2 day lead time for Covid Test, but will be in Denali

MudderBear

I know this is for a cruise that is far out and things could change.....but......I have a cruise tour booked for the end of May with the land portion first.  Will be flying into Anchorage a day ahead, then eventually go with the Princess group up to Denali for three days.  Currently, Princess has a rule for a negative Covid test two days out.  Will Princess be setting up any type of testing site in Denali?  Or will the town of provide this service?

IF they still have this restriction by the time the Alaska cruisetours are underway, I have no doubt that they will provide the necessary tests to guests on these tours.  Otherwise they will have a lot of cancellations which is something they would want to avoid.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

I suspect that as soon as the cruise lines can get out from under the CDC,  testing fully vaccinated people who will be joining other fully vaccinated people will become a thing of the past.  May just be wishful thinking.  

Except many of the ports require testing, even for those vaccinated.  Keep in mind that cruising is still international.  If the cruise lines were to drop their testing requirements a lot of the ports would either require them before the cruise lines dock, or will not allow the ships to stop.

Even when the rules go from voluntary I expect the cruise lines will continue to follow the recommendations, just as they follow the rules in the voluntary vessel sanitation program.  CDC will certainly continue to require health reports even under the voluntary rules.

• Thanks 1

I've been wondering the same thing. The biggest problem is if you have an early Alaska cruise, there isn't much time to make alternative arrangements. In addition, we likely will need a test coming from Canada to the US since I assume Canada is considered foreign travel.  I know it is a long ways out but it doesn't stop us from wondering. (Since no Alaska cruises in 2021 included land tours or stops in Canada)

Seems to me that if this is a Princess (pre)cruise tour, they would want the test results at the time you join the tour, not when you reach the ship.  In which case you would get it in time to join the tour, possibly in anchorage.  EM

The current testing requirement ends 12/31.  I would expect that the CDC will extend it 60-90 days, but the more statistics gathered concerning who is getting Covid and how severe and the numbers of children getting vaccinated, that requirement might disappear before your trip.

There will also be significant analysis of how many positives from travel related testing, which given the requirement of full vaccination for cruising might find that in excess of 90% of those being tested are negative and the testing then won't be supported by statistics.

Yes, i am an optomist

Just returned from UK on a TA with Princess. Most people complied with the mask rules and the washing stations. On the last day we all had tests and the Captain announced that it was 100% negative. Great news!!!

• Thanks 1