Splendor Christmas and New Years Cruise

mrlevin

40 minutes ago, cruiseluv said:

John Barron???

Yes.  I had one source earlier and now I also base this on the lack of a CD listed among senior staff.  Even if he was in quarantine and couldn't do trivia tomorrow; I believe he would still be listed as CD.  I am hopeful that Ray Solaire who was slated for Navigator (and might have already been in his 10 day quarantine) might show up as CD.  If not him maybe Margaret Lynn who lives close.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruiseluv said:

Isn’t there an Assistant CD that would take over?

We have a new assistant ACD named Alexander who is Annabelle's (Social Hostess) boyfriend.  They are both real new to Regent.  I don't think Alexander is anywhere close to being able to take over a department of around 30 people.  I think Regent is SOL on this one and will be real interested to see how they handle it.  Given the recent delay in Navigator return to service they can probably raid Navigator for personnel.

Edited by mrlevin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mrlevin said:

We have a new assistant ACD named Alexander who is Annabelle's (Social Hostess) boyfriend.  They are both real new to Regent.  I don't think Alexander is anywhere close to being able to take over a department of around 30 people.  I think Regent is SOL on this one and will be real interested to see how they handle it.  Given the recent delay in Navigator return to service they can probably raid Navigator for personnel.

BINGO.

wow, disappointed that John won't be onboard for us.  Ray is fine, if they bring him on, or Margaret.  But I was really looking forward to seeing John.  Love his style and his shows.  At least if Ray is onboard, I know we will win at trivia because my son who is joining us knows everything Harry Potter.

I am already  having anxiety attacks about flunking the covid test at the port and not being able to board. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, RachelG said:

wow, disappointed that John won't be onboard for us.  Ray is fine, if they bring him on, or Margaret.  But I was really looking forward to seeing John.  Love his style and his shows.  At least if Ray is onboard, I know we will win at trivia because my son who is joining us knows everything Harry Potter.

I am already  having anxiety attacks about flunking the covid test at the port and not being able to board. 

Rachel, ten days should be plenty of time for John to again test negative and be back onboard. 

3 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Rachel, ten days should be plenty of time for John to again test negative and be back onboard. 

I didn't know how long they would make him stay in quarantine--if they follow the new CDC guidelines, he would be back for sure. 

Maria, you were correct; we are all being tested again tomorrow in advance of San Juan.  We were all tested yesterday but looks like too far in advance for San Juan.  Anyone want to start a pool on how many positive?

4 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Maria, you were correct; we are all being tested again tomorrow in advance of San Juan.  We were all tested yesterday but looks like too far in advance for San Juan.  Anyone want to start a pool on how many positive?

Sorry to hear that. This is no way to relax on a vacation 

According to the news..

"The Puerto Rico Department of Health (PRDH) sent out a letter on December 26, implementing a near-immediate rule change that states all guests onboard must show a negative test result from a test taken no more than two days before disembarking in Puerto Rico.  The first ship that fell victim to the sudden change in rules in Puerto Rico was the Symphony of the Seas, the world’s largest cruise ship operated by Royal Caribbean. The vessel was denied entry to the port this morning, December 27. "

41 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

Just a question. Is evening entertainment being presented?

Sunday nothing except jukebox.  Monday duo performed (maybe pianist too). Tonight a visiting artist in theater.  May have production shows later in cruise. 

54 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

Just a question. Is evening entertainment being presented?

Hi "Dole" - Over on Mariner, Andy the CD just came on the announcement system and said that theater shows would still "go on" but that there would NOT be beverage service, Masks would be required at all times, and "social distancing would be practiced" for seating.  "Lot's more fun"!  Also, larger group gatherings like the Captain's Reception and the SSS meeting would NOT be held for the rest of the cruise.  Certainly NOT your "average Regent Cruise experience" no matter how hard the might be trying to "sell it" that way.  We're now on our "5-day sailing" from Costa Rica to San Diego.   Regards. 😉

Thanks, pingpong1. I certainly understand the need for masks at the shows and especially distancing of the guests. Distancing is something most of the travel industry has sadly ignored, and that’s a shame. But eliminating beverage service? I have heard much about the pandemic from doctors and scientists, but have never heard any of them claim that there is any relationship between it and drinking!

The reason for no drinks in the theater is clear.  Once someone is given a drink the mask comes off until the drink is consumed, if not longer.  Since social distancing is difficult in the theater, masking is necessary.  Sure it was nicer when we could have a drink while watching a show.  But the chance of catching omicron is so great that going maskless is tempting fate. JMO

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

When I asked today about making an appointment with the Cruise Consultant I was told that he was no longer onboard due to "family emergency."  Given that I saw him late afternoon of embarkation day helping out at muster station and his future cruise talk was scheduled for yesterday (I did not attend but assume it went on) I wonder if he got off this morning in Puerto Plata or just before leaving Miami.

Edited by mrlevin

16 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

John is posting on his Facebook page that he is Covid positive, in good health, in Miami, and will return to the ship 6 January.  Still no word from the officers onboard that we don’t have a cruise director. 

A headless cruise, so to speak. Doesn’t seem like a very professional way to run a cruise.