Has anyone done Chefs table post covid?

gsilva

Thinking of booking chefs table on March cruise. Wondering with mask protocols how they are seating 14 people who may not know each other. Do not feel like sitting at a table and then have to bite and cover. Anyone know if business as usual at chefs dinner? Really enjoyed the last one we did and would like to do it again.

I went to the Chefs table in October on the Dream and no masks all and 14 people at one long table elbow to elbow. That was before the heighted protocols in effect now. I am planning to book Chefs table on my upcoming Feb 28th Breeze cruise and hope its the same as the October.

Did it this week.  Meal was in conference room, not kitchen.  No kitchen tour.  Masks we not required once seated.  You were sat with other parties.  No distancing from other parties (it was 6 people on one side and 8 people on other side at a table)

No different than our local buffets here , Went last night , I 'd say 150 people in the place , Mask are not required here , very few seen , No gloves and everything is self serve , Seating is  normal  as it was pre covid  , This is Arkansas , We are living life as normal  pre covid 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 4:06 AM, gsilva said:

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be enjoying a chefs dinner in March.🙂

Glad to hear you will get to enjoy dining at the chef's dinner. (Did one myself many years ago-what a great experience!)

When I read your title, about post covid, I thought, how can this be? For me,  we are still in the pandemic.  Others may  feel differently.

2 hours ago, urbanhawk said:

Glad to hear you will get to enjoy dining at the chef's dinner. (Did one myself many years ago-what a great experience!)

When I read your title, about post covid, I thought, how can this be? For me,  we are still in the pandemic.  Others may  feel differently.

Maybe the OP meant after the restart of cruising.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 2:53 PM, CC Rider 69 said:

Did one on the Miracle in August. There was no galley tour, we were seated in the dance club, long, long table, with some distance between. Wore mask in and out, but not during the meal. 

You wouldn't happen to have the menu from the Miracle?  I'm thinking of booking. Boarding on the 20th 👍😃

On 2/6/2022 at 2:49 PM, ninjacat123 said:

Maybe the OP meant after the restart of cruising.

Possibly, but I was saying we're still in the pandemic, due to the requirements for testing, masks, social distancing, only vaccinated cruises, etc. I know many people still cruise with all these conditions, but it's not for me-just a personal choice. For all others, enjoy your cruises! 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...