Room Feedback!

TexasJohn82

Good day folks!

Looking to take my family for a cruise on the first time (Wife and I have been).  We are looking at the Vista in July with a family of 7, and I was looking for feedback of 2 Balcon rooms (3 and 4) vs 3 Ocean View Family Harbor Rooms (3, 2, and 2).  Anybody cruised with 4 teens in a balcony room or have any other feedback?

Don't do it! Two to a cabin is the way to go, three max. You'll regret packing in like sardines. Four people in a cabin is just rediculous, you will quite leterally be on top of one another, bumping in to each other and there is not enough places to sit for everyone. Did it once, NEVER AGIAN. I highly suggest three cabins for seven people.  

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We have cruised 4 to a room many times (me, my husband, 2 teens).  Yes, it's tight but we made it work.  For me, the biggest negative to 4 in a cabin, is the upper bed is pulled down the entire time, which does make the cabin tight.  Should be less of an issue for 4 teens.  We just did our first cruise where we had the kids in a separate, but connecting cabin. If you can get it, my personal recommendation would be 2 connecting, balcony cabins.  Even with 7 people, it would probably feel like a lot of space. 

I have taken four cruises with two teenagers where we all shared the same room.  My kids were 12 and 14 the first time and by the time they were 16 and 18 we started booking two cabins.  We did it to save money at the time. 

It's doable but it's so, so crowded. There are tricks for a bit more privacy and my husband typically showered in the spa as well. If you can afford to pay for more space, do it.  If you can't four to a room is not an impossible feat.

We had balcony cabins with our 2 kids for at least 15 cruises.  We had dh shower in the gym, and the balcony became an "extra room" to hang out in while our 2 girls were changing, showering, napping etc.  I see no reason 4 teens would have a problem sharing a balcony cabin.

1 hour ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

It's doable but just imagine 1 dinner with bad clams and the toilet situation...

Good point, it's already bad enough if things go perfect, toss in variables and it can get dicy quick. I also think it's a bit crazy to have to shower in the spa when you have a cabin. maybe folks are packing in and dropping dueces in the spa too lol. No thanks.