Just booked Explorer Holiday cruise!

kjbacon

1 hour ago, Mudhen said:

There will be plenty of time onboard to catch up! Although, (regrets!) guess the Eagles didn't get the message! Sorry 'bout that! 

Catching up never sounded so good! Seems the Eagles got the same memo Penn State got, ugh.

Sailor Sam:  

Reference your Post #43--

Wonderful picture.  Would offer one cautionary Note, particularly for folks descending that staircase from Deck 5 to 4.  While gazing at the tree, do not forget that last step.  The floor lighting can make it difficult to discern there is one more step before landing on Deck 4.  More than one person has found this out the hard way.  While descending the first time on our Barcelona-Miami TA a few weeks back, I was not paying attention.  Lucky for me; did not dislocate an ankle.  And, there was no Christmas Tree to distract my attention.  

This situation has been noted by others.  We first-noted it back in 2017, and reported it.  Thought the situation would have been corrected, by now.  Whatever measure(s) were taken have not addressed the issue.  There is, however, improved lighting on the Theater steps.  

GOARMY!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 2:05 PM, Mudhen said:

Quickie question for those on the "holiday cruise" on the Explorer. Are any of you staying pre cruise at the Mandarin Oriental in Miami? We don't get into Miami until later in the afternoon, but will be at the M,O. overnight and board the Explorer the following morning. If so, maybe a pre cruise "treat" in one of their bars???!!!!

Linda & John,

Our flt arrives 3:51 and Blacklane is set at 4:30 to bring us to MO . Perhaps a toast at the hotel bar at 6pm. We'll pretend Jack and Karen are there, we know they are in spirit. Doug & Cindy. p.s. we look like our pix in the circle ID used on CC

1 hour ago, dodgerdoug said:

Linda & John,

Our flt arrives 3:51 and Blacklane is set at 4:30 to bring us to MO . Perhaps a toast at the hotel bar at 6pm. We'll pretend Jack and Karen are there, we know they are in spirit. Doug & Cindy. p.s. we look like our pix in the circle ID used on CC

Hi Doug and Cindy,

Our flight lands at 4 and we've got the Regent transfer to the MO. 6pm at the hotel bar (is there only one?) sounds great! John is "portly"(?haha!), grayed blonde with a generous moustache. I'm sort of short with short dark brown hair. We'll be looking for you!

51 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

Hi Doug and Cindy,

Our flight lands at 4 and we've got the Regent transfer to the MO. 6pm at the hotel bar (is there only one?) sounds great! John is "portly"(?haha!), grayed blonde with a generous moustache. I'm sort of short with short dark brown hair. We'll be looking for you!

Sounds great! There is only one bar that I could see on their site. Looking forward to meeting you both!

Quickie Question.....Have you received an email with info about something called EuroFins? I'm guessing for pre boarding covid testing? Seems to me I read about this a few posts back. Supposed to have a bar code or QR code on it? The only thing we've got with a bar code is our boarding pass....We received a time to board(noon) with all of the other rigamarole that we went thru with Regent's pre boarding registration, but nothing about "Eurofins".....any info, anybody?

we

3 hours ago, dodgerdoug said:

Linda & John,

Yes, please include us in spirit and we will see you on Monday at 3pm, cheers!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

Quickie Question.....Have you received an email with info about something called EuroFins? I'm guessing for pre boarding covid testing? Seems to me I read about this a few posts back. Supposed to have a bar code or QR code on it? The only thing we've got with a bar code is our boarding pass....We received a time to board(noon) with all of the other rigamarole that we went thru with Regent's pre boarding registration, but nothing about "Eurofins".....any info, anybody?

we

Having spent some time today catching up on postings from while we were away, I was just getting ready to post the same question.  Answer from us is we have not seen anything on registering with Eurofins.  Our boarding passes went to our spam folder, so checked there as well and nothing.  We had to do a similar thing for our Crystal river cruise (register online for a COVID test, that is) and while it was easy enough to do, many people forgot the password they used to register to bring up the QR code at the testing site--so definitely recommend printing a hard copy with the bar or QR code.  Once we have something from Regent so we can register, of course.

Thank you for the quick response! We too had our boarding passes wind up in our spam folder...If I hadn't looked there, we never would've found them! I will continue to keep an eye out in our normal email, as well as the spam folder for Eurpfin...so far, nothing in either, but will post here if anything turns up.

Apparently there is some sort of form that we need to fill out so we can get the pre boarding antigen test that we all have to take.....at least that's what I gathered from some other posts. Someone mentioned that this Eurofin thing will be emailed to us 5 days prior to boarding. Either way, I don't think it's anything we missed. Will keep an eye out for "this" and if it comes, great, if it doesn't, I'm not going to worry about it. I will however, watch my spam folder as well as email.

