Captains Club Second Guest Free (limited)

wrk2cruise

I just noticed it says:                  Is it possible it's just members that meet some criteria?

The Captain’s Club member receiving this email is eligible to receive free cruise fare for the 2nd guest, when 1st guest pays full cruise fare, on select sailings departing December 2021. Cruise must be booked Dec.2 to 15, 2021 (the “Offer Period”). Offer applies to select 4-night and longer cruises departing 12/4/21 – 12/16/21 excluding all Celebrity Edge® and Celebrity ApexSM sailings. (the “Offer Cruise”). Promo code not required. Valid loyalty ID must be provided at time of booking. Eligible sailings listed at celebrity.com/promo

4 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Is there some trick to this? Do you need to add a coupon code or something? I just tried booking the same cruise and got this.

image.thumb.png.952244f9f29576dfd91d78458ddfc86c.png

image.thumb.png.3dd728681e2819318cf2b0ef3e3b26fe.png

I don't know, I couldn't figure it out either.  We're probably not interested because flights would cost more than the cruise.  I got the e-mail and I could get it to work

Edited by Ipeeinthepools

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

I just noticed it says:                  Is it possible it's just members that meet some criteria?

The Captain’s Club member receiving this email is eligible to receive free cruise fare for the 2nd guest, when 1st guest pays full cruise fare, on select sailings departing December 2021. Cruise must be booked Dec.2 to 15, 2021 (the “Offer Period”). Offer applies to select 4-night and longer cruises departing 12/4/21 – 12/16/21 excluding all Celebrity Edge® and Celebrity ApexSM sailings. (the “Offer Cruise”). Promo code not required. Valid loyalty ID must be provided at time of booking. Eligible sailings listed at celebrity.com/promo

We're Elite+ if that makes a difference.

Just now, Ipeeinthepools said:

I don't know, I couldn't figure it out either.  We're probably not interested because flights would cost more than the cruise.

We're already booked on the Dec 23rd 11 day Caribbean cruise on the Connie. If we can get the 10 day cruise right before that leaving on Dec 13, that would definitely be a possibility as we are driving down anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We're already booked on the Dec 23rd 11 day Caribbean cruise on the Connie. If we can get the 10 day cruise right before that leaving on Dec 13, that would definitely be a possibility as we are driving down anyway.

That sounds like a great deal for you.  I was just looking for an impulse buy, but it probably won't work.  I'll just need to wait until the end of January for a B2b2B on the Equinox.

6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

This is what I see for that sailing:

part1.JPG

part2.JPG

If you want me to price a specific stateroom let me know.  Then I'd try to call Captains Club or your TA and push for the promo.   I'm pretty sure they are desperate for bookings.

But I guess that's overkill.   The math is easy.  Just remove the second passenger fare.

Edited by wrk2cruise

10 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

If you want me to price a specific stateroom let me know.  Then I'd try to call Captains Club or your TA and push for the promo.   I'm pretty sure they are desperate for bookings.

But I guess that's overkill.   The math is easy.  Just remove the second passenger fare.

That's OK. Just talked with the DW and I just found out we have plans during that time, so we can't go on the early cruise anyway. Thank you though. If something changes, we'll contact our CVP. 😎

So, maybe it's just me, but it seems that others can book, but I cannot. I pick my room and press "Select & Continue" and the screen goes no where....stays on the same screen and I cannot progress through the booking. I've tried Safari and Chrome....same thing

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

Did you enter your captain's club number in?

Yes, you definitely have to enter in your CC (Captains Club) Number to see the deal.  Then you have to enter in your CC (Credit Card) Number to secure the deal!

So, a better comparison. The advertised price of an Aqua room on the Dec 13 Connie sailing is $1,435 "average per person". So the price ends up being $3150.....the first person pays $2870, the second person is "free" and both pay taxes and fees. If I book without entering my CC# the price is $4303. That gives me a $1153 savings. A bit deceiving if you ask me.....that "fine print" bites me every time!

Edited by CaroleSS