Captains Club Second Guest Free (limited)

wrk2cruise

Emailed our CVP yesterday and here's what she responded with later in the day:

I wish I had the answer, but I truly do not know as this offer comes directly from our Captains club offers.

She later wrote right before quitting time:

I'm on the line for captains club actually to find out as I myself would like to know and my guests have been asking. I completely understand you. If I have a response from them today, I will absolutely let you know!!

Never heard back from her, so I'm assuming she never heard back from CC. However, I did send her another "motivating" email today letting her know if she can get us the 2 for 1 deal, my DW and I have cleared our schedule and will book the Dec 13th cruise. Either way, hopefully she'll find out Monday morning what the exact prerequisites are for booking one of these 2 for 1 deals. If we hear anything, I'll let you all know.

OK, I just did a fake booking as a test using our daughter’s CC number and was able to at least see the 2 for 1 offer. So it does work, as other folks have noted, as long as the CC number used has been added to the qualifying list once it meets a certain set of criteria; whatever they might be.

Interesting note, she has actually never completed a Celebrity cruise. But she did have a B2B booked in May 2020 that was later cancelled because of the pandemic. 

If I might ask those that have received the email or at least been able to trigger the 2 for 1 offer, why do you think your CC was added to the list? Just curious.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

11 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

OK, I just did a fake booking as a test using our daughter’s CC number and was able to at least see the 2 for 1 offer. So it does work, as other folks have noted, as long as the CC number used has been added to the qualifying list once it meets a certain set of criteria; whatever they might be.

Interesting note, she has actually never completed a Celebrity cruise. But she did have a B2B booked in May 2020 that was later cancelled because of the pandemic. 

If I might ask those that have received the email or at least been able to trigger the 2 for 1 offer, why do you think your CC was added to the list? Just curious.

I think Celebrity has added my CC number to the list because they want me at the pool.

I was just looking at a couple of cruises. In usual Celebrity website fashion it showed we a price of $4210 pp for a Sky Suite on a 12 night cruise. As I went through the process when it got to the review page it suddenly shows $8420 per person, then deducts $8420 for the second guest. WOW! I sure hope people that don't know what they're doing don't actually book that. I got the same result with a veranda room. 

Or it could just be a current glitch in their system. It did work right and give the second person free when I got the email Thur. 

Edited by ORV

6 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I've sailed twice since cruising has restarted and I'll be back on the Equinox in January.

If I might ask, what’s your loyalty level? We just made Elite+ after our Edge cruise in August. Just trying to figure out why we’re not on the list. Maybe it’s as simple as we have a cruise booked in December.

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, what’s your loyalty level? We just made Elite+ after our Edge cruise in August. Just trying to figure out why we’re not on the list. Maybe it’s as simple as we have a cruise booked in December.

We're Elite, about 50 points away from being Elite +

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ORV said:

I was just looking at a couple of cruises. In usual Celebrity website fashion it showed we a price of $4210 pp for a Sky Suite on a 12 night cruise. As I went through the process when it got to the review page it suddenly shows $8420 per person, then deducts $8420 for the second guest. WOW! I sure hope people that don't know what they're doing don't actually book that. I got the same result with a veranda room. 

Or it could just be a current glitch in their system. It did work right and give the second person free when I got the email Thur. 

ORV, do you have any cruises booked in December? Just trying to figure this out.

I have sailed 5 sailings since the restart.   No booking in Dec.  Next booking in Jan 2022.  Zenith level.   Friend who didn't get the offer is Elite+ and has more sailings than I since restart but has 2 bookings in Dec.   She was still trying to get repriced yesterday with the 2nd passenger free promo.

3 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I have sailed 5 sailings since the restart.   No booking in Dec.  Next booking in Jan 2022.  Zenith level.   Friend who didn't get the offer is Elite+ and has more sailings than I since restart but has 2 bookings in Dec.   She was still trying to get repriced yesterday with the 2nd passenger free promo.

Thanks for that. It’s starting to appear like those that didn’t have a cruise booked in December are the ones on the List. So I guess the next step will be to see what our CVP finds out on Monday. 

