Black Friday purchase not showing on credit card

I purchased a drink package during the Black Friday sale but it is not showing up on my credit card. Initially it should pending but now has completely disappeared. When I look at my account it shows reserved. Should I be concerned?

7 hours ago, brandy1175 said:

I purchased a drink package during the Black Friday sale but it is not showing up on my credit card. Initially it should pending but now has completely disappeared. When I look at my account it shows reserved. Should I be concerned?

I was just reviewing my statement. A couple purchases  are there and a couple purchases are now missing.

I never received a confirmation email for one of the ones that is still on my statement and one of the purchases that is missing has a confirmation email. I do have confirmation numbers in my cruise planner that I saved for reference for every purchase.

Hopefully they will sort it out as I don’t really want to call to deal with it

I have the same exact issue. Booked multiple shore excursions at the BF sale prices. The transactions were pending on my credit card for a few days but then disappeared.  Also, I only got e-mail confirmation from Royal for some of the excursions, but they're all showing up in my cruise planner as reserved with the correct information.  I guess I'll call to confirm.

10 hours ago, brandy1175 said:

Same thing happened to me.  I have called twice.  First time was when I did not get a confirm and the rep I spoke to could not see the order but said as long as I saw the pending charge, I was fine.  Second time I called was when pending charge disappeared.  Rep could see the order on my account and it had a status of purchased.  She sent me a confirm showing the purchase.  Still haven't been charged.

I cancelled two excursions and rebooked them for half off during the Black Friday sale.  Not only was my card not charged, I wasn’t refunded either.  Customer service keeps telling me they show it was refunded as well as charged and that it’s fine.    

I called Royal today and said I didn’t get confirmation emails for everything I booked (I didn’t mention not being charged). I went over wvergujg I booked and it all showed up fine on their end. They were able to very easily send me an email with everything I reserved - shore excursions, dining, etc.

So that’s good enough for me. 🙂

2 hours ago, LarryCruiser said:

I called Royal today and said I didn’t get confirmation emails for everything I booked (I didn’t mention not being charged). I went over wvergujg I booked and it all showed up fine on their end. They were able to very easily send me an email with everything I reserved - shore excursions, dining, etc.

So that’s good enough for me. 🙂

So you just plan on not paying? Pretty much the same as stealing and shows what kind of person you are if so….. Hope I’m wrong!

Edited by CruisingHogFan

We also made Black Friday purchases and weren't charged.  I have called and told them that my pending charges disappeared, but they assured me that everything was purchased and they sent a email confirmation receipt.   My cruise planner shows everything as reserved and I have a total paid receipt in my order history.  At this point, I don't know what else to do. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

So you just plan on not paying? Pretty much the same as stealing and shows what kind of person you are if so….. Hope I’m wrong!

I did everything I was supposed to do and gave them my payment information. It’s their job to bill me for what I buy. If and when the charge comes through, I will pay it in full. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LarryCruiser said:

I did everything I was supposed to do and gave them my payment information. It’s their job to bill me for what I buy. If and when the charge comes through, I will pay it in full. 

No you didn’t so you answered the question. You should have said my credit card wasn’t billed and they would have probably looked into it more.

If it’s not billed after you say that then I would agree but you are just trying to get something for free at this point…

Edited by CruisingHogFan

5 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

No you didn’t so you answered the question. You should have said my credit card wasn’t billed and they would have probably looked into it more.

If it’s not billed after you say that then I would agree but you are just trying to get something for free at this point…

I am not trying to get anything for free. I tried to get it at the advertised price, entered my credit card number, and pressed the button. Same thing I’ve done for all my purchases. I didn’t do anything wrong or misleading in any way. And I assume they’ll figure this out sometime and charge me. When they do, I’ll pay it. 

Besides, as others have noted above, even telling them the charges didn’t go though hasn’t resulted in RC taking action because they say everything looks fine on their end. I am not responsible for  troubleshootting why their system dropped the charge or shows it as being paid.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

I disagree with you.  A business can decide what they charge for an item.  If I go to a restaurant, order a meal, present my credit card, and the restaurant decides not to run it, am I stealing?  

6 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

If your credit card failed, than that is what it is.  It's not their job to figure out why, it is yours.

If the CC failed, then yes, you are responsible for paying for the product.  But that's not the case here.  According to the business, the order has been confirmed.  

Now, more than likely, the CC charge will show up later (possibly even on boarding day).  

8 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

You are way off base.  We have all purchased excursions or beverage packages and used a credit card at time of purchase.  Pending charges appeared on our credit cards and then they disappeared a few days after.  We have all called the cruise line when this happened and told them we were not charged and we have been told everything is fine, their system is showing our purchases as paid.  I have called twice on this already and I am not going to call everyday to be told there is no problem.  I have a confirm, the order is on my cruise planner.  If it falls off my cruise planner, I will call again to get it put back.  I am lucky that mine is only drink packages.  I feel bad for those with excursions in this state as those could be sold out when they try to get them reinstated.

