Live from NCL Encore Jan 9-16

limeyalchemist

Made it through testing, and check-in. Will upload photos. Got here at 9:30am. Little hectic process but all went smoothly at the earlier hour. I would suggest being early if possible. Process of testing, security and check-in took about an hour. 

CVS sends you a text when results are in. Pink wristbands. 

Photo folder:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jdsYoj5ZFi9lEAEiaP5QS-TzavQ4m8bJ

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, SplashOfWater said:

Looking forward to hearing about your cruise! We will be on the Encore Jan 30th.

Us too, we are coming from the uk so looking forward to it but nervous Clovis will throw a spanner in the works. Tracking the ship every day as watching how it’s itinerary changes. Please keep us informed on what changes and what is closed, entertainment changes etc. 

thank you!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, norway olin said:

Curious if you tried to connect your Ncl app with the ship while in the terminal.

I didn't try this because your phone has to be in airplane mode to connect to the ship. However, it did seem like the app was prepared to connect.

Thanks for posting, we are on the Encore next Sunday 16th so any info will be great! I have put a link for our cruise group for them to follow you, have a great trip and stay safe. it says you are going to Nassau first (10th) can you confirm this. thanks 

• Thanks 1

Thanks.  Will try to use my internet minutes throughout, but limited amount available.  Internet onboard unlimited package is crazy expensive at around $300 for the week.

There are no Kinky Boots or Choice of Man unfortunately as in previous weeks.  No reason other than “issues with the performers”.

Will be stopping at Nassau tomorrow. Will look to go visit Blue Lagoon hopefully, one of our favorite places, but as this is an expected stop, not sure how well that will work.  The ship charges $75 per adult for that beach day and $49 for children.

Magician Joshua Jordan performing Sunday night.

Will post more as we go along.

Edited by limeyalchemist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the info, we appreciate any updates and hope you have a wonderful cruise! When you get the number on board can you post it please (if possible) I know our cruise group will be following this closely, I can't change my username yet, but the group know me as Tony Kirk.  Have fun and safe travels! ...look for the free Wi-Fi when you get off lol. 🙂 

Edited by OldmanUK
missed a word

Thank you for the updates. I too am cruising the Encore next Sunday and will be anxious for updates throughout the week. This cruise has been cancelled on me 3 times since March 2020.

Enjoy your voyage. 

~Adam

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OldmanUK said:

Thanks for the info, we appreciate any updates and hope you have a wonderful cruise! When you get the number on board can you post it please (if possible) I know our cruise group will be following this closely, I can't change my username yet, but the group know me as Tony Kirk.  Have fun and safe travels! ...look for the free Wi-Fi when you get off lol. 🙂 

Will try to get an estimate on passengers.  The CD Jaycee Sanchez said that there were 1,700 crew and there “were more of us than you all” in the intro to the show last night.  Feels that way too, with a lot of crew and the ship feels very quiet.  Not deserted, but much less crowded than normal which is nice.

Everyone is in good spirits and wearing masks.  We’ll see if that stays true throughout.

Let me know if there are any other questions.  Will try to scan and post the dailies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, limeyalchemist said:

Will try to get an estimate on passengers.  The CD Jaycee Sanchez said that there were 1,700 crew and there “were more of us than you all” in the intro to the show last night.  Feels that way too, with a lot of crew and the ship feels very quiet.  Not deserted, but much less crowded than normal which is nice.

Everyone is in good spirits and wearing masks.  We’ll see if that stays true throughout.

Let me know if there are any other questions.  Will try to scan and post the dailies.

Thank you for taking the time to update us, have a great time, I see the itinerary has changed and the DR is missing but St Thomas and Tortola is back in the running at the moment?  let us know if this changes... many many thanks!!  safe travels.

• Thanks 1

I'm another one slated to be on this cruise next week, so I'm anxiously awaiting any news you have to share!  I totally understand being low on minutes, for sure, but I know I'll be stalking this thread for sure., particularly re: how the itinerary changes.

I hope you have an amazing trip!

• Like 1

Thanks for posting these updates!! Sailing vicariously with you on this one...we were scheduled to sail yesterday but my wife tested positive just before we flew out. She's fine but we were QUITE bummed. A quiet(er) sailing does not sound bad at all. Rebooked for 2/20...fingers crossed.  

we will be on the 1/16 Encore sailing and am curious to know if they are seating table apart from one another for social distancing in the MDR to hopefully control "close contact" tracing, when and where possible.

Thanks

10 hours ago, classy_cruiser said:

Thanks for the updates. I’m wondering how well attended the pool deck parties are at night? Is it a ghost town? How’s the weather, is it warm enough to use the pool or is the water really cold? 

The deck parties are fairly well attended, but the ship is not feeling busy at all…during the day today, there was a healthy number of people around the pools.  Weather high 70s-80s and sunny but not too hot.  Perfect temp really.

• Like 1