Data on outbreaks

pbenjamin

48 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

He's not accounting for people who test positive immediately after cruising.  Not in his interest.

While that is true, no other business requires both vaccinations and negative tests.  People test positive all of the time and haven't been on a cruise.  Nobody I know who has covid now has been on a cruise.  Should everyone test after an airplane trip, trip to the store, etc?  

I think every cruise ship should test people right before boarding, but I also think people should have to show a negative test to fly.  Right now, airports are probably cesspools of diseases yet they won't ever get shut down and people won't ever have to track positive cases due to flying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brandy14 said:

Definitely wasn’t saying it’s not possible but it does help. I’m sorry that happened to your BIL and glad he’s ok but just like the original vaccines it does take time to take full effect. I would like to see the stats of fully boosted people (2 weeks after the booster is still what they think) getting Covid. 

Thanks, he is getting better. That's the way I look at it; DW, OTOH, looks at it as he has a long way to go. But that's better than how stressed she was just a few days ago when things looked very bleak. Again as I wrote previously, the doctor said it was miraculous and gave credit to him getting all three vaccinations.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Thanks, he is getting better. That's the way I look at it; DW, OTOH, looks at it as he has a long way to go. But that's better than how stressed she was just a few days ago when things looked very bleak. Again as I wrote previously, the doctor said it was miraculous and gave credit to him getting all three vaccinations.

Another update---they are moving him out of the ICU. He should be home sometime soon, though he will need oxygen which they will set up.

even if we have all the data we want, does everyone have a number in mind where they will/wont cruise?  

i'm assuming the answer is yes other wise you wouldnt care about the numbers. to me as long as everything i want is open, id go no matter what, assuming all the infected were getting off the ship at the end. even if theres 1000 cases today, they are all getting off (or crew isolated) . of course the odds of everythign i want being open in such a case is probably zero 😞

7 hours ago, billslowsky said:

He's not accounting for people who test positive immediately after cruising.  Not in his interest.

Yes, the crew has routine testing, but the passengers are not tested unless they are symptomatic, and even if they do have symptoms, some passengers may choose to not report it.  This also doesn't account for the passengers who may test positive at home and need to cancel at the last minute.  

• Like 1