Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

6 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

I do know Aqualina was closed on White Night.

But you can order from that menu in Prime C if you’re not a meat eater 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

But you can order from that menu in Prime C if you’re not a meat eater 

JUst a side note... we were in AQ two nights ago, and asked to see the Prime C menu.  The assistant restaurant manager ( i.e., not a low level staffer) reluctantly got one for us, then told us we could not order from it, because "the ship was too full and that would stress the galley" (!!?!!)  The ship has only about 500+ passengers, and we have been able to cross-order on all other ships on any cruise we were on before.   Don't know why he said it, but     be aware...

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, DS said:

JUst a side note... we were in AQ two nights ago, and asked to see the Prime C menu.  The assistant restaurant manager ( i.e., not a low level staffer) reluctantly got one for us, then told us we could not order from it, because "the ship was too full and that would stress the galley" (!!?!!)  The ship has only about 500+ passengers, and we have been able to cross-order on all other ships on any cruise we were on before.   Don't know why he said it, but     be aware...

I do it all the time. I do not eat cow or lamb. I get any starter or side I want always 

2 hours ago, DS said:

I wouldn’t ask any night other than White Night when Aqualina is closed. I have commented before it does indeed mess up the galley on nights when both restaurants are open so I’m glad it’s being discouraged. I don’t support the view you should expect to be accommodated for your preference on normal service. If you don’t eat red meat, eat in Aqualina 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, uktog said:

I wouldn’t ask any night other than White Night when Aqualina is closed. I have commented before it does indeed mess up the galley on nights when both restaurants are open so I’m glad it’s being discouraged. I don’t support the view you should expect to be accommodated for your preference on normal service. If you don’t eat red meat, eat in Aqualina 

Just like Robin, we have often done it  (I especially like the PC KFC appetizer, even when in AQ).   So it took me by surprise when we were sternly rejected...

57 minutes ago, DS said:

Just like Robin, we have often done it  (I especially like the PC KFC appetizer, even when in AQ).   So it took me by surprise when we were sternly rejected...

The problem is the practice impacts on service levels for other guests. Ok a change but if it means more timely meals for others a fair one 

• Like 5

Hi all.  Would like to get together with fellow divers that will be on the next two legs (Lima to Auckland) to see if we should plan some dives together.  I've already corresponded with a couple of folks, and a number of dive ops on the way as to availability with the ship's schedule.  Please leave us a note if you are interested. 

Svirsky 602 

3 hours ago, ssvirsky said:

Hi all.  Would like to get together with fellow divers that will be on the next two legs (Lima to Auckland) to see if we should plan some dives together.  I've already corresponded with a couple of folks, and a number of dive ops on the way as to availability with the ship's schedule.  Please leave us a note if you are interested. 

Svirsky 602 

Good idea to post this on the roll call too.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2024 at 5:17 PM, DS said:

I walked into dinner Abd cheddar made me something with chicken I do not eat four legged animals abd cut down on chicken. With G coming I will try even more foods. They are working on new dinner,wine dinner and special event. Thet do not want us bored.

Hopefully with the new menus and new choices people will then be able to stick to the selection of the particular speciality they are dining in or alternatively if they have dietary restrictions pre order the day before as they ask you to do. 
That way everyone will get a speciality service experience😀

• Like 3

1 hour ago, uktog said:or alternatively if they have dietary restrictions pre order the day before as they ask you to do. 

If possible, pre-ordering is the most efficient and most thoughtful way to go.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nordski said:

If possible, pre-ordering is the most efficient and most thoughtful way to go.

Those who have dietary restrictions (as opposed to dietary preferences) do it all the time and you’re right it’s not only efficient but shows thought and respect for fellow travellers 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 3

On 1/15/2024 at 7:12 PM, DS said:

Kitchens on a ship, probably more so than on land have to be very organised in a relatively tight space. They have a system and if you are being told by someone in the restaurant that it causes difficulties then that's probably how it is. I don't think there is a precedent. 

Personally I feel that unless you have dietary requirements and let the restaurants know in advance or they tell you it's ok to order something off menu then the special ordering is a nonsense.  A bit of thought for the crew and other guests. 

