Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

22 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Mine comes from chocolate.

I was thinking more basic ship to ship comparison, the differences between venues.

From what I've been reading since Oasis made her debut, she seems to be the ship of choice for many.

Agree...Oasis ladies are some of my favorites!  Errrr...actually all classes of the ships are my favorites!  😄   With a heavy nod to the Radiance sisters.  😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msuspartabigten said:

I am still confused why these are necessary if you have to be vaxxed to get on the boat. If it's because kids 11 and younger don't have to be vaxxed, then maybe just everyone under 18 should wear them. You can't tell me you might mistake a 21 year old for an 11 year old lol

Adults travelling with unvaccinated kids are treated as being unvaccinated.  There will be venues on board that they will not have access to even though they are fully vaccinated

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

BTW, social distancing staff are serious on looking for vaccine bracelets. Saw folks turned away at the show. 

I have had this happen on every cruise, usually on formal night when my tux sleeve covers the bracelet.   Then I had to set my drink down and pull my sleeves up.  😂

13 minutes ago, island lady said:  

I wonder if they had to pay for the missing towels.  😲

I was reading someone’s complaint that they got nicked for $200 in towel charges that showed up on their final statement after they left the ship.   Maybe that is what happened with them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Pool time. iFLY at 3:30. Rack of Lamb for dinner, and the Book at 8:15.

Should be getting my Crescendo at SL tonight

Let me know if you like it.  Ken didn't, but I love them.  😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Mine comes from chocolate.

I was thinking more basic ship to ship comparison, the differences between venues.

From what I've been reading since Oasis made her debut, she seems to be the ship of choice for many.

The venues and facilities are working fine, but I'd hate to see what it's like with 2000 more people. That's what I was wondering. 

I'll go over some basic differences soon 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Pool time. iFLY at 3:30. Rack of Lamb for dinner, and the Book at 8:15.

Should be getting my Crescendo at SL tonight

You know I have never tried the rack of Lamb? After seeing some of your pictures I need to try it. I have not had it for years. I do like it but not normally with some of the sauces that come with it. Let me know how you liked it?

I weighed 171.2 on Friday morning.  We'll do damage control next Monday

Hopefully some day for me. I have a long way to go. 

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Didn't know the Book had an 8:15 tonight?  Must be a change from the info page I have tacked on my wall.  Mine shows Santa Fe and the Fat City Horns at 8 and 10:15.  😮 

We have the Book reserved for 9 pm tomorrow.  

Going to Pete Matthews at  7 pm tonight. 

If have not see the concert video of Santa Fe and Fat City Horns you must, they are fantastic. I have been listening to them for years when my best friend used to play with them. I have been friends with Jerry Lopez and his brother Lenny for a long time. All the musicians in the band are pros who play in other shows on the strip in Vegas. They are some amazing player and the band is tight as ever. Check them out !

2 hours ago, island lady said:

You and Bucky are the exact same weight!!  He has weighed in at 171 for years.  He eats lots of sweets, plenty of drinks, and still never gains an ounce.  😮 

Me...I could probably smell food and  gain pounds in seconds.  😣  But I have actually been the same plump self for 30 years now...no smaller (unfortunately) and no bigger.   I eat lite and healthy, don't eat sweets, use sugar free, exercise...but I do love my wine.  The diet gods must be demons.  😈

I have a best friend like Bucky. He's been the same weight for over 30 years and eats everything in site. I am exactly like my father. I was skinny as a rail until I hit 40 then my metabolism slowed down to a crawl. My wife is exactly like you. I've told her you are what you are and I love you just the way you are.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I have had this happen on every cruise, usually on formal night when my tux sleeve covers the bracelet.   Then I had to set my drink down and pull my sleeves up.  😂

I was reading someone’s complaint that they got nicked for $200 in towel charges that showed up on their final statement after they left the ship.   Maybe that is what happened with them.

On our Oasis cruise in December, the room attendant was removing the pool towels from our room before we had a chance to return them.  He did the same thing when we grabbed a couple from Coco Cay.  When we returned home, we were charged $50 for the two pools towels but weren't charged for the previous four from Coco Cay.  I called and explained and they removed the charges.  I am guessing that could have been what happened to the other person as well.

I weighed 171.2 on Friday morning.  We'll do damage control next Monday

I was rather delighted when I weighed in for iFly ... I was only up two pounds. And then we had that rough day at sea and I scaled things back to eat light and be on the safe side. I weighed in this morning to find that I was back to my pre-cruise weight after 11 days at sea.

So very nice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

If have not see the concert video of Santa Fe and Fat City Horns you must, they are fantastic.

I've told her you are what you are and I love you just the way you are.

Thanks!  Will try to catch again later this week, or most probably next week.  🙂  

And...your wife is lucky to have you.  Sooo sweet!  😉 🥰

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

The venues and facilities are working fine, but I'd hate to see what it's like with 2000 more people. That's what I was wondering. 