39 minutes ago, ORV said:

I'm not sure I understand what you think is a glitch. The $4210pp you saw reflects the discount and is the same as $8420pp with the 2nd guest free.

32 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I'm not sure I understand what you think is a glitch. The $4210pp you saw reflects the discount and is the same as $8420pp with the 2nd guest free.

The thing that caught my eye was the $8420 pp price for a 12 day cruise in a sky suite. That equates to $700 per person per day. Doesn’t that sound a little steep?

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

ORV, do you have any cruises booked in December? Just trying to figure this out.

I last cruised on Celebrity in June of 2018, I had a cruise booked for May of 2020,  but we know how that went. I have one booked for May of 22

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

Well for starters when I looked at a different cruise Thursday it showed the per person room price, for a 10 day, I was looking at a OV and it showed around $800 pp when you selected a room. The final price added the port charges and taxes to $800 for a total around $1100 something. Didn't take screen shots. In the past when you look at the first page it's always a price per person. So the scenario you are mentioning would be totally different than the way it's always been. 

When looking at it again, yes I think you're right, the first page says AVG pp. 

Edited by ORV
  • Thanks 1

FWIW I just used our daughter’s CC number again on the Connie cruise we’re looking at. Now, the only SS available is a Guarantee (with no cabin number) and the 2 for 1 deal is not longer available for this category. However, if we wanted to book a different category where plenty of cabins are available, the 2 for 1 deal is still available to qualifying CC members. 

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

Elite+ here, no cruises booked now until Oct 22.  Just completed a B2B in November.

No email received.

We also just finished a B2B cruise in November, besides being Elite+. Maybe that’s another disqualifier? Who knows. This is getting fun just trying to figure out. Hopefully our CVP will shed some light on this promotion tomorrow.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

7 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Friend found out today that yes she was in the targeted group but didn't get the email because she was already booked in Dec.

It's interesting that they have targeted a group within the Captain's Club.  I would have thought they would send it to all CC members.

We are Select, have cruised twice since the restart (October and November) and received the email.  I wish we could take advantage of it, but we don't have the vacation time.  We live in Florida, so I thought that might have something to do with receiving the promo.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hiccups said:

We are Select, have cruised twice since the restart (October and November) and received the email.  I wish we could take advantage of it, but we don't have the vacation time.  We live in Florida, so I thought that might have something to do with receiving the promo.

We live in Chicago and have not cruised since the re-start.  We got the email but are unable to take advantage of it either.  

For those that are looking, we got our email offer on Thu at 4:02pm 

image.png.46f2ca7ee19d3fedf94deeb30914958b.png

Edited by mahdnc

In the For-what-it's worth department, I am Elite, my younger sister is Select and my older sister Classic. None have sailed (or booked) since the pandemic. I was the only one to receive an email. All of us live in Florida. Not sure how they determined who got the email and who didn't.

The price you see on the room category screen is a price per person given the offer, not a price per person BEFORE the offer. So you will need to multiply the price x 2 to get the price per person per cabin, then you get the discount for the second person. Taxes and fees are due on both people.

• Like 1

Just now, CaroleSS said:

In the For-what-it's worth department, I am Elite, my younger sister is Select and my older sister Classic. None have sailed (or booked) since the pandemic. I was the only one to receive an email. All of us live in Florida. Not sure how they determined who got the email and who didn't.

The price you see on the room category screen is a price per person given the offer, not a price per person BEFORE the offer. So you will need to multiply the price x 2 to get the price per person per cabin, then you get the discount for the second person. Taxes and fees are due on both people.

Oh, and my sister who is Classic entered her CC# during the booking and was able to take advantage of the BOGO. Not sure it will work for everyone, but it certainly is worth a shot!

1 hour ago, CaroleSS said:

Oh, and my sister who is Classic entered her CC# during the booking and was able to take advantage of the BOGO. Not sure it will work for everyone, but it certainly is worth a shot!

I thought it a good idea just to try the Capt Club numbers for my wife, daughter, and son.  They all worked in getting the 2nd passenger's cruise fare free (mine works as well).  I am not sure what that proves, but I thought it was interesting to see if it worked.