Phil 

• Like 13

If I could use one word to describe our 1st segment of the world voyage it would be perfect.

We enjoyed our overnight in Lima and are now on our 2,300 nautical mile sailing to Easter Island.

Martin Lawson and Roy our Cruise Director and Asst. CD boarded yesterday replacing Eric. 
When we started the cruise there was sadness onboard with Captain Carl and Eric both losing their father’s right before the start of the World Voyage. Their loyalty to duty prevailed.

Our census has increased this segment from 530 to 597.

Off to trivia. Life is good on Onward.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, aliaschief said:

If I could use one word to describe our 1st segment of the world voyage it would be perfect.

We enjoyed our overnight in Lima and are now on our 2,300 nautical mile sailing to Easter Island.

Martin Lawson and Roy our Cruise Director and Asst. CD boarded yesterday replacing Eric. 
When we started the cruise there was sadness onboard with Captain Carl and Eric both losing their father’s right before the start of the World Voyage. Their loyalty to duty prevailed.

Our census has increased this segment from 530 to 597.

Off to trivia. Life is good on Onward.

So glad to hear that you are enjoying a perfect cruise!

We are sooo looking forward to segment 4!!

Will Martin and Roy be on segment 4?

Is dress onboard the usual or a bit more dressy?

Thank you for the update.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruizer Diana said:

So glad to hear that you are enjoying a perfect cruise!

We are sooo looking forward to segment 4!!

Will Martin and Roy be on segment 4?

Is dress onboard the usual or a bit more dressy?

Thank you for the update.

Martin and Roy should still be here. I believe Eric returns in April.

Dress has been the usual country club casual.

Looking forward to seeing you and Bill again. Bruce & Susan

16 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Excellent. Thank you for the info.

Counting down....  Diana

On 1/18/2024 at 4:01 AM, uktog said:

Hopefully with the new menus and new choices people will then be able to stick to the selection of the particular speciality they are dining in or alternatively if they have dietary restrictions pre order the day before as they ask you to do. 

Always do order day before. 
But I eat  off both menus for starters but no mains anymore in Prime C.they ruin the veggie one And I use to love it.  The daily specials can be good too.

18 hours ago, aliaschief said:

If nothing changes Eric back March 22nd. Or close to it. Captain I think gone into April. 

4 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Last night’s Arabic Chef’s Table on Onward was very good.

image.thumb.jpeg.69cbf0bea94e53fc362cd585911b9fe5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ef4672381506852784c97bb46ad494e8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.215ee1ef0e37e158806d124c666455bd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.55a5223a9bac291d5bf2e8c79be01334.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.107152dfd9b9b66cd9d6d26036920ed2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.058c7a94ceba23c749885053edbbd18a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fd45d9ac515ea258d493fdea45d6c5b9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8b5641c0ff3e88e0a5a9b0bdb2368651.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.45ce632b41a8cf37ef3d802fb0b7385f.jpeg

Looks delightful!  Did they get a good crowd to enjoy?  I've heard that sometimes if it's not French, they sometimes have to cancel or reschedule for lack of diners.

52 minutes ago, mdeegooden said:

Looks delightful!  Did they get a good crowd to enjoy?  I've heard that sometimes if it's not French, they sometimes have to cancel or reschedule for lack of diners.

Had enough they had two tables. One in Aqualina and one in Prime.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

A wonderful evening Al Fresco by Onward pool tonight. A set menu with fish or beef. Really enjoyed and no extra fee.

image.thumb.jpeg.ecb1536db5874a18cca1ec6254075b3c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1bbb46cae796472b916756b02488cce0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bc4f8d7070c2f531cadae3b220c0742b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1ccf6a6bfa6bd66617db0b6b45792df2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ad566bd93615850aa0846631b97893dd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c0aa3a8e903ab8e3ff99782db2b6f8f3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.964e235ccc92a7c29ccd8d72ac863622.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f903241431129e71f7112d237d00ad0b.jpeg

Seeing this really makes me appreciate AZ.  Such a different experience from the other lines we've sailed, and how nice to create community among the pax!  Looking so forward to being back on board!  I do understand why AZ has such a loyal following.

• Like 3