I'll go over some basic differences soon 

Me....loving this ship.  But the 3 hour crazy traffic drive will keep me off of it in the future.  Now if we could get a Quantum class ship in PC....🤗

Ehh...just feel lucky we finally have 3 RCI ships home ported there.  And with Wonder coming in...wow!  Excited to be on board to bring her in to her new home on November 13th.  😍

But you are right, there are a lot of differences...both good and not as good between this ship and Oasis class.  I do miss the Aqua theater.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

They replaced the entire ride surface a couple of cruises ago.  Reports are that it rides much better now.  Hopefully, I will get to compare the new surface in 40 days to the one I rode back in August on the Odyssey (yuck).

We’re on this cruise, too. (Hopefully!) My husband was very happy to hear the report from @twangster that they had replaced the surface of the Flowrider-no seam now. Also, I wanted to let you know that there has been a large price drop on our balcony cabin for this cruise last week and another one today-savings of over $800. You may want to check it out. See you at the Flowrider!

Great “live” John, thanks! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

There was one ship I was on, can't remember which...but that is exactly what they did.  They had shelfs of boxes behind the towel station with a "lost and found" set up.  The Hogs had to go there to claim their stuff.  😉  

I wonder if they had to pay for the missing towels.  😲

They came back and were berating the pool attendant, then started watching for folks to violate the 30 minute 'rule'.

It was just sad

I feel for the attendant. This kind of behavior could make them stop enforcing policy 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, zanydoc said:

We’re on this cruise, too. (Hopefully!) My husband was very happy to hear the report from @twangster that they had replaced the surface of the Flowrider-no seam now. Also, I wanted to let you know that there has been a large price drop on our balcony cabin for this cruise last week and another one today-savings of over $800. You may want to check it out. See you at the Flowrider!

I'm no FlowRider aficionado, but this one looks deeper at the rear than the others I've seen.

20220201_135258.thumb.jpg.adde99f3e7b02c30c17e1325858e6e44.jpg

20220201_135219.thumb.jpg.21b55fc7e5161f754979e0753dd514eb.jpg

• Thanks 1

FYI, there is a knock off Eames Chair in the Library. Very comfy, but no stool.

20220201_135107.thumb.jpg.fc887f63dc97b670f416e10b149d38e0.jpg

A couple of game tables with a killer view

20220201_135055.thumb.jpg.628bfa2b664674bc7e0fc83725719dd8.jpg

Library is in upper section of Two70

No books, though

20220201_135033.thumb.jpg.c4bc97ba14a93becad7c0f49852c2529.jpg

But there is an elevator. Very similar to the one in Oasis spa

20220201_135044.thumb.jpg.3433babc5cdd408cf37be9a62cb744da.jpg

It's a nice touch for those with access issues

20220201_135119.thumb.jpg.034a6f4dd226dcdbc3010149f13ef9b3.jpg

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, zanydoc said:

Thanks for the heads up on the price drop. I randomly was looking at pricing last night I noticed large price drops for summer categories as well for the March cruise on the Odyssey. Some cabins were selling now for about half of what they were a couple weeks ago

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm no FlowRider aficionado, but this one looks deeper at the rear than the others I've seen.

20220201_135258.thumb.jpg.adde99f3e7b02c30c17e1325858e6e44.jpg

You are exactly right about the Flowrider. There is a lot more space before hitting the wall at the top of the wave. A lot less people will hit that wall. If any. Much safer in that regard than ones on the other ships.

When we were on the odyssey back in August they had one book on the shelf in the library. Part of me thought that is why the show was called the book in 270.

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

20220201_135055.thumb.jpg.628bfa2b664674bc7e0fc83725719dd8.jpg

Library is in upper section of Two70

No books, though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of elevators, there is also one in Seaplex to get up to Playmaker's 👍

Same design, self service 

20220201_135145.thumb.jpg.f25b9e9000fa52d6ed10f4c715d340f6.jpg

Forgot to show the 'bed' chair in Two70. I wonder how the view is during a show. 

20220201_135132.thumb.jpg.bba0d7be9ed81b5ac80eb3db70c9b05d.jpg

And I think @twangster mentioned this, but the deck 5 outer promenade is a great way to go around both the Esplanade and the Via. 

Look to your right when you leave Two70.

Mask Free Zone as well

20220201_135016.thumb.jpg.caa1507b0de0dddc50d0daec9e3067f7.jpg

• Like 5

On 1/31/2022 at 12:46 PM, island lady said:

Thanks a lot John......   😛   Now how do I hide?  😉 

It was nice to put a face to a CC friend Pat.

They were lovely photos of you both.

Wishing you both and John and Lala a fantastic cruise.

Graham.

• Like 6