Thinking About Switching to Celebrity Rev-A

cruiseracer

My earlier thread on this subject was pulled for reasons I'll never know. Due to the mask uncertainty, we're looking at Celebrity. Long time NCL, RCI, CCL cruisers - heard that Celebrity does not require masks onboard their ships in the U.S. and may have a reasonable loyalty program. Many of you provided excellent advice, that is unfortunately gone.  

We're non-smoking, middle-aged professionals working toward retirement, enjoy music, socializing, dancing, occasional gambling, light drinkers and appreciate a clean ship. Is Celebrity a good fit? Thanks (again) in advance.

10 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

My earlier thread on this subject was pulled for reasons I'll never know. Due to the mask uncertainty, we're looking at Celebrity. Long time NCL, RCI, CCL cruisers - heard that Celebrity does not require masks onboard their ships in the U.S. and may have a reasonable loyalty program. Many of you provided excellent advice, that is unfortunately gone.  

We're non-smoking, middle-aged professionals working toward retirement, enjoy music, socializing, dancing, occasional gambling, light drinkers and appreciate a clean ship. Is Celebrity a good fit? Thanks (again) in advance.

Pending the sailing and ship, no hard and fast rule, currently.

Hopefully your bubble is not broken or inflated or otherwise deflated.

There are a few threads about this, specifically, and a few from those aboard various X ships.

bon voyage

bon voyage

• Thanks 1

It sounds like a good fit.  At the very least, it sounds like you would have a very good time on Celebrity.  

It is true that, at the moment, Celebrity ships sailing from the USA do not require masks while on board.  I'm confident that they are doing everything they can to stay that way, too.  Personally, I'm not bothered by wearing a mask, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy not wearing one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think you will enjoy the experience.    Give it a try and decide for yourself.  

In general I find cruisers on Celebrity to be very friendly and most guest acknowledge each other when passing something that doesn't happen in my home town.   Staff are exceptional and the ship is spotless.   Hand railings and touch surfaces are constantly being wiped with disinfectant and there are wipes and sanitation stations everywhere. 

While masks are not required in the U.S. at this time you will find 10-15% of passengers that choose to wear them both inside and outside.    The crew wear masks at all time and are tested every 7 days.

I've done 2 B2B's in the past 2 months and felt very safe.   

We chose to arrange private tours by Celebrity Journey's as many of the ships tours didn't appear to provide adequate social distancing and many did not adhere to the mask requirements

• Like 1

You will certainly experience a different vibe on X. Nothing is in-your-face but more like a subtle invitation to enjoy the overall presentation. A Celebrity ship's environment offers plenty to do, or nothing at all. Certainly no raucous goings-on from which there seems to be no escape.

Expect a relaxing getaway with the typical good food and excellent service. If a no-mask policy would be your only reason to try Celebrity, once onboard and whether masked or not, you'll return for more X rated experiences....masked or not. 

• Like 2