Info on Seashore Deluxe Grand Suite please

TrinaLC

We have the opportunity to bid on the Deluxe Grand Suite in the yacht club, up from a “regular“ Deluxe YC suite. According to the published data these should be bigger, but many pictures that I’ve seen make them look roughly  the same.  Also, the published balcony sizes seem to range from being dramatically bigger, to being essentially the same.

Has anyone stayed in one? Would welcome input as to whether it’s worth putting in a bid. Adding to the complication is that we prefer to be on the side facing the private island, which we have now, and obviously there would be no guarantee of which side and upgraded room would be on.

Edited by TrinaLC

16 minutes ago, TrinaLC said:

We have the opportunity to bid on the Deluxe Grand Suite in the yacht club, up from a “regular“ Deluxe YC suite. According to the published data these should be bigger, but many pictures that I’ve seen make them look roughly  the same.  Also, the published balcony sizes seem to range from being dramatically bigger, to being essentially the same.

Has anyone stayed in one? Would welcome input as to whether it’s worth putting in a bid. Adding to the complication is that we prefer to be on the side facing the private island, which we have now, and obviously there would be no guarantee of which side and upgraded room would be on.

Was on Seashore b2b last month in a deluxe Grand suite.

We actually had to change rooms between b2bs.

First week the GS had a walk-in closet.

Second week GS did not. Room was about 6ft shorter. 

Balconies were the same.

They are both considered GS????

Huge baths.

Got of Meraviglia today and had just a YC deluxe. Almost the same as the 2nd cabin on Seashore. Bath was half the size.

If you already have a deluxe, I would not do it personally because there is no guarantee that you get the bigger GS. Also seemed those on private island were the bigger ones. We were on deck 18 both sailings.

21 minutes ago, TrinaLC said:

We have not stayed on one but are going in October of this year in a Deluxe Suite. Check out this YouTube clip looks like a walk in closet and larger balcony. 

Grand Suite = Grand Walk-in Closet.. 😂 

Stayed in Deluxe Grand Suite on Seashore in December for 12 Nights (B2B), deck 19 starboard side.

The “Grand” Suite didn’t felt Grand at all.

Layout seems similar to Deluxe Suite, they added a good size walk-in closet between bathroom and bedroom area.

No doubt, the walk-in closet offers plenty of additional storage which is useful on a long cruise (14+ nights).

I wished for more space in bedroom/livingroom area and/or bathroom. Bathroom has smaller shower compared to Meraviglia (different class of ship).

I would not spend the upgrade price ($600 per person on 12-Night B2B) again for a larger stateroom with basically just an added walk-in closet.

7B14DFD0-0444-4708-91F3-A81055DA0CE8.jpeg

A936B9DC-49B2-4BEB-A4C3-0B5AB946FE35.jpeg

7C4D4395-90F0-4691-8B57-312805816C72.jpeg

Edited by SirWolf

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Balconies were the same.

Huge baths.

Got of Meraviglia today and had just a YC deluxe. Almost the same as the 2nd cabin on Seashore. Bath was half the size.

If you already have a deluxe, I would not do it personally because there is no guarantee that you get the bigger GS. Also seemed those on private island were the bigger ones. We were on deck 18 both sailings.

What about the balcony?

1 hour ago, TrinaLC said:

What about the balcony?

The size of the Deluxe Grand Suite balcony on deck 19 looked the same like Deluxe Suite balcony. It seems that they just stretched the depth of the stateroom.. adding square footage in hallway (useless) and adding walk-in closet.

I noticed no difference in size of bathroom, bedroom & living room area and balcony.

~ to be fair ~ I didn’t took measurements 😂

Edited by SirWolf

Thanks that is really helpful. I think this thread will be useful for lots going forward so hope people keep posting. We did put in the minimum bid but now I regret it even though it was nominal. I’ll report back!

Most of the Deluxe Grand Suites on Seashore are on deck 19. Deck 20 is YC pool deck. Crew power washed every night at 0:20am deck 20, moved sun lounges and re-arranged sun lounges at 6:30am. No alarm clock needed.

We usually stay in YC on deck 15 or 16 (depending on ship), would never choose deck directly under pool deck again.

18 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Balconies were the same.

Huge baths.

They're are only 2 GS on deck 18, I think (18018 and 18019 so they must have pulled a fast one on you.

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

They're are only 2 GS on deck 18, I think (18018 and 18019 so they must have pulled a fast one on you.

I thought there were just 2 RS on 19 and 2 wellness on 18.

All deck 18&19 are GS with 16 being just deluxe on only one side due to glass double halls??

I know I was able to bid on both DS and GS. 

In the end I am happy I got it 2 weeks in a row at a steal.

On 1/17/2022 at 6:47 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

I thought there were just 2 RS on 19 and 2 wellness on 18.

All deck 18&19 are GS with 16 being just deluxe on only one side due to glass double halls??

I know I was able to bid on both DS and GS. 

In the end I am happy I got it 2 weeks in a row at a steal.

There are 2 royal suites but they are on deck 16

9 hours ago, magnus1977 said:

There are 2 royal suites but they are on deck 16

I was in the RS on deck 19 for a little party. It was definitely on 19 as I had to only walk a few doors down from my cabin.

Right in front of the ship. 

You are talking about the Seashore?

49 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I was in the RS on deck 19 for a little party. It was definitely on 19 as I had to only walk a few doors down from my cabin.

You might be thinking of the Owner's Suite on deck 19 front corner.

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

The RS on Seashore are on 16. Maybe you are thinking Owner's Suites on 19?

We were in 16027 over Thanksgiving, and it was much wider than the regular YC suites. I think when the original deck plans were released before Seashore was completed, some of the rooms on deck 19 were incorrectly labeled as YC Grand Suites. The one we had on 16, however, was definitely bigger. Great location!IMG_6146.thumb.jpeg.db08c315dfbd039d7c2e132710b8e78e.jpegIMG_6143.thumb.jpeg.0cd9bd149573d43a16362d45022687d8.jpegIMG_6139.thumb.jpeg.b58703696146b7317661958468467129.jpegIMG_6149.thumb.jpeg.e10cb9f0c741714dcd5553be35edb1eb.jpegIMG_6148.thumb.jpeg.8ca17013323c3db42474e58c15aa23b0.jpegIMG_6135.thumb.jpeg.00fddf84b74dc0b5bd0b08788c4dc334.jpeg

30 minutes ago, EMc&DrS said:

We were in 16027 over Thanksgiving, and it was much wider than the regular YC suites. I think when the original deck plans were released before Seashore was completed, some of the rooms on deck 19 were incorrectly labeled as YC Grand Suites. The one we had on 16, however, was definitely bigger. Great location!IMG_6146.thumb.jpeg.db08c315dfbd039d7c2e132710b8e78e.jpegIMG_6143.thumb.jpeg.0cd9bd149573d43a16362d45022687d8.jpegIMG_6139.thumb.jpeg.b58703696146b7317661958468467129.jpegIMG_6149.thumb.jpeg.e10cb9f0c741714dcd5553be35edb1eb.jpegIMG_6148.thumb.jpeg.8ca17013323c3db42474e58c15aa23b0.jpegIMG_6135.thumb.jpeg.00fddf84b74dc0b5bd0b08788c4dc334.jpeg

Staterooms 16027 and 16020 are definitely bigger/wider than most “standard” YC Deluxe Grand Suites on 19 .  Standard Grand Suites are deeper/longer but only as wide as YC Deluxe Suites .. they added just the walk-in closet.