Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

6 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Here on Onward it’s just another sea day. We are currently cruising along around 16 Knots on a rather smooth Indian Ocean. We are around 250 nautical miles above the equator and hundreds of miles off the Somalia coast.

We attended our astronomer lecture and have just enjoyed a lunch at the Patio.

The weather has not been good for pool lovers with clouds and occasional showers. That has caused tonights’s dinner under the sky to be held in Windows. Only bar open tonight is Living Room but I would presume tonight’s Cabaret show of the Other Guys one will have drink options. Tonight their show is entitled Legends of Rock and Roll.

Tony Marky gave a lecture yesterday on the Pursuit’s Cruise to Nowhere which was entertaining.

We all were told up front that this would be a different cruise experience if we elected to stay onboard. For someone who needs lot’s of activities this would be hard. For us a good book and passing sea and conversations with our World Voyage family works for us. 
From what we have heard total crew is down about 97 Culinary down 45.

Hear they are touching up and repair work in some of the empty cabins.

That’s the way it is on the beautiful Onward. Bruce

Were people who stayed onboard offered any upgrade to their cabin?

Just now, excitedofharpenden said:

I'd recognise that bald head anywhere! Milan is such a nice guy. 

Phil 

In a mass practice emergency drill yesterday Milan was deceased but miraculously arose and back to his wonderful service. Agree he is a great ambassador for Azamara.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

In a mass practice emergency drill yesterday Milan was deceased but miraculously arose and back to his wonderful service. Agree he is a great ambassador for Azamara.

I remember our first time meeting him when he was on his first contract as an assistant waiter 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, uktog said:

I remember our first time meeting him when he was on his first contract as an assistant waiter 

Cream rises to the top.

In 2008 or 2009 Ryszard Guzman was a restaurant manager and Ngawhira Fleet headed Guest Relations.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Today we did a short stay in Port Louis, Mauritius. Basically a fuel stop but we did manage to go ashore for a whirlwind tour. Getting ready to sail for another four days at sea before Port Stanley.

Last night’s dinner under the stars was nice and we enjoyed a couple songs from the Marky’s.

image.thumb.jpeg.c981c3396c76f3555ce53cfaa0c6a7d4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d19d27c38e2bfb48fb74054f1058882c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0ec6eceef32e8c7d0ffca2597d6d1e25.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e8d629b51f4768cd3837fab895c1efbe.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2c312fbe77811d0ff2aaa8d9b3a99a71.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bb90b011005b32a9775fb2134a55662c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3b779dd3eeb7cf5e0bad1d20cbb0974b.jpeg

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Today we did a short stay in Port Louis, Mauritius. Basically a fuel stop but we did manage to go ashore for a whirlwind tour. Getting ready to sail for another four days at sea before Port Stanley.

Last night’s dinner under the stars was nice and we enjoyed a couple songs from the Marky’s.

image.thumb.jpeg.c981c3396c76f3555ce53cfaa0c6a7d4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d19d27c38e2bfb48fb74054f1058882c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0ec6eceef32e8c7d0ffca2597d6d1e25.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e8d629b51f4768cd3837fab895c1efbe.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2c312fbe77811d0ff2aaa8d9b3a99a71.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bb90b011005b32a9775fb2134a55662c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3b779dd3eeb7cf5e0bad1d20cbb0974b.jpeg

Sounds as if this is really going to be cruise to remember!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Bruce its Port Elizabeth not Port Stanley. 

• Haha 3

I’m following the Onward on CruiseMapper, it says pretty high waves - sounds like a diet day to me 🤢. Please have a drink or two and have  fun riding the waves. 
safe travels to port Elizabeth and thank you so much for the informations - we really appreciate 

🙏

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

@aliaschief
apologises for hijacking this thread, but looking for info from you. I see that you were on Azamara last year when it visited Nantes. We will be visiting there next month on Quest and there is some confusion over where Azamara will dock. Did you dock at Saint Nazaire which is about 40 miles from Nantes? Azamara has given this info to someone on the roll call that it is SN or did you manage to get further down the river to Nantes itself?  Which would be the answer we are hoping for ! 
You mentioned in one of your posts how locals lined the shoreside watching you sail in, so possibly you managed to get nearer to Nantes? 

Any info would be helpful . Thankyou in advance. 

Edited by combine
  • Like 1

Just now, combine said:

@aliaschief
apologises for hijacking this thread, but looking for info from you. I see that you were on Azamara last year when it visited Nantes. We will be visiting there next month on Quest and there is some confusion over where Azamara will dock. Did you dock at Saint Nazaire which is about 40 miles from Nantes? Azamara has given this info to someone on the roll call that it is SN or did you manage to get further down the river to Nantes itself?  Which would be the answer we are hoping for ! 
You mentioned in one of your posts how locals lined the shoreside watching you sail in, so possibly you managed to get nearer to Nantes? 

Any info would be helpful . Thankyou in advance. 

I remember the locals lined up on shoreline and after that we docked and not longer after that is where we docked. Small  port so figure that is where we docked. We’ve been to so many ports since. I believe we docked in Nantes.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

I remember the locals lined up on shoreline and after that we docked and not longer after that is where we docked. Small  port so figure that is where we docked. We’ve been to so many ports since. I believe we docked in Nantes.

Thankyou , we are all hoping it’s Nantes. 🙏. It may all become clear nearer the time. Appreciate your reply . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

The Onward Atlas Bar team. Marion, Jeffrey and Joemar. The best!

image.thumb.jpeg.6a347af4a722b6e17e99feaa05a663e7.jpeg

Do they have any non alcoholic offerings in this bar? 

On 5/1/2024 at 3:44 AM, roberts2005 said:

Were people who stayed onboard offered any upgrade to their cabin?

I have people next to move inna big suite. I am sure it cost a lot. I looked into a but shower as I was hurt and mine hard to use.offer was stupid just to shower.

5 hours ago, Roel94 said:

I have people next to move inna big suite. I am sure it cost a lot. I looked into a but shower as I was hurt and mine hard to use.offer was stupid just to shower.

What ???

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, combine said:

Thankyou , we are all hoping it’s Nantes. 🙏. It may all become clear nearer the time. Appreciate your reply . 

It was a great cruise on Journey. We really enjoyed the intensive Spain and France cruises. Enjoy.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, DS said:

What ???

I looked into moving for a better shower. But the price to shower in a  handicap cabin,,after falling..was a stupid amount. Another couple moved into 6088..large suite ..they paid for that move big time.and I am sure they have to move  out as  ship is full or close to from Venice.