL.     Miraculously, I was able to load ( don’t know if it was up or down) the QR code info into an icon on phone called Drive.  It’s still there too!  As a back up, I made a few paper copies.  

On 10/18/2021 at 7:21 AM, Evilmuffin said:

I'm in the Alta Vista area.  One company I also use for computer problems, teaching etc. is CompuHome.  You can google them.  I highly recommend.