Trading Elite mini-bar for water or soda

BlufftonCruisers

1 hour ago, BlufftonCruisers said:

I’m wondering how many bottles of water you get if you trade in your mini bar. Also, if you decide to get soda instead, how many cans do you receive in exchange for the mini bar in cabin? Thank you.

We receive 10 alcoholic & 10 non-alcoholic beverages…call room service for exchanges. You’d get (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water in exchange but that’s much less than the value of the minibar. You can preorder 12-packs of 0.5 liter bottles of water for $7.08 which makes an all water exchange for the minibar worth less than $10. 

Question:What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer:Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each ofCognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2)12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ouncebottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question:What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer:If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will behappy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

• Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis
  • Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards
  • All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water
  • Like 1

We like more in room water bottles also.

Since we get the Bev pkg, and everything can be delivered now,

we just order whatever drink we want.

For the Elite bar setup:

We bring a small ziplock bag for all the liquors on top of the Frig.

Pack in the suitcase, and give them to a friend of family member.

I take the inside minibar frig, and we keep the water bottles & Perriers.

Then tradeout the other beverages (beer, cokes) for MORE waters & Perriers. 🤠

14 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

We receive 10 alcoholic & 10 non-alcoholic beverages…call room service for exchanges. You’d get (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water in exchange but that’s much less than the value of the minibar. You can preorder 12-packs of 0.5 liter bottles of water for $7.08 which makes an all water exchange for the minibar worth less than $10. 

Question:What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer:Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each ofCognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2)12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ouncebottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question:What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer:If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will behappy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

• Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis
  • Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards
  • All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

Is it a one time setup? One would think that world cruisers would get a refresher every so often.

7 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Is it a one time setup? One would think that world cruisers would get a refresher every so often.

It's a setup per segment. The world cruises are broken up into segments that are approximately three to five weeks long.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

As geoherb wrote it’s per segment.

And it doesn’t matter about how it’s booked because it’s based on segments. We booked as a single 28 day cruise which could have also been booked as 7/7/14 day cruises and we received 3 minibars & 3 cruise credits.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

As geoherb wrote it’s per segment.

And it doesn’t matter about how it’s booked because it’s based on segments. We booked as a single 28 day cruise which could have also been booked as 7/7/14 day cruises and we received 3 minibars & 3 cruise credits.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I've seen some inconsistency with this one; a few years back, I did some route that effectively combined a few of the east/west/south Caribbean legs into one, with stops at FtL clearly denoting the breakdowns.

I got a new minibar each time, but it only counted as a single voyage on my record, and I only got a single loyalty OBC for it.

42 minutes ago, Cuedon said:

I've seen some inconsistency with this one; a few years back, I did some route that effectively combined a few of the east/west/south Caribbean legs into one, with stops at FtL clearly denoting the breakdowns.

I got a new minibar each time, but it only counted as a single voyage on my record, and I only got a single loyalty OBC for it.

And it was the same right up until the pandemic shutdown. One loyalty OBC per booking number.

And with recent Princess loyalty changes, it is now $0 per segment and $0 per booking number. Does not matter how it is booked, zilch.

5 hours ago, Cuedon said:

Loyalty OBC was one per booking number. Booked the b2b as a single booking then one loyalty OBC. Booked with 2 booking numbers then two loyalty OBC's. Of course, loyalty OBC is now eliminated.

Mini bar set up has always been one per segment no matter how booked.