PH suites on Riviera and Marina

CVA34

19 minutes ago, CVA34 said:

Has anyone stayed in any of these PH suites....10022, 10024, 10026, 10027, or 10028? as they are close to the elevators , how was the noise?

Not sure how sound sensitive you are? Typically, very little noise. Most is around 10:15 when the evening entertainment ends, but only lasts a few minutes. 

I don’t count mid afternoon when the tenders are all arriving back.

Edited by pinotlover

5 minutes ago, CVA34 said:

I guess the reason I ask is they are in a cluster on this one cruise while all the other PH2s are taken/reserved. Thought maybe there was something amiss about these particular suites.

More likely because they are the most forward PH2s. The mid ships all ways fill first.

Edited by pinotlover

We were worried before booking a Celebrity Suite on M-class, because it's located right at the elevator [similar to 10028 on your list].  There was zero noise from the hallway, and the proximity to the elevator/stairs was ideal for us.  I wouldn't worry about any of these (and in fact I'm booked in 10028 in January!)

9 hours ago, CVA34 said:

Has anyone stayed in any of these PH suites....10022, 10024, 10026, 10027, or 10028? as they are close to the elevators , how was the noise?

We were on Marina and no problem..

Brief periods of noise when shows finished but nothing to worry about.

On 12/1/2021 at 9:52 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

We were worried before booking a Celebrity Suite on M-class, because it's located right at the elevator [similar to 10028 on your list].  There was zero noise from the hallway, and the proximity to the elevator/stairs was ideal for us.  I wouldn't worry about any of these (and in fact I'm booked in 10028 in January!)

I was considering booking cabin #10030 on The Marina and was also concerned about the noise from the elevators. Sounds like it should not be a problem.

8 minutes ago, mexicobob said:

I was considering booking cabin #10030 on The Marina and was also concerned about the noise from the elevators. Sounds like it should not be a problem.

I would consider 10030 a little more risky than 10028, because you are opposite the elevator lobby while we are opposite the stairs lobby.  Fewer people take the stairs, and they rarely linger waiting for a stair to arrive!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, mexicobob said:

We were just in 11030.  Zero noise from elevators or the pax waiting for them.

18 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I would consider 10030 a little more risky than 10028, because you are opposite the elevator lobby while we are opposite the stairs lobby.  Fewer people take the stairs, and they rarely linger waiting for a stair to arrive!

Good point to remember for all ships and cruises.

20 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

11030 is nowhere near the elevators.  Do you mean 10030?

No.  I meant 11030.  And you are right, it's the 4th cabin down from the forward elevators, so I shouldn't have commented.  It's directly across from the Exec lounge.

I sincerely apologize if I mislead anyone.  

3 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

No.  I meant 11030.  And you are right, it's the 4th cabin down from the forward elevators, so I shouldn't have commented.  It's directly across from the Exec lounge.

I sincerely apologize if I mislead anyone.  

No problem.  It's good to know that the Exec lounge wasn't a source of noise.

21 hours ago, Jancruz said:

I only take  cabins near elevator and never have had  a  problem..

Jancruz1

Thanks for the advice. Was probably going to book this weekend and was surprised at the lack of PH suites available for a 2023 cruise. Would probably prefer a cabin down the hall from the elevators but may not have a choice. Was going to take what I could get at the moment and hope someone cancels down the road. Sounds like it should be OK no matter what happens. Good to know experienced Oceania cruisers prefer this cabin.

10 hours ago, mexicobob said:

Thanks for the advice. Was probably going to book this weekend and was surprised at the lack of PH suites available for a 2023 cruise. Would probably prefer a cabin down the hall from the elevators but may not have a choice. Was going to take what I could get at the moment and hope someone cancels down the road. Sounds like it should be OK no matter what happens. Good to know experienced Oceania cruisers prefer this cabin.

Book now & watch  for other available cabins close to final payment

the cruise is a long way off & things happen ..people change plans

I think this idea of noise close to elevators is a bit overblown. I've never had an issue with this on a cruise ship. In hotels is another story, but it's the actual sound of the machinery, not people that bothered me. 

• Like 1

Although we have not sailed in any penthouse suites (yet!) on Oceania, we have sailed several times in cabins right by the stairs or elevators and never have experienced any noise issues. In fact, on our last Riviera cruise, in March 2020, although I was concerned about our cabin being located right by the Riviera aft elevators, it turned out to be very very convenient, particularly at meal times!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ORV said:

I think this idea of noise close to elevators is a bit overblown. I've never had an issue with this on a cruise ship. In hotels is another story, but it's the actual sound of the machinery, not people that bothered me. 

I was not really worried about people noise but the dinging of the elevator when it arrived. 

9 hours ago, mexicobob said:

I was not really worried about people noise but the dinging of the elevator when it arrived. 

I don't remember ever hearing the dinging when in the hallway or my room, I'm pretty sure I've been close to them a few times in the last 10 years.