How hard would it be to transfer from Port of Miami to Port Everglades for back to back cruises

misguy

I have cruise out of Port Everglades scheduled on Princess, and I have the option of doing a Virgin cruise that arrives back in Miami the same day Princess sails.  Is that a viable option or not?

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, susiesan said:

Will Uber from MIA airport hotel to Port Everglades be $50 also? This will be on a Monday 11/29, not too many ships sailing that day. and the uber drivers shouldn't be overloaded.

Pre-covid yes.  I haven't heard if it has increased since cruising resumed.  Try the Uber price estimator at https://www.uber.com/global/en/price-estimate/

Just remember one thing timing of the turnaround depending on your month of sailing. It might be our snowbird season with extra traffic. They are already starting to come back. But very easy to do as others have said about 45 minutes port to port depending on the traffic. Weekends are pretty easy traffic unless the Dolphins have a game then a little heavier.

Kathy

On 10/27/2021 at 4:35 PM, misguy said:

I have cruise out of Port Everglades scheduled on Princess, and I have the option of doing a Virgin cruise that arrives back in Miami the same day Princess sails.  Is that a viable option or not?

i did that on celebrity.

got off at port miami 7am, embarked at port everglades same day.

~45min travel, depending on traffic

Depending on how many people in your party, it would proabably be cheaper with a shuttle service. We used SAS and it was $15 pp from FLL to MIA. I belive they may have even picked us up at the Port everglades. It was a few years ago but I am using them for POM to FLL in January and the price is the same. We had no problems with them.

Good Luck!

On 11/12/2021 at 11:19 AM, musiconthesea said:

Depending on how many people in your party, it would proabably be cheaper with a shuttle service. We used SAS and it was $15 pp from FLL to MIA. I belive they may have even picked us up at the Port everglades. It was a few years ago but I am using them for POM to FLL in January and the price is the same. We had no problems with them.

Good Luck!

sas website says they dont pick up from pom after your cruise unless you were dropped off there by them before your cruise?

Does anyone have experience going from the Port Everglades cruise terminal to PBI airport (West Palm Beach)?  Is this doable?  Information on approx. travel time and if Uber/Lyft are viable options to get there would be appreciated. 

@Hawkeye78Depending on the time of day, it is about an hour drive straight up I-95 with the caveat that it will be longer during the morning rush hour and if there are any accidents along the route the timing can go out the window (although there is an alternative route if not already stuck in the traffic - the Florida Turnpike).  I would check the Uber estimator:   https://www.uber.com/global/en/price-estimate/

What time is the flight you are considering?

Edited by capriccio

20 minutes ago, Hawkeye78 said:

I'm considering a flight that leaves PBI around 2:15 PM.  Realistic? 

I wouldn't have a problem booking that time.  You could depart the ship around 9 or 9:30 and that way avoid the morning rush on I-95 northbound and still have plenty of time. 

PBI is a relatively small airport so not lots to do but it is also much calmer than FLL.  We are halfway between the two and our kids much prefer to fly into and out of PBI.