Cabin Sanitising

mercury7289

Received  E-Mail, with 12 point guidance for sanitising your own cabin. It came with the explanation, that the Cabin Stewards were to busy to undertake this work on a daily basis.

Having discussed this with my wife, additions have been added to my holiday cupboard, at home, namely a mop and bucket, hair curlers and head scarf, just waiting for the fags to be delivered! Oops! no smoking allowed!

We are also tuning our voices, with our holiday greeting--------hi-de-hi.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Received  E-Mail, with 12 point guidance for sanitising your own cabin. It came with the explanation, that the Cabin Stewards were to busy to undertake this work on a daily basis.

Having discussed this with my wife, additions have been added to my holiday cupboard, at home, namely a mop and bucket, hair curlers and head scarf, just waiting for the fags to be delivered! Oops! no smoking allowed!

Hope you give yourself a healthy gratuity at the end of the cruise!

• Haha 2

In the years BC (Before Covid ) Mrs K would take a pack of Dettol wipes and would 

wipe down the tray on any aircraft we were traveling on and once on the ship she

would set about the door handles TV remotes in our cabin with the wipes and anything

else she thought needed it .

So really if we were going now ... :classic_smile:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

In the years BC (Before Covid ) Mrs K would take a pack of Dettol wipes and would 

wipe down the tray on any aircraft we were traveling on and once on the ship she

would set about the door handles TV remotes in our cabin with the wipes and anything

We have always done that and still do. Probably don't help much with Covid, but lots of other nasty stuff that previous occupants can leave around. Noro, plague etc.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, kalos said:

Very sensible precautions and I have always wiped down the cabin doors, handles, drawers and telephone.

Hope Mrs K is recovering well.

x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, kalos said:

Kalos, we do the same-plus! We have little stick pads that we put on all the leading edges of drawers and wardrobe doors to muffle the sound of opening and closing, My real point about the e-mail is, if the Company are aware that the Stewards cannot cope with the amount of necessary work, that they are expected to carry out, then the Company should lighten the load.

Edited by mercury7289
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Too busy ? When we were onboard in August and September, the cabin stewards worked in the cabins until about 1 PM and then deployed elsewhere. 

So it’s not a question of too busy. More a case of P&O not being prepared to provide sufficient staff to meet the necessary health standards.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

If P&O keep going down this slippery slope we'll soon have a DIY cruise.🙄

Avril

What will they do when ships have 100% occupancy?
Whilst I totally sympathise with extra work load the crew must have been given with extra Covid protocols, P&O have had enough time to prepare for this.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, kalos said:

once on the ship she would set about the door handles TV remotes in our cabin with the wipes and anything else she thought needed it .

...and I'm sure you felt much better for a  good rub down with a Dettol wipe kalos. 😁

I hope Mrs K is improving kalos and not working you too hard 😉

Avril

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

...and I'm sure you felt much better for a  good rub down with a Dettol wipe kalos. 😁

I hope Mrs K is improving kalos and not working you too hard 😉

Avril

She's coming along fine Avril apart from doing strange things like doing what I tell/advise

her :classic_unsure: Good news is she is getting better at injecting herself and was happy that her last

one will be this Monday :classic_smile: So to cheer her up I have booked our booster jabs for the same

day:classic_rolleyes: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

We have little stick pads that we put on all the leading edges of drawers and wardrobe doors to muffle the sound of opening and closing

I wish everyone else did the same as you !

Why aren't the cabins equipped with soft close doors and drawers as standard ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kalos said:

She's coming along fine Avril apart from doing strange things like doing what I tell/advise

her :classic_unsure: Good news is she is getting better at injecting herself and was happy that her last

one will be this Monday :classic_smile: So to cheer her up I have booked our booster jabs for the same

day:classic_rolleyes: 

Pleased to hear it kalos. One word of caution though, don't get used to Mrs K doing everything you say, it won't last for long, and things will soon return to normal😉

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

I presume that they’re providing the materials for the job?

There’s a serious issue here.  P&O sells its cruises on the promise of a COVID safe environment. What they appear to be saying here, assuming that this is genuine, is that it’s safe only if you make it safe.

Though having said that, you’re far more likely to contract the virus by breathing it in because of poor ventilation than touching a surface, and that’s much more difficult and expensive to deal with.

• Like 2