Transfer cruise from one ship to another?

bcvgirls

Has anyone been able to transfer their cruise from one ship to another when the cruise is only a few weeks away?  I just found out that there is a very large group (about 1500 people)  on the cruise I’m on and we have had a bad experience in the past with large groups on ships. I called today to try to get our trip changed but I was told the only option was to cancel and get a FCC and pay cash for a different trip since the FCC takes weeks to process.  I’m not sure if we will be able to take more time off of work before the FCC expires.  Any suggestions on how to get the ships changed or am I just stuck?  

25 minutes ago, bcvgirls said:

Has anyone been able to transfer their cruise from one ship to another when the cruise is only a few weeks away?  I just found out that there is a very large group (about 1500 people)  on the cruise I’m on and we have had a bad experience in the past with large groups on ships. I called today to try to get our trip changed but I was told the only option was to cancel and get a FCC and pay cash for a different trip since the FCC takes weeks to process.  I’m not sure if we will be able to take more time off of work before the FCC expires.  Any suggestions on how to get the ships changed or am I just stuck?  

I have done this several times over these past many months, though with Celebrity for these cruises.  I would def call them again and move up the chain of command as needed.

Yes you need to get a supervisor involved.   It’s possible to expedite FCCs when you need to pay for another booking.  However the easiest thing for everyone is if they let you move the ship and sail date and they waive any penalties.  If the person you get on the phone gives you a hard no, and isn’t willing to get resolutions involved, hang up and call back. 

• Like 1

I've moved several cruises over the last year, under the CWC policy, to another ship.  Important to keep the same reservation number, so it's a move and not a cancel-rebook.  All the money moves over, and if the new one is less a refund is issued.  You pay the difference if the new one is more.  I even had prepaid tips moved over.

Some of RCCL's, and some travel agencies, have very new staff.  So, they don't always know the finer details about booking.

I booked a cruise direct with RCCL a few weeks ago, and the agent didn't know anything about the DP340 solo discount (Crown and Anchor 340 points or more), and was so excited about it!  He put it in his "notes", because "I will be a very popular booking agent knowing this".  He was delightful, a voice like Barry White, the singer.  

I booked our second free Pinnacle cruise for January 2021 and of course it got cancelled. I was allowed to lift and shift to January 2022.  I didn't feel comfortable sailing right now so I called to change to a date a few months later and was told no as the certificate was no longer valid.  A supervisor concurred I could only get the money back that I paid for taxes and I lost the free cruise.  That was tough. 😪