Transportation from Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport Questions

SANDPEBBLES

Hello.  It has been quite a while since I have cruised and never out of Port Canaveral.  If I book air through NCL, do they organize disembarkation to get you to a proper shuttle, or is it chaos?  If I want to book my own transportation, could someone recommend reliable companies?  Will disembark on March 5, 2022.  Thank you.

4 hours ago, SANDPEBBLES said:

Hello.  It has been quite a while since I have cruised and never out of Port Canaveral.  If I book air through NCL, do they organize disembarkation to get you to a proper shuttle, or is it chaos?  If I want to book my own transportation, could someone recommend reliable companies?  Will disembark on March 5, 2022.  Thank you.

We use Go Port Canaveral. Cheap. Efficient. And they use full size motor coaches (buses) versus vans. 

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We use Go Port Canaveral. Cheap. Efficient. And they use full size motor coaches (buses) versus vans. 

They also stole 1000s of people's money during Covid and the cancellations. The owner was driving a nice brand new $100k Tesla. You can see it in the Perro DeeJay YouTube video when she got covid on the ship. I am so glad he stole our $125.

I'd go to the ports forum as mentioned and look for recent info.  We sailed out of PC a couple months ago and there were few shuttles or transportation. We were there at 9 a.m. and only about 6 other people.  I know things were picking up so maybe more options?

• Like 1

We used Cruise Control Transportation to and from Port Canaveral/MCO and found them to be wonderful. Very responsive, got updates from the drivers via text prior to pickup, and both drivers were very friendly. We had to find someone last minute and they were great. We did a private shuttle since their shared shuttles were all booked.

We booked our airfare thru NCL...during their buy one get one free promo...(which is still going on and we were able to add it after booking).....anyway, yes, it was buy one get one free, BUT...they make you take their travel insurance AND make you use their transport....in total though, the cost was still less than if we booked airfare ourselves and we now we have the assurance of the travel insurance if something goes wrong!! 

22 hours ago, linswi said:

We used Cruise Control Transportation to and from Port Canaveral/MCO and found them to be wonderful. Very responsive, got updates from the drivers via text prior to pickup, and both drivers were very friendly. We had to find someone last minute and they were great. We did a private shuttle since their shared shuttles were all booked.

We did this too. It was $180 round trip for a private spacious ride, which is right in line with an Uber or Lyft, even the Go Port or NCL shuttle. In these days of COVID I appreciate not being crowded in with a ton of other people. 

3 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

You might also consider one way car rentals.  We did that on our cruise out of Canaveral.  It was cheaper than a shuttle and worked just fine.  

Have you done one recently?  Hertz is down for the count and only a couple, like Budget recently opened back up.  Prior to this, we went this route but it came to point with pax counts the car rental agencies in PC were overwhelmed.  Our recent drop off in PC and shuttle to port was great but for trip from PC to MCO I had a choice to do rental for $65, wait for shuttle, carry bags, go to counter for or wait at dock and pay $90 for lyft who got us to MCO in 45 minutes.  He was going fast!

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

Have you done one recently?  Hertz is down for the count and only a couple, like Budget recently opened back up.  Prior to this, we went this route but it came to point with pax counts the car rental agencies in PC were overwhelmed.  Our recent drop off in PC and shuttle to port was great but for trip from PC to MCO I had a choice to do rental for $65, wait for shuttle, carry bags, go to counter for or wait at dock and pay $90 for lyft who got us to MCO in 45 minutes.  He was going fast!

No, I haven't done this since the covid.

On 12/17/2021 at 1:20 AM, bigrednole said:

They also stole 1000s of people's money during Covid and the cancellations. The owner was driving a nice brand new $100k Tesla. You can see it in the Perro DeeJay YouTube video when she got covid on the ship. I am so glad he stole our $125.

Hmmmm 1000 x $15 would not pay for a Tesla. 

8 hours ago, dexddd said:

I have a MCO to PC booked with National Car Rental next year (including a couple of days at Disney). Let’s hope they don’t cancel on us. Go Port back to the airport. 

On 12/16/2021 at 1:04 PM, SANDPEBBLES said:

We were on a first NCL Escape restart cruise out of Port Canaveral. The best option appears to be Go Port at goport.com. These use many, large buses and have a counter in the airport near baggage claim.

1 minute ago, Herbiemows said:

We were on a first NCL Escape restart cruise out of Port Canaveral. The best option appears to be Go Port at goport.com. These use many, large buses and have a counter in the airport near baggage claim.

The cost was $20 per person for the 45 minute drive.

https://www.cortrans-shuttle.com/

I read  a lot of rave reviews about this service a few years back so I tried it (twice now) and it lived up to its reputation. Friendly and efficient. Now this was pre-pandemic so there are no guarantees anymore and I don't know what restrictions they have. Worth a look though for sure. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

https://www.cortrans-shuttle.com/

I read  a lot of rave reviews about this service a few years back so I tried it (twice now) and it lived up to its reputation. Friendly and efficient. Now this was pre-pandemic so there are no guarantees anymore and I don't know what restrictions they have. Worth a look though for sure. 

I have used this shuttle service too and experienced very good service.  They were inexpensive and reliable.

1 hour ago, SANDPEBBLES said:

Thank you very much, everyone.

If you’re still looking, we’re Disney nuts and we’ve also taken a lot of cruises out of Port Canaveral. We’ve used Tiffany Towncars a LOT, they’re very reliable. Highly recommend. We even had to fly back a few days early one time from Disney World for a sick cat, and they rearranged our pickup same day within an hour with no extra cost, and we were very grateful for their flexibility!!