Prices so high for Europe 2022... am I doing something wrong?

Seraphine

We are Platinum level cruisers, but haven't been cruising since before the lockdown stuff.  But I was trying to book a 10 day Greek/Italy cruise for May 2022 (Escape) and it just seemed scary-expensive.

We were looking at a Balcony cabin for 2, plus an inside for 2 (our two teenagers).  The Balcony alone was going to be more than $6900, and the inside was going to be another 3000 or so.  We usually do a quad cabin, but the kids are getting too big to fit four so I had asked about a spare inside.

This is way too much.  We can't afford to go at this price.  I've not been keeping up on the boards, but is there a way to make a savings at all?  Even if we all cram into a quad cabin again, it's too much.  We've tried other lines, and we don't want to go unless it's on Norwegian, and this is one of our favourite ships.  

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Short of staying home.... that's getting really dull....

I see high prices for all NCL cruises in 2022.  A lot of people have FCC from previously cancelled cruises and they have to use them by the end of 2022, and book them by the end of January or lose them.  I have a feeling that once January passes, that prices will plummet. 

• Like 2

Have you looked at the Jade sailing that leaves April 24th? You can put all 4 of you into a 2 bedroom Haven suite for ~$10K, or a 2 bedroom non-Haven suite for ~$7K or 2 separate balcony rooms for ~$4K each. It might just be the particular week you're looking at.

Or the Epic sailing that leaves May 1st - that one would be about the same price as the Jade, but it's a better ship (IMO). Have 2 bedroom would be about 10K, club balcony suite with 4 people sharing would be under $5K total for all of you (a bit snug for 4, I've fit 3 in there comfortably),  and again 2 separate balcony rooms for ~$4K each.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Have you looked at the Jade sailing that leaves April 24th? You can put all 4 of you into a 2 bedroom Haven suite for ~$10K, or a 2 bedroom non-Haven suite for ~$7K or 2 separate balcony rooms for ~$4K each. It might just be the particular week you're looking at.

Or the Epic sailing that leaves May 1st - that one would be about the same price as the Jade, but it's a better ship (IMO). Have 2 bedroom would be about 10K, club balcony suite with 4 people sharing would be under $5K total for all of you (a bit snug for 4, I've fit 3 in there comfortably),  and again 2 separate balcony rooms for ~$4K each.

Those are good ideas.  We can't do the 24 April, but possibly 1 May with the Epic (which we love).  

I was just shocked at the prices.  I miss cruising so much, and I know they need to keep the fleet going, but it made me get pale real quick!

22 minutes ago, Seraphine said:

Those are good ideas.  We can't do the 24 April, but possibly 1 May with the Epic (which we love).  

I was just shocked at the prices.  I miss cruising so much, and I know they need to keep the fleet going, but it made me get pale real quick!

try searching through all the epic and jade cruises. They both have more reasonable prices in may.

11 hours ago, Seraphine said:

We are Platinum level cruisers, but haven't been cruising since before the lockdown stuff.  But I was trying to book a 10 day Greek/Italy cruise for May 2022 (Escape) and it just seemed scary-expensive.

We were looking at a Balcony cabin for 2, plus an inside for 2 (our two teenagers).  The Balcony alone was going to be more than $6900, and the inside was going to be another 3000 or so.  We usually do a quad cabin, but the kids are getting too big to fit four so I had asked about a spare inside.

This is way too much.  We can't afford to go at this price.  I've not been keeping up on the boards, but is there a way to make a savings at all?  Even if we all cram into a quad cabin again, it's too much.  We've tried other lines, and we don't want to go unless it's on Norwegian, and this is one of our favourite ships.  

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Short of staying home.... that's getting really dull....

this is about right, maybe look at a cheaper cruise line 

3 hours ago, glennmartin said:

this is about right, maybe look at a cheaper cruise line 

Eh, we really like NCL... we did one on MSC this past summer, and I realise it was covid precautions and all that, but it just wasn't fun like NCL.  We love the entertainment and bars and Howl at the Moon.  

We're based in Europe, and it's just easier to sail from here.  But very expensive now 😞

16 hours ago, Seraphine said:

You could all take a nice land vacation that will undoubtedly be less expensive.

Look at MSC - I have switched to them for the time being (never sailed them) for future bookings due to NCL prices.  I just booked 13-nights on MSC Poesia in September 2022 for $200 a night (or $100 per person per night) for a balcony room for 2-people all-in inclusive of free drinks and WIFI. They status match NCL which gives extra discount (already factored into my price above).

Edited by pghflyer

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

If you think 2022 is expensive, just look at 2023.  Maybe while sitting down?

I just did about an hour ago, was looking for Northern Europe, England Ireland Scotland, not many most are Baltic which I've done or Iceland, Greenland, no desire and prices are totally insane.

I think all those 10-25% off coupons they gave out is part of the equation why pricing is so high

I'm guessing your price includes flights? i've just had look at the May 21st cruise, and a balcony cost £4168 ($5600) whereas with flights it adds another £1300 ($1750) on top. 

Not sure where in Scotland your from but I can get Flights around £120 from Manchester so it might be worth looking at a DIY option

31 minutes ago, cybergremlin said:

I'm guessing your price includes flights? i've just had look at the May 21st cruise, and a balcony cost £4168 ($5600) whereas with flights it adds another £1300 ($1750) on top. 

Not sure where in Scotland your from but I can get Flights around £120 from Manchester so it might be worth looking at a DIY option

Nope, not including flights.