Cabin Sanitising

mercury7289

36 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

There’s a serious issue here.  P&O sells its cruises on the promise of a COVID safe environment. What they appear to be saying here, assuming that this is genuine, is that it’s safe only if you make it safe.

Though having said that, you’re far more likely to contract the virus by breathing it in because of poor ventilation than touching a surface, and that’s much more difficult and expensive to deal with.

Harry

I have just rescued the E-mail, and actually read it! it was  direct from Cruise Critic, dated 9th December and the article and advise was from the correspondent called the INSIDER! Not to be missed!

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I wish everyone else did the same as you !

Why aren't the cabins equipped with soft close doors and drawers as standard ?

It gets worse,the inside cabins have flat packs and a screwdriver provided.I think they're Hygena.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

So it’s not a question of too busy. More a case of P&O not being prepared to provide sufficient staff to meet the necessary health standards.

As per Mercury7289 update, the email was not sent by P&O, was nothing whatsoever to do with P&O or any other cruise line. I received (and deleted) the same email from CruiseCritic, which assumes we want to spend our time sanitising everything "so we can relax".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Though having said that, you’re far more likely to contract the virus by breathing it in because of poor ventilation than touching a surface, and that’s much more difficult and expensive to deal with.

Yes, whilst cleaning surfaces is good practice, it is of little use in reducing the spread of Covid.

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

So it’s not a question of too busy. More a case of P&O not being prepared to provide sufficient staff to meet the necessary health standards.

Did the OP get his email from P&O ?.

1 hour ago, mercury7289 said:

Harry

I have just rescued the E-mail, and actually read it! it was  direct from Cruise Critic, dated 9th December and the article and advise was from the correspondent called the INSIDER! Not to be missed!

So nowt to do with P&O after all. ?🤣

48 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

As per Mercury7289 update, the email was not sent by P&O, was nothing whatsoever to do with P&O or any other cruise line. I received (and deleted) the same email from CruiseCritic, which assumes we want to spend our time sanitising everything "so we can relax".

I thought P&O had actually installed higher quality Hepa filters to reduce the possible spread via the aircon?

I felt sure I had quoted Harry's post about aircon for my reply, if so yet another quirk of the CC IT system. Maybe they should spend more time sorting that out, rather than trying to sanitize our posts!

Edited by terrierjohn

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

I wish everyone else did the same as you !

Why aren't the cabins equipped with soft close doors and drawers as standard ?

I agree. We always seem to end up next door to passengers who are incapable of remembering where they have put everything and seem to open and close every single drawer and cupboard in the cabin every time that they need something. 🙄 

Edited by Selbourne

4 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Did I say it was!👃

You said you received an email,  and posted on a P&O board.

Of course we assumed it came from P&O.!

It actually was an ancient post from cruise critic - perhaps you can check next time before stirring up a hornets nest.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, kalos said:

In the years BC (Before Covid ) Mrs K would take a pack of Dettol wipes and would 

wipe down the tray on any aircraft we were traveling on and once on the ship she

would set about the door handles TV remotes in our cabin with the wipes and anything

else she thought needed it .

So really if we were going now ... :classic_smile:

if flying the aircraft had been treated and they specifically say don’t wipe it With your own wipes ! 

4 hours ago, Selbourne said:

I agree. We always seem to end up next door to passengers who are incapable of remembering where they have put everything and seem to open and close every single drawer and cupboard in the cabin every time that they need something. 🙄 

We had the same experience on our last cruise. At 7:00 our neighbours opened and shut every drawer in their cabin - just why ? 

1 hour ago, janieb1962 said:

if flying the aircraft had been treated and they specifically say don’t wipe it With your own wipes ! 

Yep they say that but when you watch the aircraft come in and 10 minutes later your boarding the same aircraft that passengers have just come off I’m using my clinell wipes to wipe down everything even seat belts , I use the same as the hospital uses and have done for years 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

You said you received an email,  and posted on a P&O board.

Of course we assumed it came from P&O.!

It actually was an ancient post from cruise critic - perhaps you can check next time before stirring up a hornets nest.

It was as I said on a e-mail sent to me on the 9th December 2021, it was then posted on the CC Board with some humor. It evolved through posters like you, who took it in various other directions, so behave!

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

We had the same experience on our last cruise. At 7:00 our neighbours opened and shut every drawer in their cabin - just why ? 

Was this on a P&O cruise? I thought you said, although I may be wrong, that your last cruise was with Princess. Under your rules why post this here!

10 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Was this on a P&O cruise? I thought you said, although I may be wrong, that your last cruise was with Princess. Under your rules why post this here!

It was Princess, but my point was generic, referring  to noisy pax everywhere !

• Like 1