Caribbean port changes on Explorer Holiday Cruise

kjbacon

Check your shore excursion summary.  When I looked at mine after check-in this morning, I discovered our tours for Roseau, Dominica had disappeared.  Regent has cancelled one that we selected and changed the time for the other.  No notification from Regent or TA.

Three weeks until boarding!

Our Dominica shore excursion is listed on our "official print out" from Regent. Came this am, thru TA. However when I pull up reserved shore excursion in "my account" online, it isn't there. Not gonna worry about it. Next important hurdle is the the Passenger registration thing with the photo. I'm only concerned in that I'm a tech nincompoop. Hopefully, I can do this....DH is eve worse than me!

1 hour ago, Mudhen said:

Our Dominica shore excursion is listed on our "official print out" from Regent. Came this am, thru TA. However when I pull up reserved shore excursion in "my account" online, it isn't there. Not gonna worry about it. Next important hurdle is the the Passenger registration thing with the photo. I'm only concerned in that I'm a tech nincompoop. Hopefully, I can do this....DH is eve worse than me!

Linda, do you have a travel agent that could help? 

Our last trip with Regent, on the Explorer was a back to back in Jan. 2020. So it's been 2 yrs. since we cruised (or traveled for that matter, as we cancelled 3 other cruises). We even missed the second sailing of the Splendor. We are looking forward to enjoying  a back to back on the Splendor this January.  Although we booked excursions, if they cancel so be it. 

We have come to enjoy everything Regent. On port days and if you don't have an excursion, the ships are like your personal yachts. You even get your personal lounge chair at the pool without leaving a hard cover book (from the library) on the chair at 7:00 a.m. !!! You may go into town, on your own just, for the walk or just enjoy the leisure of being pampered onboard. 

We have missed 2 yrs. of our retirement, not traveling. We are so looking forward to getting  back to normal and enjoying Regent, no matter what excursions are available.

Happy & safe travels to all! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Easier to just call Regent...

I'm going to give it the "good 'ol college try" (giggle!) If all else fails, there is tech savy niece who could help. TA, whom we love is in Texas, so not really a help. Then, of course, there's Regent, although I've heard they aren't much help.

12 minutes ago, Pudgesmom said:

Is there really a lack of chairs around the pool to lounge?

I wouldn't call it a lack of chairs as much as a lack of space.  If you are on a full cruise and its a nice sea day there are more people interested in the pool area than space (especially sunny space).  They do their best to accommodate people but its very crowded.   We've retreated to the verandah in the room and had a lot of fun on some occasions.  

Mudhen:  

As to completion of photo portion of on-line Passenger Registration--

Our experience with our TA (also in Texas) was quite the opposite.  Furnished "selfies" photos taken by my spouse as an email attachment to one of the owner's assigned Staffers.  She was POC with Regent, and facilitated transfer of same to Regent. 

Ergo--we had that portion of the Passenger Registration confirmed by Regent as completed about an hour later.  Then, Viola:  Came the Boarding Passes. 

Pudgesmom:  The Topic of "Chair Hogs", along with "Tipping" and what constitutes "Elegant Casual" attire has been the grist for many a previous Thread.  From experiences aboard Mariner and Voyager (particularly during Far Eastern segments) and Navigator (New England-Canada):  On occasion--and announced in "Passages"--deck personnel were authorized to remove "Orphan" items such as sun glasses and books left-unattended for a certain period of time (usually 30 minutes).  Those items were placed in a chair designated for "Orphan Retrieval" located near the Pool Bar.  Others, us included, referred to that location as the Chair of Shame.  

That action did tend to, at-least, mollify fellow passengers inconvenienced by inability to have reasonable access to a deck chair, or lounge during peak demand periods. 

GOARMY!

• Like 1