4 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

Apparently there is some sort of form that we need to fill out so we can get the pre boarding antigen test that we all have to take.....at least that's what I gathered from some other posts. Someone mentioned that this Eurofin thing will be emailed to us 5 days prior to boarding. Either way, I don't think it's anything we missed. Will keep an eye out for "this" and if it comes, great, if it doesn't, I'm not going to worry about it. I will however, watch my spam folder as well as email.

Linda - You are absolutely correct.  We depart from Miami on Sat, the 18th and we received our Email notice from Eurofin this morning.  Eurofin is the name of the company who has the contract with Regent to handle all the Covid testing prior to boarding.  It doesn't make any difference about the nationality of the passengers or where they're coming (U.S. or overseas), or where the ship is.  They need everyone to fill out the forms (yes....more *- - - - forms) and be "registered with Eurofin and then Eurofin will send the "barcodes" back out to for each passenger (online) in order to "process and report" your Antigen tests on cruise day before boarding the ship.  Best Regards.

• Thanks 1

LInda,

From what I read in different posts the Eurofin is for people coming from across the pond to the US. Kind of like the Passe Sanitaire I needed for France in October, but in reverse. I for one will not be concerned about it.

As an addendum check this out: Seven Seas Explorer | Voyage Health Information (rssc.com)

Should be all you need to concern yourself with/

Eurofin is the contracted company that performs the Required Pre-Embarkation COVID-19 Testing prior to entering the cruise terminal, per https://www.rssc.com/voyage-health/EXP211220Z :

2) Required Pre-Embarkation COVID-19 Testing

Prior to embarkation, all guests will be required to take a COVID-19 antigen test at the terminal, administered and paid for by the cruise line, and receive a negative result.

Edited by cr01s13r3
redundant text

As an addendum check this out: Seven Seas Explorer | Voyage Health Information (rssc.com)

Should be all you need to concern yourself with/

Following up on that, did everyone see the updates:

Kralendijk, Bonaire:

Guests must carry their proof of vaccination.
Guests can go ashore independently or on shore excursions organized by Regent Seven Seas Cruises.
All guests will be required to take a COVID-19 antigen test and receive a negative result within 72 hours of arrival in Bonaire in order to go ashore.

St. George's, Grenada:

Guests can go ashore independently or on shore excursions organized by Regent Seven Seas Cruises.
All guests will be required to take a COVID-19 antigen test and receive a negative result within 48 hours of arrival in Grenada in order to go ashore.

Grenada is one day after Bonaire so with the differing time periods, one test should suffice for both.   (Odd that the tests are after our port calls, not before--and the language is a bit contradictory.)  Where will this testing take place and who will pay for it?  If ourselves, it would be nice to know how much we need to pay and what form of payment is accepted.  

1 hour ago, cr01s13r3 said:

Eurofin is the contracted company that performs the Required Pre-Embarkation COVID-19 Testing prior to entering the cruise terminal, per https://www.rssc.com/voyage-health/EXP211220Z :

2) Required Pre-Embarkation COVID-19 Testing

Prior to embarkation, all guests will be required to take a COVID-19 antigen test at the terminal, administered and paid for by the cruise line, and receive a negative result.

Wow! Thanks for setting me straight. Taking a cruise was supposed to let me escape logistics. Guess not.

1 hour ago, loriva said:

Following up on that, did everyone see the updates:

Kralendijk, Bonaire:

All guests will be required to take a COVID-19 antigen test and receive a negative result within 72 hours of arrival in Bonaire in order to go ashore.

St. George's, Grenada:

All guests will be required to take a COVID-19 antigen test and receive a negative result within 48 hours of arrival in Grenada in order to go ashore.

Grenada is one day after Bonaire so with the differing time periods, one test should suffice for both.   (Odd that the tests are after our port calls, not before--and the language is a bit contradictory.)  Where will this testing take place and who will pay for it?  If ourselves, it would be nice to know how much we need to pay and what form of payment is accepted.  

I was told Regent was covering this.

• Thanks 1

We may...or may not, be getting off the ship, depending on how complicated this becomes. It WILL NOT make a particle of difference to us. We'll just be happy to get on the ship. If this process is simple, we'll do it, if it gets complicated, maybe not.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

We may...or may not, be getting off the ship, depending on how complicated this becomes. It WILL NOT make a particle of difference to us. We'll just be happy to get on the ship. If this process is simple, we'll do it, if it gets complicated, maybe not.

Linda - I think I'll be approaching things exactly the same way on Mariner.  We'll just be happy to be cruising again.  If going ashore becomes just too problematic...well, there's always plenty of single-malt in our suite and a nice comfortable lounger on the balcony to take a nap on!  😜

13 hours ago, Mudhen said:

If it's anything like the testing process before disembarking Explorer last month, it is quite easy. Go to a designated venue, check in, someone takes the swab, leave. Results are emailed and a paper version put on your door later that day. It takes about the same amount of time as getting a latte from Coffee Connection.

• Haha 1