Retreat on Reflection - Worth it?

dkny330

Thinking about booking on the Reflection as it works with the dates I have free. Retreat seems like a good deal but think that the ship has not been "revolutionized" yet and is missing the Retreat Sundeck which we enjoyed greatly on other ships. Aside from Luminae, which we thought was very good and the lounge (which we don't use), is there anything else for guests in The Retreat on the Reflection? Thanks

14 minutes ago, dkny330 said:

Thinking about booking on the Reflection as it works with the dates I have free. Retreat seems like a good deal but think that the ship has not been "revolutionized" yet and is missing the Retreat Sundeck which we enjoyed greatly on other ships. Aside from Luminae, which we thought was very good and the lounge (which we don't use), is there anything else for guests in The Retreat on the Reflection? Thanks

Reflection was my fav S class ship until E-class, so I know what you mean.  Although, I still like the corner aft suites that are now sunset verandas.  Book if it is a great deal, but don't if you will be disappointed and always comparing.  Reflection is also a little more crowded with the extra cabins.  I have Equinox booked for Christmas of 2022, but in a sunset veranda.  The E-class ships were all shorter venues and I wanted Christmas and New Years to celebrate onboard.  All about choices and not being disappointed.  What does you gut say?

It has not been revolutionized; you are correct!

Edited by Lastdance

Not really.  The Retreat is really the 3 things you mentioned Luminae. Retreat Lounge and the Retreat Sundeck.  We rarely used the Lounge when it was Michael’s Club. We did use the Retreat Lounge on the Edge as it was a much more inviting space that it is on the S & M class.  

32 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Reflection was my fav S class ship until E-class, so I know what you mean.  Although, I still like the corner aft suites that are now sunset verandas.  Book if it is a great deal, but don't if you will be disappointed and always comparing.  Reflection is also a little more crowded with the extra cabins.  I have Equinox booked for Christmas of 2022, but in a sunset veranda.  The E-class ships were all shorter venues and I wanted Christmas and New Years to celebrate onboard.  All about choices and not being disappointed.  What does you gut say?

Thanks for the reply. My gut is telling me that if I do go on the reflection to save the $$$ and try to move up either before or on board for less. The retreat sundeck is what did it for me on the Edge and will be missing that "perk". 

• Like 1

We recently sailed first on the Apex, and then on Reflection, both in S1 Sky Suites (not corner aft) back-to-back.  On Apex, we found the Retreat deck was beautiful, but almost impossible to find a lounge in the shade during the day so we rarely used it.  The Retreat Lounge on Apex was beautiful, but we also enjoy the old style comfort of "Michaels' Club".  

As to cabins, the Reflection cabin wins hands down.  No, the furniture was not as new and shiny.  But the cabin itself was quite a bit bigger (both in depth and width), the sofa was much more comfortable, and the balcony was much more comfortable - bigger in depth and width also, and much more comfortable furniture.  The bathroom in Apex was much larger and nicer, but honestly how much time do you spend in there?  (that's a rhetorical question LOL).  And truthfully we liked the tub/shower combo in Reflection better even though it was smaller.  Luminae was great on each ship so a tie there.

So for us, all in all I liked the Reflection experience better as we love to spend time on our balcony and are not big sun lounge or pool people.  So it really all depends on what is more important to you

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

Did you mean to say that the corner aft suites are now Sunset Sky Suites?  I believe the sunset verandas are a newer category that does not include the retreat.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Did you mean to say that the corner aft suites are now Sunset Sky Suites?  I believe the sunset verandas are a newer category that does not include the retreat.

I sure did; thank you for correctiing me!  I should not be in the middle of baking cookies and on CC; however, it is snowing here like crazy, so I keep looking out the window too!

Edited by Lastdance

We've been in the Retreat on Edge and Summit.  While we LOVED the staff in the Retreat Lounge on Summit, the overall Retreat experience can't compare to the Edge-class Retreats.  

Reflection is my favorite S-class ships as well, but even revolutionized S-class ships do not have a retreat anything like the Edge class ships (no pool, for example on the sundeck).  We saw the Retreat area on Equinox in October.  If the pricing was really good, we'd consider a Sky Suite on an S-class ship but it would really have to be a great deal.  The S-class ships weren't built with the Retreat in mind so it really isn't close to the same experience as Edge in my opinion.

I have to agree the E Class ships were designed with the full Retreat experience in mind, however we loved our first Retreat on the Equinox in August, and we will only book the Retreat on X any ship going forward. The Lounge, Luminae, extra service and the Retreat Hosts (Butlers) make the Retreat very special. We do have 51 future days booked in Sky Suites on the Apex and Edge, which may make it hard to do any non-E Class ships in the future.

3 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I sure did; thank you for correctiing me!  I should not be in the middle of baking cookies and on CC; however, it is snowing here like crazy, so I keep looking out the window too!

Send some of that snow up to the Chicago area.  We would love a white Christmas, but it is not going to happen this year.  

Edited by jagoffee

2 hours ago, Host Anne said:

We've been in the Retreat on Edge and Summit.  While we LOVED the staff in the Retreat Lounge on Summit, the overall Retreat experience can't compare to the Edge-class Retreats.  

Reflection is my favorite S-class ships as well, but even revolutionized S-class ships do not have a retreat anything like the Edge class ships (no pool, for example on the sundeck).  We saw the Retreat area on Equinox in October.  If the pricing was really good, we'd consider a Sky Suite on an S-class ship but it would really have to be a great deal.  The S-class ships weren't built with the Retreat in mind so it really isn't close to the same experience as Edge in my opinion.

You are absolutely correct.

I am curious as to why the Reflection is your favorite S class ship.  I like the Reflection , but the Silhouette is our favorite.  For us it wins by a small margin because it is a little less crowded and has a full Sky Lounge instead of only half a Sky Lounge.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 12:39 PM, dkny330 said:

Keep in mind the Retreat Sundeck on the S and M class is totally different from the Retreat Sundeck on Edge class ships.