• Like 1

According to 2 reps with whom I spoke on the Wednesday before Black Friday, they were having significant issues with their systems and the volume of calls for the sales. We did not receive email confirmation on one set of purchases. The price paid was correct in the planner but it didnt list everything purchased. Was assured by the 2nd rep that they knew of the issues and it would be fixed but took a 3rd call a week later to get it corrected with email confirmation.

No one's trying to scam RC. This is an RC IT issue. It is 100% on their end, and is not the same as a CC being declined.

17 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

There was another thread on this prior to Black Friday. The "new" Cruise Planner system had a glitch. This happened to a number of us on here (and I assume many, many people not on CC). When you went to purchase the items in your cart, it just flat out skipped letting you put in your CC info (and the option of applying OBC - which I wanted to do). It just went to "thank you". If you had a CC remembered in the system, it put a pending charge on your CC, and the purchase appeared to be in limbo. No email, on the orders screen, there was no option to modify or cancel.

A number of us called and said that they would work it out on their end in a few days. That the system was having problems due to high volumes (seemed to only affect the "new" Cruise Planner). I have a ticket number, and they took down all the prices that I paid for everything so that they could honor it if it  got cancelled as part of fixing it. 

Like everyone else is reporting, eventually my purchase appeared "finalized" in the Cruise Planner orders screen, I can cancel and modify it now. And, after remaining "Pending" for a few days, the charge just disappeared. I have not called back yet, but I suppose at the very least I should get them to send me a confirmation email.

I am really not sure what you want us to do about it. It's not like the customer service agents can simply re-charge our CC. It sounds like according to their systems, everything was purchased just fine. And you can't re-purchase the same thing twice. I'd be curious to know if anyone cancelled one of these purchases, if the credit would go through. Anyway, I think this would take an IT database analyst working with finance to run some SQL query to reconcile all purchases against CC charges (which they might not normally have rights to). I could see where someone at RC may have made the decision to just write it off.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

If your credit card failed, than that is what it is.  It's not their job to figure out why, it is yours.

My card did not “fail.”  Royal failed to process the transaction correctly, apparently. If I was contacted by either them or my credit card company that there was a problem with my card, I would ask them to try again or to provide another card. But there is nothing I did wrong and no way I am aware of to fix it. 

10 hours ago, LarryCruiser said:

I am not trying to get anything for free. I tried to get it at the advertised price, entered my credit card number, and pressed the button. Same thing I’ve done for all my purchases. I didn’t do anything wrong or misleading in any way. And I assume they’ll figure this out sometime and charge me. When they do, I’ll pay it. 

Besides, as others have noted above, even telling them the charges didn’t go though hasn’t resulted in RC taking action because they say everything looks fine on their end. I am not responsible for  troubleshootting why their system dropped the charge or shows it as being paid.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong, but if RCCL decides that you didn't pay for it, so you don't get it at that price later, you might have problems.  I know that it seems strange to bother them to take money, but I would try to get through to the resolutions team to fix it anyway.  I really like RCCL, but their customer service ranges from great to I really don't care.  If you end up with that last one, it can be a real pain.  If they blame it on their computer systems, why should they work on black Friday when they seem to almost always have issues, which is something I have never been able to understand.  If they ever get one working, you can count on them rolling out a new one that doesn't soon thereafter.

Those of us who have had this issue have called multiple times and wasted several hours doing so.  The agents can’t charge us again because on their side it says we have paid.  I have email confirmation that my excursions are booked and paid for.  I will take that on board in case I have issues.  We aren’t trying to get away with anything.  The only option would be cancel and rebook for today’s price.  I’m willing to pay if/when their system figures this out.  This has been frustrating and I’m sure there are many people out there who may not even be aware that this has happened to them if they don’t watch their charges.  

• Like 1

Obviously the only honorable solution is to fight tooth and nail to force them to run your card again. If you aren't spending every waking hour beating down their door you've swindled the swindlers 😄

I think most people recognize a good faith effort, and there's only so much you can do to force a company to take your money. Informing them of the situation is all that's required IMHO and if you keep confirmation emails I'd bet they'd honor the pricing since it's their fault.

As a side note delayed charges happen all the time for me; for example, sometimes Amazon won't actually run my card until my order ships, even days after I place the order.

Let them deal with it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2021 at 4:57 AM, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Same happened to me.  Coco Cay Water Park I got email confirmation of.  Refreshment Drink package, I haven't.  But both show purchased in my planner.  I took screen shots of those.  We better get them at that price point. 

Where in the planner does the purchase show up? Want to check mine. Thank you!