Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

7 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Further follow up today with the top barrister and he said no to Chai Tea. So just wanted to correct my previous post. 

Thank you so much for double checking!! 

Just now, LuAnn said:

Thank you so much for double checking!! 

If one could bring Thai chi flavoring they can boil water and do latte so me thinks there could be a comprise to your Thai Chi Tea request.

The crew bends over backwards to meet your wants and needs, We have been spoiled rotten!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, aliaschief said:

If one could bring Thai chi flavoring they can boil water and do latte so me thinks there could be a comprise to your Thai Chi Tea request.

The crew bends over backwards to meet your wants and needs, We have been spoiled rotten!

Good idea. I do have a canned mixture I could bring. Or I can try and buy the liquid version from Tazo when I get to MIA. Thanks again!! 

Loved reading all about your world adventure.  Thanks for sharing.  I just spotted on ship tracker that Onward is in Corfu Town.  We are a little up the coast in a cottage on Agni Bay and will give the ship a wave as you journey up the channel later.  Enjoy White Night!

• Like 4

Just now, Werangels said:

Loved reading all about your world adventure.  Thanks for sharing.  I just spotted on ship tracker that Onward is in Corfu Town.  We are a little up the coast in a cottage on Agni Bay and will give the ship a wave as you journey up the channel later.  Enjoy White Night!

We’ll leave the light on!😁

I believe sail-away is 8:00 PM

• Like 2

On 5/26/2024 at 6:40 AM, aliaschief said:

Just about time for Pilot to board as we arrive in La Goulette , Tunisia. Enjoying a beautiful day and a pool side BBQ. We have a tour to Carthage at 2:30.

Tonight we have dinner with our host Lee W. and the crew will enjoy a well deserved dinner in Prime C.

Today ninety cruise members will join the ship. In Venice we will have 670 guest onboard which will be our largest guest population on the ship of any segment.

image.thumb.jpeg.2941f1338835a6270fabcb904d35db61.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1521c21ba124d425e0a1722ae4cae503.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5b1aa494dba9d808d87d7835afc3bdfd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b4c4d39645c6b3fa0d68e1698e723f0c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.73a65f7f71aaf8a99778f92775da28cc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5269cc1fbb103b7274cd3b0185f22c19.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3f9b563c0d49da240fd56650d5d65e5d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.28960750f99c174ffc1bb3d5c46b0a0e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.22fa74be09387e0db97d7f9c5fbdd011.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c8dd976777444f3e852ff40a7b147920.jpeg

Very curious about what your experience what Tunisia was like. We will be there on Onward in the fall. We have an all day tour scheduled but we’re interested also in what the area was like where you docked. Was there anything to explore there?

Just now, loafin said:

Very curious about what your experience what Tunisia was like. We will be there on Onward in the fall. We have an all day tour scheduled but we’re interested also in what the area was like where you docked. Was there anything to explore there?

We did a ship excursion of the ancient ruins. Interesting. Also traveled through Capitol city Tunis and old city Medina area which seats the government and the old Souk (Market).

Others just walked around on their own and also stated they enjoyed. We had limited time there but on a regular visit there would probably be more time and options.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Xcelsior said:

Does anyone happen to know or have any insight regarding who will be captain and cruise director on the Onward in September?

I don't know about the CD, but Capt G should be on Onward in September. He's supposed to board in Oslo in July.

Today is a sea day as we sail to Sorrento tomorrow. Here on the Onward, with only five days remaining we are savoring every moment.

Just counting our Blessings that we have the means to do such a wonderful adventure.

Looking forward to our next Azamara cruise on Journey in January; back to backs around South America, Antarctica, Rio Carnival and Amazon. Miami to Miami.

Quest Montreal to Barbados Oct. 25.

Love the Azamara experience.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Today is a sea day as we sail to Sorrento tomorrow. Here on the Onward, with only five days remaining we are savoring every moment.

Just counting our Blessings that we have the means to do such a wonderful adventure.

Looking forward to our next Azamara cruise on Journey in January; back to backs around South America, Antarctica, Rio Carnival and Amazon. Miami to Miami.

Quest Montreal to Barbados Oct. 25.

Love the Azamara experience.

Thank you for your posts.  We board on Sunday.  Do you know who is the captain then?

• Like 1

Aliaschief… Let me join others in thanking you for the very enjoyable trip you have taken us all on.  It truly was (hopefully!) a trip of a lifetime!   We were with you on legs1-3 (FLL to Auckland), and would have liked the opportunity to rejoin for the “detour.”  I’m sure Azamara made some kind of business calculation about # of continuing passengers and reducing the crew, vs allowing others to join.  Not sure we would have done it, but would have liked the chance to consider it!

From your and other’s reports, Azamara sure made some sweet lemonade from this sour situation!

As others have discussed here, and on other boards, there has been concern in the past about the ONWARD crew and their ability to project the Azamara “spirit” that we all know and love from other ships.   Indeed, our previous cruises on the ONWARD left this impression: nothing was done wrong, just something undefinable was missing.  Some of that was still there on legs 1-3.    But I sense that something has changed.

Just as you the passengers had a unique experience, so too did the crew.    Their efforts, which you documented, on new activities, new dining options, new entertainment (although some with “old” personalities, which we would have enjoyed), and other things, show some evidence of the crew coming together and projecting spirit like they haven’t before.   Here’s hoping that it continues and transfers to regular cruises with a full ship.   Kudos to Elizabeth the HD (the only constant in the senior ranks, I think??), who I suspect, had a big hand in this effort.

P.S.    Where in Florida?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

The Onward crew put on a nice event for World Voyagers this morning. A French Champagne breakfast on deck 11 forward as we sailed into Monte Carlo harbor. French Champagne and fancy breakfast type appetizers. A chance to say goodbye to the friends we have meant and spent most of this year with.

We were able to dock in harbor amongst the mega yachts and there has been quite the parade of mega yachts coming and going.

I have enjoyed sharing this wonderful voyage with all of you. The crew has been fantastic and if your booked on Onward rest assured your in for a treat. I would highly recommend an Azamara World Voyage if you’re Blessed like us and have the time and means to do so.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.6f24d477560dcafd77aacbbbef60722e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b4eec01a4ccaf5e25385d2fbc9af02d0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.33b64b71a1bff77a4cf29001d4ac681c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7cf9574c97da2eef9c845cf9dfa736c0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9106a352af73b4e0675d9537eb2a838f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a190aadd2c228c26792e5000a05d5f1b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.de99072652b54a00036dfadef157714d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e44f5cfc679559418d6ab4623ca0a236.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3