Captains Club Second Guest Free (limited)

wrk2cruise

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I entered it there, but just got the Black Friday sale deal.

Hmm.  I wonder if it is because of the dreaded "select" cruises sentence in the T&Cs.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Offer applies to select 4-night and longer cruises departing 12/4/21 – 12/16/21 excluding all Celebrity Edge® and Celebrity ApexSM sailings. (the “Offer Cruise”).

Note that wrk2cruise indicated Edge and Apex are excluded. Some of the examples I see above are for Apex, so those should not qualify.

2 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Thank you.  You're a genius.

Thanks!  I gotta show this post to my wife! 😀

But then she will look at your screen name.....I guess I won't show this to her 😔

• Haha 2

I have been working with a friend who is currently booked on the 12/11 Summit and she can't see the  "deal" and is Elite plus.   I see it on the same sailing.  

On that sailing I can price a FV for $572 pp + T/F or about $115 pp/pd + T/F.    I paid $599 pp for this same room for a 5 night Summit in early Nov with the Loyalty NRD promo without perks.   This price is with AI so really a pretty good deal.

20 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Maybe you should book a suite so the taxes and fees would not be such a large factor

It was an example to show that the displayed room rate is double what is shown, so that the second guest gets the room for "free". 

4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I just noticed it says:                  Is it possible it's just members that meet some criteria?

The Captain’s Club member receiving this email is eligible to receive free cruise fare for the 2nd guest, when 1st guest pays full cruise fare, on select sailings departing December 2021. Cruise must be booked Dec.2 to 15, 2021 (the “Offer Period”). Offer applies to select 4-night and longer cruises departing 12/4/21 – 12/16/21 excluding all Celebrity Edge® and Celebrity ApexSM sailings. (the “Offer Cruise”). Promo code not required. Valid loyalty ID must be provided at time of booking. Eligible sailings listed at celebrity.com/promo

I just relooked at the highlighted part of your post. Neither my DW nor myself received this email. So the reason we’re not able to see the 2 for 1 deal when we put either of our CC numbers in a fake booking maybe as simple as that. As a side note, we do have a cruise already booked in December, so maybe that was our downfall. 😎

My friend who I'm looking into this for also has a sailing in December.   I just would be totally surprised if Celebrity IT was good enough to make this distinction in their mailings!   If it would be advantageous to your situation I'd call Captains Club and inquire.  Could mean more OBC due to "Best Offer Gty"

10 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I just relooked at the highlighted part of your post. Neither my DW nor myself received this email. So the reason we’re not able to see the 2 for 1 deal when we put either of our CC numbers in a fake booking maybe as simple as that. As a side note, we do have a cruise already booked in December, so maybe that was our downfall. 😎

Interesting.  You could very well be correct.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

My friend who I'm looking into this for also has a sailing in December.   I just would be totally surprised if Celebrity IT was good enough to make this distinction in their mailings!   If it would be advantageous to your situation I'd call Captains Club and inquire.  Could mean more OBC due to "Best Offer Gty"

But it does kind of make sense as I couldn't find this offer listed anywhere when I was signed on in the =X= Personalizer. As far as the "best Offer Gty" goes, our booked cruise starts Dec 23 which is outside the scope of the sale.

Overall, I have to say X has offered some pretty good deals to get us all cruising again since starting back up (not to mention the no mask requirement onboard) and we've cashed in on most of them, so no complaints here. But I can understand their logic on this brief targeted promotion in an attempt to get some of their previous cruisers who are stilling holding off booking a cruise to take the plunge.

7 minutes ago, verizon said:

Does this apply to solo cruiser?

Did you get the email? If so, try doing a fake booking on an applicable Dec 4-16, 2021 cruise using your CC number and see what happens. If you didn't, probably not, but try doing a fake booking anyway using your CC number and see what happens.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

11 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Did you get the email? If so, try doing a fake booking on an applicable Dec 4-16, 2021 cruise using your CC number and see what happens. If you didn't, probably not, but try doing a fake booking anyway using your CC number and see what happens.

I am onboard now.

It only shown 50% for 2nd. Passenger.

17 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

A sample booking......quick vacation on one of their allowed ships. A $426 room (average per person) comes to $1133

3E37D89E-5F37-41AA-A91B-F1075C0F6CAC.png

71EE3EDD-B533-4009-9940-F45BCA86301E.png

I got the email offer and looked at booking a Sky Suite for one of the sailings. Came up with the screen shown in your first picture except saying Sky Suite and a price of $1717. Got to the screen shown in your second picture and the First Guest (does show the same amount discounted under Second Guest) price there says over $3,000. Asked the live chat rep and was told that the amount quoted in the first picture is not a fare price but the amount of the discount. I never would have looked at the way it's displayed on the website and thought anything other than the $1717 was the quoted fare price.

33 minutes ago, RRFPresident said:

I got the email offer and looked at booking a Sky Suite for one of the sailings. Came up with the screen shown in your first picture except saying Sky Suite and a price of $1717. Got to the screen shown in your second picture and the First Guest (does show the same amount discounted under Second Guest) price there says over $3,000. Asked the live chat rep and was told that the amount quoted in the first picture is not a fare price but the amount of the discount. I never would have looked at the way it's displayed on the website and thought anything other than the $1717 was the quoted fare price.

Actually, that's how Celebrity usually displays them (i.e., average net price per person) regardless of the type of sale.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

15 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Ken, perhaps you're missing where it says SELECT sailings. There is a link on my email for BOOK NOW. When you click it it takes you to the page with the SELECT sailings on them. See if this link works, and make sure you put your Captain's Club number in. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/promo-controller?contentPromotionId=promotion-346&allowMobile=y&ecid=em_23627064&rid=144953471&mes=Celebrity Loyalty Second Guest Sails Free DEC 2 2021 EM&emsc=CCC_ELT_OUR_NAN_ML_USA_MO_12_TA&empf=Y&emct=E&lnkid=OFFER_CTA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ORV said:

Ken, perhaps you're missing where it says SELECT sailings. There is a link on my email for BOOK NOW. When you click it it takes you to the page with the SELECT sailings on them. See if this link works, and make sure you put your Captain's Club number in. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/promo-controller?contentPromotionId=promotion-346&allowMobile=y&ecid=em_23627064&rid=144953471&mes=Celebrity Loyalty Second Guest Sails Free DEC 2 2021 EM&emsc=CCC_ELT_OUR_NAN_ML_USA_MO_12_TA&empf=Y&emct=E&lnkid=OFFER_CTA

Nope, no luck, even when I only put my CC number in. But thanks for trying. 😎

AquaClass Stateroom

First Guest

$2,969.00

Second Guest

$2,969.00

Discounts

HALFOFF 2ND NRD

-$1,485.00

BLACKFRI NRD ($300.00 to spend Onboard)

Always Included℠

Wi-Fi