Food on Labadee

schwabby

34 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

How was it?  I’ll be in Labadee in a few weeks - haven’t been there in a while. 

Haven't been there for a while either and not to be snide, but as it comes from the ship it will be as good (or as bad?) as the food on the ship.  Typical hamburgers, hotdogs, etc.  The suite beach food is far better, but that would be as expected.

On a different note, have been to CocoCay twice since October and overall the food there looked pretty good.  However, didn't eat at the main food service area as we were at the Beach Club, and the food there was excellent!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Haven't been there for a while either and not to be snide, but as it comes from the ship it will be as good (or as bad?) as the food on the ship.  Typical hamburgers, hotdogs, etc.  The suite beach food is far better, but that would be as expected.

On a different note, have been to CocoCay twice since October and overall the food there looked pretty good.  However, didn't eat at the main food service area as we were at the Beach Club, and the food there was excellent!

Thanks for this - good to know.  Hopefully my RoyalUp bid for a suite will come through.  Fingers crossed. 🤞

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

Thanks for this - good to know.  Hopefully my RoyalUp bid for a suite will come through.  Fingers crossed. 🤞

If you are the higher bidder.....

Just curious how the recommended minimum bid when added to your original fare paid compared to the current suite price you bid on?  Or was there no published pricing for the suites available at the time for comparison?

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

If you are the higher bidder.....

Just curious how the recommended minimum bid when added to your original fare paid compared to the current suite price you bid on?  Or was there no published pricing for the suites available at the time for comparison?

I bid the bare minimum.  I did the same on Freedom a few months back and won a JS.  This time I bid on a GS.  Since the Jewel that I’m booked on is currently a quarantine ship and my cruise is the first with paying passengers, I’m hoping it will be on the empty side and the chances for my bid will be greater.  Haven’t look at suite prices but I’m sure they are way above my lowball bid. 

24 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Love the suite beach at ladabee , very nice buffet , lamb chops, steak , great service lots of waiters getting drinks, they will give you floats to use . Been there several times was disappointed that they don’t have same thing at coco cay.

2 minutes ago, George C said:

Love the suite beach at ladabee , very nice buffet , lamb chops, steak , great service lots of waiters getting drinks, they will give you floats to use . Been there several times was disappointed that they don’t have same thing at coco cay.

The Beach Club, while not being suite exclusive, is the closest thing. But as it is a paid venue with limited numbers, it does offer a relatively private experience.  And the lunch offerings, which include a full lobster (claw meet chopped and placed in the shell along with the tail), filet, and other selections are among the best we've had through Royal.  Typically the price is discounted at some point pre-cruise which makes the beach and lunch experience well worth it IMO.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I bid the bare minimum.  I did the same on Freedom a few months back and won a JS.  This time I bid on a GS.  Since the Jewel that I’m booked on is currently a quarantine ship and my cruise is the first with paying passengers, I’m hoping it will be on the empty side and the chances for my bid will be greater.  Haven’t look at suite prices but I’m sure they are way above my lowball bid. 

You may get lucky if there is sparse bidding, but it typically goes by highest bid in descending order.  Good luck!

4 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

The Beach Club, while not being suite exclusive, is the closest thing. But as it is a paid venue with limited numbers, it does offer a relatively private experience.  And the lunch offerings, which include a full lobster (claw meet chopped and placed in the shell along with the tail), filet, and other selections are among the best we've had through Royal.  Typically the price is discounted at some point pre-cruise which makes the beach and lunch experience well worth it IMO.

Have you been to MSc private island, super nice suite/yacht club area , waiter service with a nice lobster roll as a option for lunch .

9 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

The flies seem to enjoy it! 😉

LOL 🤣 That is a problem.  The most flies I’ve seen was in Islas Mujeres in Mexico- I was hungry and left Mexico with Montezuma’s Revenge.  It was pretty painful and definitely not worth the food I ate. 

20 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

You may get lucky if there is sparse bidding, but it typically goes by highest bid in descending order.  Good luck!

Yes of course that’s how it works but like you said if there are very few bidding, I might just get it - worked on Freedom for me. 

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

A few questions… will the roving beach attendants take your order and deliver to your chair?  Does the chair have a pop up flag to indicate you need more drinks?  Do you have to make a reservation for the restaurant in advance (someone posted somewhere that you did?).

6 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

A few questions… will the roving beach attendants take your order and deliver to your chair?  Does the chair have a pop up flag to indicate you need more drinks?  Do you have to make a reservation for the restaurant in advance (someone posted somewhere that you did?).

Yes to all three questions.  You should be able to make reservations through your planner.  They serve the lunch from 11:30 - 2:30.  The bar is only a couple minute walk from anywhere on the beach so self serve is also an easy option.  Dedicated shuttle to and from the end of the pier as well.  

• Like 1

I should add that you can wait until you are there to book your lunch time, but your options will likely be limited.  That happened with us the first time in October as we only decided once we were at CocoCay to go the Beach Club, and the only times open were 11:30 and 2:30.  We chose the earlier time, which turned out to be fine.  But on our next visit earlier this month we reserved 1:30 in advance.

2 hours ago, George C said:

Is the Labadee Suite Beach a perk for Pinnacles?  We are stopping at Labadee in February of 2023 and unless something prevents us from cruising this year, we will be Pinnacle for that sailing.  

5 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Is the Labadee Suite Beach a perk for Pinnacles?  We are stopping at Labadee in February of 2023 and unless something prevents us from cruising this year, we will be Pinnacle for that sailing.  

As I understand it, yes it is.  Congrats on your attaining that tier level.

33 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Yes. Pinns we’re allowed in last week. 

3 hours ago, George C said:

They didn’t have lamb chops last week. Shrimp skewers, minute steak and bbq ribs along with the burgers and hot dogs. 
Skewers and steak was good but the ribs were tough as a boot. 
Sand flies hovering the sand everywhere but they were not a bother at all. 

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 1