PSA - Covid Tests in Ohio

Buckeyefrank100

I just learned yesterday that in the state of Ohio, local libraries should have a stock of the BinaxNow test kits available for free.  I assume what is in stock is the December expiration kits, but they include the proctoring information so they should be able to be used for cruising.  Just walk in and ask for them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

I just learned yesterday that in the state of Ohio, local libraries should have a stock of the BinaxNow test kits available for free.  I assume what is in stock is the December expiration kits, but they include the proctoring information so they should be able to be used for cruising.  Just walk in and ask for them.

Thank you for the info. We ran over to the library and picked ours up. I would just like to add one correction (at least for the Hilliard OH branch). They want you to drive up and call a number that is listed on a board they have. We just walked in and I asked the librarian behind the desk if they had any Covid tests. I never saw anyone jump back so fast in my life haha. I told her we just needed them for travel. She was very nice, but I think I scared her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Please keep in mind that you need the tests that are telehealth, not just the standard home tests.

A number of posts regarding the lucky people in Ohio who are getting the correct the telehealth  tests free from their libraries.  

Wish all states would step up and do the same….

😁😁

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Please keep in mind that you need the tests that are telehealth, not just the standard home tests.

the tests that the libraries in Ohio give out are the telehealth ones. We have been using them at work also for people who have to do the weekly testing.

41 minutes ago, ajm said:

My wife just picked up some of these yesterday from a library (in Ohio) and the expiration dates were November 5.  Already expired.  I'm not sure if they will be accepted or not.

I thought they were accepting the tests up to 90 days past the expiration dates? Why else would they be distributing them?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

A number of posts regarding the lucky people in Ohio who are getting the correct the telehealth  tests free from their libraries.  

Wish all states would step up and do the same….

😁😁

Abbott/Ross Labs are based in central Ohio, might be why we're getting this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ajm said:

My wife just picked up some of these yesterday from a library (in Ohio) and the expiration dates were November 5.  Already expired.  I'm not sure if they will be accepted or not.

It should have the extended expiration date, you can compare lot numbers https://www.emed.com/hubfs/Case 01269955-COL-03030 BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Home Test Product Expiry Update - Customer Letter EN - US.pdf?hsLang=en

20 minutes ago, CookieShip said:

Thank you for posting. We have the 11/5/2021 expiration date and the lot number is on your list. Good until 2/5/2022 with the 90 day extension.

42 minutes ago, mondello said:

Thank you for posting. We have the 11/5/2021 expiration date and the lot number is on your list. Good until 2/5/2022 with the 90 day extension.

Seriously good until 2/5/22?  That's when our cruise leaves.  I was planning on waiting for a new shipment but I might go over and secure our tests now.  Thanks for the heads up.

3 hours ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

Seriously good until 2/5/22?  That's when our cruise leaves.  I was planning on waiting for a new shipment but I might go over and secure our tests now.  Thanks for the heads up.

According to the list in post #12.

On 11/9/2021 at 9:48 AM, Buckeyefrank100 said:

Major thanks to the OP...saved me $200 in testing fees for a trip (non-cruise) I am taking in January.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 7:58 AM, CookieShip said:

You are correct, the dates have been extended.  Wish I hadn't already bought a set since it appears the free ones from the library are good.  Guess I have backups if I need them