Saint Greg's Vista - Live - December 4-11 2021

Saint Greg

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

I was supposed to go to the Saints game tomorrow night. That and the cruise were just two separate trips that kind of intersected. But I thought it would be a great pre-cruise trip. Then when I got home from Panorama I was thinking about it...and I thought. That's stupid. I'm going into a stadium of 73,000 people 36 hours before I get on a cruise ship? It's not smart. I'm not going to do it.

The cowboys and the saints… tough miss. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That's stupid. I'm going into a stadium of 73,000 people 36 hours before I get on a cruise ship? It's not smart. I'm not going to do it.

Unfortunate how we have to think about things these days.  Caution to the wind is no longer a thing!

• Like 2

On 11/28/2021 at 4:36 PM, Saint Greg said:

Thanks! Have a great cruise. I think that's an 8-day eastern if I'm not mistaken. I remember seeing some good deals on that one months after I had already booked Vista.

The Shark brand ones work great.  The clips are a pain but they keep things dry.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 1:38 PM, Saint Greg said:

Oh gosh. I get in my car and something is buzzing in my backpack. I’m thinking. Man I wonder what they thought that was. My micro touch trimmer razor.

A569C788-5C2F-4B18-84C4-597935296671.jpeg

Well you never disappoint. The cruise hasn’t even started and you already have me laughing. 

I think I have to join the quest of finding SG on a ship 😀

• Like 4

On 11/30/2021 at 5:25 PM, Saint Greg said:

At my old job we had something called an angel tree. This was where employees who had financial issues could list things their kids wanted or needed for Christmas and another employee could grab the tag off of the tree and purchase the items for them. 

I started out buying for a boy and a girl. But I had to walk by that tree every day and what bothered me was approaching the last day and still having tags on the tree. I started waiting until the last day and grabbing all remaining tags to make sure they got something. Maybe not everything but something.

My current workplace doesn’t have this program but the Salvation Army puts angel trees in the malls. After work I’m going by a mall to check the trees…If there are any tags left I’m going shopping.

That is awesome!  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I think I’m good. This stuff is going to take up some space in the ole car. I already got my suitcase in there..and this time of year all my cold weather gear cause we get under 50 sometimes. It’s nice now. 60’s. We have highs in the mid-70’s all week. 

3B458BDB-61F8-41B7-9362-9B6A7ECC0614.jpeg

You are salt of the earth!

You are also a great inspiration and I’m going to seek out a tree or two around here and do just the same.  The children here in Canada thank you SG for giving me the idea. I donate to charities but never seeked out a tree.   I thinks it’s wonderful.

• Like 5

We enjoyed the Bering Sea crab fisherman’s tour in Ketchikan. Saw lots of wildlife and learned a lot about crabbing. This was the best excursion we have done after 20 carnival cruises. If your a fan of Deadliest Catch this tour is for you!  

also did the whale watching/salmon bake in Juneau. Was the best!  Saw a lot of whales!  

enjoy your trip!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

When I was shopping last night I heard another song that haunted my childhood Decembers. And that song is…..

We were on the Conquest on Christmas back when my son was working for Carnival.  Laying on lido in 90 degree weather with this song on a loop with other songs so seemed like it was on every 15 minutes.  My son back then was in charge of sound and lighting so we called him and said PLEASE STOP IT!  Still can’t listen to it anymore. 

• Like 2

Two more days. Today I’m going to my toof follow-up and I’m going to covid test. 

This is the cold part of the day 50 degrees. It’ll be 78 later. It’s a bit foggy. I hope that’s not a sign of what’s to come in Galveston. They always have their fog issues that sometimes delay things. The last time I was on vista we came in on time but in dense fog.

63F950EB-B14B-4C3E-B3FF-FE9A7958B5B9.jpeg

• Like 7

Speaking of teef. During the shutdown Lee Mason had a podcast called Tea with Lee, He just started it back up a couple weeks ago. Something I learned last week is he only has eight real teef.

I don’t know which teef are real and which teef are the imposters but it’s very possible he pops out those pearly whites every night and tosses them into a jar of alka seltzer. I knew his teef  were too good for a Brit.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886onrq54lfmt30nmxo91

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, WhiteOptima said:

We were on the Conquest on Christmas back when my son was working for Carnival.  Laying on lido in 90 degree weather with this song on a loop with other songs so seemed like it was on every 15 minutes.  My son back then was in charge of sound and lighting so we called him and said PLEASE STOP IT!  Still can’t listen to it anymore. 

Our experience was the same for our first cruise- the steel drum band played Red Red Wine EVERY OTHER SONG all day! It got to the point where we didn't hang out on the Lido because we couldn't stand it anymore! To this day, that song sets my teeth on edge!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Speaking of teef. During the shutdown Lee Mason had a podcast called Tea with Lee, He just started it back up a couple weeks ago. Something I learned last week is he only has eight real teef.

I don’t know which teef are real and which teef are the imposters but it’s very possible he pops out those pearly whites every night and tosses them into a jar of alka seltzer. I knew his teef  were too good for a Brit.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886onrq54lfmt30nmxo91

I remember when he went to Turkey to get his new teeth. I don’t think he’s got false teeth, I think they’re veneers (like Matt and Chloe got right after he got his).

• Like 2